Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Geneva Motor Show 2011 + more : )

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up Geneva Motor Show 2011 + more : )

Hi Member's, check out what's at the Geneva Motor Show.
Post which one(s) you like ? EnJoy

Geneva Motor Show 2011: Beauty, Brawn and the Bizarre
View as gallery

From the sublime to the bizarre, no other auto show thrills like Geneva. Under no other roof but that of the Geneva Palexpo could you find an electric Rolls Royce, an Indian microcar and an outlandish French concept. And that's not even mentioning the most exotic supercars, built in countries we didn't even know had automobile industries.
With the knowledge that variety, and horsepower, is the spice of life, we bring you the concepts and cars that caught our eye at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show.

Above: BMW Vision ConnectedDrive

Any news from BMW is big news, especially a concept that showcases a new design language. However, the folks in Munich sent over the Vision ConnectedDrive to highlight function, not form.
While its sumptuous silhouette and roll-down Z1-style doors are certainly lust-worthy, we'd also love to have its 3-D augmented heads-up display that can be customized to show the driver anything from a clear windshield to architectural information about nearby buildings.
Photo: Newspress

Abarth Scorp-Ion

What a difference a dash makes. The Abarth Scorpione 1300 was a tiny, rear-wheel drive racer that got about 8 mpg and did 0-62 in 12 seconds. The Scorp-Ion, however, is an all-electric, lithium-ion (get it?) battery-powered design study from Turin's Istituto Europeo di Design that puts electric motors at each wheel. We'd like both, please.

Alfa Romeo 4C

Please excuse our behavior when the 4C hits the showroom floor at our local Chrysler dealership, because we'll be squealing like tweens at a Justin Bieber concert. For us, the long-rumored return of Alfa has been like the promise of a Verizon iPhone, and it looks like it actually might be happening this time.
Sure, it'll start out at $60k, but it'll be here, carving up the 101, valeted outside Manhattan hot spots and drooled over from sea to shining sea.

Alpina BMW B5 BiTurbo

It's the consummate Q-ship, the sublime sleeper, the überwagon. Alpina worked their Bavarian black magic on a 5-series wagon to give it 500 horsepower out of a 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8. Amazingly, the bodywork and 20-inch rims look downright classy.
We'd love to get groceries in this monster, but we're pretty sure they'd all end up pasted to the rear windshield.

Audi A3 Concept

Another score from Audi. Not only does the A3 look good as a sedan, but its stats are just as breathtaking: 408 hp from a direct injection, 2.5-liter, 5-cylinder engine mated to a seven-speed S Tronic transmission. The aluminum and carbon-fiber 20-inch wheels might reduce unsprung weight, but we're pretty sure they won't end up as standard equipment on a production vehicle.

Citroën Metropolis

Designed for the French pavilion at the 2010 Shanghai World Expo, the Metropolis luxo-barge plug-in hybrid has silently sailed into Geneva. Still no word on if it's been given the green light for production, but if it does it'll certainly give the Panamera a run for its money, and become a worthy successor to the incomparable DS.

Sbarro Evoluzione

No, we didn't pull a photo of a Gallardo off wreckedexotics.com -- that's how it's supposed to look. The Evoluzione is actually the creation of students of Swiss designer Franco Sbarro, who is best known as the inventor of the hubless wheel. We'd like to say the car is a beast if not a beauty, but unfortunately there's only a 1.8-liter Audi four-cylinder engine in the Evoluzione's bedsore of a rear end.
Photos: Newspress

Mansory 458 Italia Siracusa

We'll never forgive them for what they did to a Mercedes SLS, and the Dodge Challenger paint job isn't quite our cup of tea, but at least the tuners at Mansory squeezed another 30 horsepower out of, and shaved off 150 pounds off, a stock 458 Italia.

Nissan Esflow concept

Unfortunately for Nissan, the Esflow debuted online a few weeks before its big unveil in Geneva. That doesn't change the facts: It's a mid-engine, rear-drive EV with a nearly 150-mile range that can do 0-62 in under 5 seconds. If Nissan decides to build the Esflow, it could be the new Z for the Leaf generation. Photo: Newspress

Pagani Huayra

If they still make coffee-table books of supercars, this one will be on the cover. Replacing the Pagani Zonda, the ultra-exotic Huayra is so exclusive, you have to put down a $100,000 deposit just to learn how the model name is pronounced.
Aside from the fact the car might be sold in the United States, the rest of the news is just math: 700 horsepower + 12-cylinder twin-turbo engine built by AMG + 0-62 time of 3.3 seconds = around $1.6 million.

Renault Captur

If you can imagine the styling of the Nissan Juke getting any more, er, "unique," you'll have a Renault Captur. Apparently, Renault still has enough money to hint at future models with outré concepts, and they've done so with the Captur. Beneath that rugged exterior lie seats made of fluorescent orange rubber bands and similarly colored luminescent dashboard panels.

Rolls-Royce 102EX

A Rolls-Royce is supposed to be silent and powerful, right? It makes sense that it would be electrified. Still, a company as staid (and low-volume) as Rolls would go about the process quite conservatively. Hence, the 102EX is a one-off concept meant to judge customer interest and ensure that it delivers an "authentic Rolls-Royce experience," according to CEO Torsten Müller-Ötvös.
Photo: Rolls-Royce

SEAT iBX

While we'll never see one in the United States, SEAT's iBX previews the design direction that the entire brand -- a Volkswagen Group subsidiary -- will take in the coming years. The two-door crossover is also a range-extended plug-in EV with about a 28-mile electric-only range.

Tata Pixel

The Pixel is a city car in every sense of the world. Tata claims that it comfortably fits four adults in a package that's only 10 feet long -- jut a little bigger than a Smart ForTwo -- and gets over 60 mpg with start-stop technology and regenerative braking. The doors open upward, Lambo style, to make exiting the vehicle a snap even in the tightest parking spaces. Most interestingly, however, are the rear wheels that can turn in opposing directions, allowing the vehicle to "pivot" and parallel park effortlessly. Photo: Newspress

Toyota FT-86 II

This Toyota-Subaru creation is the latest iteration of the rear-wheel-drive sports car that Toyota has been promising us for years, looking a little more production-ready than the previous FT-86 concept we saw. We'd love it if they called it a Supra.

Volkswagen Golf R

Volkswagen debuted new colors and interior stylings for the Golf R hot hatch, which is already on sale in Europe but debuts as a 2012 model in the United States. Perhaps the new colors of "Oryx White," "Carbon Steel Grey," "Space Grey" and "Aplomb Blue" (shown above) will make it stateside as well. Interiors of the show cars feature Nappa leather.

Last edited by Space; 03-07-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Default Ft-86ii

...I kinda like this Toy FT-86 II ConCept

...................... I do like the Engine Speaker's on the Rear
..................................I love the sounds of Power
4-Sure
...It's suppose 2 `go in2 production...I'm sure it will be Big $'s

..I think it has kinda a Modern/Updated MonteCarlo like Profile look ? ?

& I'm not Smok'in anything, but just happy that companies R still'in mak'in coupes : ) My preference : )

I hope they get it on the Road, so I can test drive one : )
Which one on this thread do U like ? None of them ? LOL
I know I couldn't afford any of them, but I'm a Dreamer 4-Sure.....
Peace/Happy/Out

Last edited by Space; 03-04-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:39 AM

I never had a coloring book when I was little, so now I play with my
yard sale photoChop Program.. Still in the novice stage or play'in/dream'in 4-$ure : )

Needs a Bow-Tie 2 `be properly Dressed

GM, `if U R still reading our Threads.
(If your not, U should : )
What Coupes R U mak'in 4 us ? I know you have the Camaro,
but can anyone really ride in the back seat 4 any distance.
Sure not like your former Monte Carlo's.
I know, that you also have the Caddy Coupe, but who can really afford one ?
Not Many, but there are many that could @ a lower price..

Can't you still deSign another personal/sporty coupe for
family & friends for under $30K ? With a direct injection V-6/sixSpeed ?
Thanks you 4 your consideration.
We shall be waiting
4-Sure

Attached Thumbnails Geneva Motor Show 2011 + more : )-ss-toy.jpg   Geneva Motor Show 2011 + more : )-%60mcf.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 03-05-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:42 AM

The `End
Rear

Attached Thumbnails Geneva Motor Show 2011 + more : )-montetoyss.jpg  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:27 AM

10 Best Concept Cars of 2011

Check out this list of the 10 Best Concept Cars of 2011. Cars include the Audi e-tron, GMC Granite and other car show favorites.

By Car and Driver

Audi e-tron

Audi e-tron

This rear-drive electric concept bowed in Detroit wearing slinky metal over tidier-than-TT proportions. Unlike the R8-esque EV of the same name, this e-tron isn’t scheduled for production. All is not lost; its design—the aspect we like most—portends that of Audi’s upcoming R4. An equally gorgeous topless version shown in Paris uses a diesel-electric hybrid powertrain.

Citroen Survolt

Citroen Survolt

Silent racing could be closer than we think. Shown in Paris as a styling buck, the Survolt later gained twin electric motors generating 300 horsepower. It’s capable of 0 to 62 mph in less than five seconds and a top speed of 162 mph, according to Citroën. The company also claims max range of 124 miles—but at slightly lower speeds.

Deltawing Concept

Deltawing Concept

Created by Ben Bowlby (former Lola design chief, former Ganassi Racing tech director), the DeltaWing was one of several proposed 2012 IndyCar chassis. The shape generates downforce without wings or spoilers and is supposed to be immune to turbulence in close quarters. Unveiled at Chicago, it was serious enough to have the support of Roger Penske and Chip Ganassi, but a modular Dallara design ultimately won IndyCar’s affections.

GMC Granite Concept

GMC Granite Concept

A GMC vehicle that’s not a rebadged Chevrolet? That’s the story of this very small but very butch crossover. A Detroit debutant, the Granite has been a show-circuit hit. Future production is at this point a poorly kept secret; the challenge will be preserving the pillarless design and easy-access rear doors.

Jaguar C-X75

Jaguar C-X75

It’s reminiscent of the old XJ220 (1992–94), but this stunning Paris show car’s primary propulsion is provided by electrons rather than combustion events. Like the Chevy Volt, the C-X75 augments its batteries with a range-extending power source. Unlike the Volt, that source is two gas turbines. Top speed is a claimed 205 mph, also unlike the Volt. But forgive us if we remain leery of an electronically powered Jag.

I like the `Jag, which one do U like ?

Lancia Stratos

Lancia Stratos

This Lancia Stratos prototype debuted not at an auto show, but while brutalizing an Italian test track. Faithful in appearance to Bertone’s 1972 homologation special, the revival Stratos sports a V-8 derived from the Ferrari F430 Scuderia’s but promises a power-to-weight ratio that’s better than an Enzo’s. Pininfarina and the team of wealthy enthusiasts behind the Stratos will build you one, too—for a price.

Peugeot SR1

Peugeot SR1

In addition to its sculpted shape, this hybrid GT concept—first seen at Geneva—has a couple of unusual features: a centered third seat and a Bell & Ross wristwatch that stows in its own dashboard slot. The design won’t see production, but its internal-combustion/electric propulsion system will appear in the Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4 crossover.

Pininfarina Alfa Romeo 2uettottanta

Pininfarina Alfa Romeo 2uettottanta

Constructed to celebrate Pininfarina’s 80th anniversary and as a tribute to Alfa Romeo’s centennial, this choice roadster concept made its debut at Geneva. If the thought of pronouncing the name sends your tongue into convulsions, think “Duetto.” Memo to Fiat: If you’re serious about saving Alfa, build this car.

Porsche 918 Spyder

Porsche 918 Spyder

In an auto-show world awash with electric and hybrid concepts, Porsche’s 918 trumps them all with four driving modes and performance potential rivaling the spectacular Carrera GT’s. The heart of the matter is a 500-plus-hp, 3.4-liter V-8, augmented by a trio of electric motors. Production is confirmed for the Geneva showstopper. So is a very high sticker.

Renault Dezir

Renault Dezir

More proof that green and sexy are not mutually exclusive, this two-seater uses Nissan-Renault electric powertrain technology. The DeZir’s styling points the way for future Renault design, and the scissors doors—one rear-hinged, one front—attracted scads of eyeballs at the Paris show. Our favorite part? The pimp-daddy quilted white-leather interior, which was inspired by the idea of an “amorous encounter” and the “coming together of opposites.”

More at Car and Driver

10 Best Design Details

Old 03-07-2011, 07:11 AM

Video: You Only Dream of Driving Like This

Click
It's a SuperSuper Vid & I think anyone that loves racing will enjoy...
Check it out...Best `if U make it full screen & turn up the sounds...
Oh Buckle `UP ~> Post `if U like or not...I loved `it : )
This guy can `drift DRIVE & he smokes `it 4-Sure......~>EnJoy

BONUS:

See Also:

Last edited by Space; 03-11-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:58 PM

Went to the KC Auto Show. Didn't see anything like these. There wasn't even a 2012 ZL1
at that show! Very Disappointed! The did have some classic cars there although...

Old 03-08-2011, 04:42 AM

Hi `Mark, I can't wait 2 see the ZL1 on the road : ) & I also would love to be able to go to the Geneva Motor Show They sure have some wild rides from countries I didn't even know made cars : P

Old 03-08-2011, 05:46 AM

View full size
Associated Press fileAn auto show worker cleans the hood of a 2011 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 at the 2010 Chicago Auto Show in Chicago in February. General Motors Co. said Monday buyers who order a 2011 Corvette Z06 or ZR1 can help assemble their cars' high-performance engines at a facility outside Detroit.

DETROIT -- Corvette owners could soon be revving up an engine they built with their own hands.
General Motors Co. said Monday that buyers who order a 2011 Corvette Z06 or ZR1 can help assemble their cars' high-performance LS7 and LS9 engines. The automaker believes the program is the first of its kind in the industry.
The engines will be built at GM's Performance Build Center in Wixom, Mich., where GM assembles all of its high-performance engines by hand. The facility can assemble up to 15,000 engines per year, GM spokesman Tom Read said.
Read said it will take buyers about six hours to assemble, adjust and clean their engines with the parts provided. A skilled technician will supervise.
The 2011 Corvettes are just going into production and will go on sale soon. Read said the company expects to have customers building their own engines as soon as next month. GM sold 13,934 Corvettes last year, according to AutoData Corp.
GM suggests dealers charge $5,800 for the engine-building program, which doesn't include air transportation or lodging. But that's just a fraction of the cost of a Corvette Z06, which starts at around $75,000, or a ZR1, which is more than $100,000.
The engine-building program joins a list of special options available exclusively to Corvette owners. ZR1 buyers can attend free Corvette driving courses in Arizona or Nevada, for example. For a fee, Corvette buyers can also have their sports cars delivered to the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Ky., or watch their Corvettes be built at the Bowling Green assembly plant.
Read said the program shows the lengths GM will go to for its customers. The program could also help build positive buzz for the company, which is planning an initial public offering as early as October.
The U.S. Treasury Department has owned 61 percent of the automaker after a brief stay in bankruptcy protection last year.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow! What a fresh new idea that VW Golf R is! Never seen anything like that before. VW is the cutting edge of design

Quick Reply: Geneva Motor Show 2011 + more : )