Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Gas Prices Soaring : (

Old 09-13-2008, 06:15 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Gas Prices Soaring : (

[align=center]ToDay in Florida the `gas prices are soaring,[/align][align=center]and some stations are out of `gas,[/align][align=center]and others are charging $5+ a gal : ( [:@][/align][align=center]One reason is Hurricane `Ike, plus the cut backs of[/align][align=center]other country suppliers : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope it is only temporary 4-Sure.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]How is it where you are at ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope the people in Texas, and Gulf Statessurvive the damage of the Hurricane. They are in my prayers.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My g/f that is in nursing training is on her way now to[/align][align=center]the area to assist those that are injured.[/align][align=center]I miss her already [X(], but I am really/really proud of her.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Its also, going to be very sad `if I finally get my V8 SS,[/align][align=center]and not be able to afford, or buy `gas : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]So many things are happening in our World, and many[/align][align=center]are not good. I sure hope we get good/honest/competent leaders[/align][align=center]to resolve the many problems confronting them.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Don`t Break your Computer Screen[/align][align=center]Bang`in your HeadLOL[/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/9BE3BF0D77674EBB96820F55D3257F0D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-13-2008, 07:31 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
Default RE: Gas Prices Soaring : (

I'm sure it's temporary. I haven't paid any attention here in the Chicagoland area. I never fill up on the weekends anyway because they tend to jack up the prices here. I'm going on a Mini Cooper rally tomorrow and I have almost a full tank of gas. I have no worries. I'll have plenty of fuel for the rally and the beginning of the week. Hopefully the gas prices will have gone down by then. Space, tell your girlfriend to stay safe for me. She's doing a wonderful service to help the people down there. If it tracks right we will be getting the remenence (sp?) of Ike here on Sunday. We are already getting lots of rain, there is already flash flood warnings here and more rain to come. The rally is rain or shine but it will probably be more difficult with all the rain.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:42 AM

[:-]I find the below very Offensive [:-]
Supply & Demand
They have the supply, and we Demand `it : ( [:@]
But how much can a working man (person: ) pay ?
Some Stations I hear are supplying lubricant
Free with every fill `up
LOL ~ LOL
Oil `up, next time you need `gas

Old 09-13-2008, 07:49 AM

Thanks `Amy, for your post, and I will let my girlfriend
know about your words.
I envy you 4 - Sure, Good Luck @ the Rally.
I hope that the gas prices here in Florida & USA are only temporary. I just watched the news, and there are long lines
at several gas stations shown on TV with people
filling `up there cars and cans: (
WoW, I would love to drive your Mini in a Rally.
EnJoy the Race, and please post how it was...Oh, pic`s are
a big plus : )
Wish you and the reader of my words on the screen b-4 you
a Happy/Safe/Fun `day.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:50 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Thanks Space! My rally isn't a race but a gathering of about 60 Mini Coopers sponsored by my Mini dealership. We all go on a planned road trip and stop at various locations along the way like forest preserves or state parks and then back to the dealership for lunch. I don't know if they will shorten the trip because of the gas prices. Last year it was about 130 miles round trip. I will def take pics. I'm not going to bring my good camera because of the rain but my little Fuji Finepix Z5 takes pretty good pics!

Old 09-13-2008, 09:14 AM
rj
15 Year Member

This IS price gouging. No two ways about it.

The gas companies are taking advantage of the storms currently hitting the sothern U.S. and our government saying they're keeping an eye on it is like saying the fat baker isn't eating the donuts he's baking.

They're reporting gas is now at over $6/gal in TX.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:45 PM

Last i heard over in huston gas was at 6.25 a gal. but that was yeasterday so i am sur eit is worse now. also alot of the stations were out of gas. looking at tue-wed at the erliest before they can get some in there. and that is after they pump any water out of the tanks, and check them for cracks etc....

yeah the gov. watching our gas prices kind of like when they did it the last time. OH WE WILL MAKE THEM REPAY THOSE WHO WERE PRICE GOUDGED!! YEAH I CALL BULL SHIZA!!

Old 09-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Last I saw yesterday in the Detroit area, it was still around $4.50 per gallon. Not sure what it is today.
I've noticed that around here, when ever there is a crisis (like the hurricanes down south for example), the gas prices go up. Once the crisis is over, the gas prices don't go down. They stay there until the next crisis, then go up further.

I believe the oil/gas industry has to be one of the most corrupt, legal, industries in the world today. No other (legal) industry could possibly get away with everything like the oil industry. Case in point... When OPEC decides they aren't making enough profit, they cut production to drive up the price of oil.

Rained like crazy all day today BTW. We needed it though. Didn't rain the entire month of August!

Old 09-13-2008, 07:42 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I posted this the last time the gouged the price of gas.

Kuwait get's invaded again we Better be telling them, "Um, yeah. We cut production of our military. So look to your own army to get your ***** out this mess."

Old 09-13-2008, 09:47 PM

hey TAZ if this storm gose the way it is suposed to you might need a boat to go to work LOL

as for the gas and OPEC. is it just me or did anyone else notice that the charges they were having to deal with have pretty much been forggoten about. and now this comes along and they will get even more fatter.
BELIVE ME i love the new commercials out and hoep they keep on them for it.
the tag line is we are no longer asking we are demanding 100%clean energy in ten years..

I think it should be more like 5 years but that is me. I would love to see it happen. but the convertions to cars etc... are going to SUCK!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gas Prices Soaring : (