Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

G.E.D here i come...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Red face G.E.D here i come...

I am finially taking the plung everyone as many of you know i never finished highschool i made up my mind you i'd rather work than go to school and still did but school suffered bigtime and i just plain old got too old... so no longer could go...

for a while now there has been a standing agreement with Amy's(my g/f's) Dad when i take the test he will pay for it well i have been working on studding(i know i suck at spelling) for the tests and today we had dinner with her parents to night and he gave me some more insentive to do it...

he not only is going to pay for my test and any retest i need to take but he said today that every test i pass he will pay me $50 and when i get the deploma in the mail he will buy jack a $50 savings bond

he really wants me to do some kind of schooling becuase he see's and feels i am smarter than what i give myself credit for so if i enroll in a program thats a $500 savings bond for jack and if i compeate the course i sign up for he will buy jack a $1000 savings bond

in all honesty this is more than enought insentive i need to finially take the plung... it's truly the savings bonds for jack

I will be calling The community colledge that is down the road from us on thursday (becuase that is when they set up apointments) and the following week i will be taking my ged tests and it's time to seriously start looking into some schooling i may want to take....

Old 07-06-2010, 04:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Justin, That's a HUGE step for you. I know that. We will be SO proud of you here! I believe that is one of the best things you can do for yourself, short of going back to H.S., which as an adult is tough. The savings bonds are a good incentive, but I'm sure that now you are an adult, you can see just how valuable that diploma is.
Around here we have some alternative education programs for those not cutting it in school, and it works, some. North of us in Grand Rapids, G.R. Central H.S. has only a 35% graduation rate. Isn't that sad? You can understand that I'm sure.
After being unemployed twice in the last year, I realize how big of a mistake it was for me quitting college and not getting that B.S.E. So many good jobs won't even take your application without a college degree. The State is the same way. Doesn't matter what the degree is in, they just want to see that you stuck with that commitment, and you're not a quitter or a slacker. Not saying you are. I was lucky. I breezed thru H.S., but struggled BAD in college. I went to WMU for only 1 semester and quit.
We're glad and proud of you Justin.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats and good luck

Old 07-06-2010, 07:04 AM

...Hi `Justin,
Great to read that you are going to work on getting your G.E.D.
I believe education is a great investment with great returns.
Giving up to get is never easy, but the rewards are sure worth the efforts. We wish you Good Luck 4-Sure. Keep us updated.

The world wide net should be a big help, especially
all the search engines.
Just type in G.E.D. and view all the information, and
resources.
SuperGood Luck to `you.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:07 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Way to go Justin!

Old 07-06-2010, 08:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I'm glad you'll be able to help yourself, and your son at the same time

Congratulations

Old 07-06-2010, 09:25 AM

Good for you Justin. You are definitely smarter then you give yourself credit for. You and Jack will benefit greatly from this and I hope it opens some doors for you. Having an education is just another tool to open doors and opportunities.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good For You!!! Congrats!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

i'll be verry honest i am extreemly afraid of failing and letting people down that has been a huge hang up for me for years especially when i work my butt off and just struggle my way throught the hole time. and i get discouraged easily school, my ged and everything has always been a struggle for me in hs i was in school within a school which i was in a classroom for my first four hours doing math,ss,science, english and some electives and was on work release the rest of the the day that was 9th & 10th and made it throught that becuase i could get the 1 on 1 i needed and could take as much time i needed o and no homework, 11th and 12th i was alp a alternative program and i just had too much freedom

Old 07-06-2010, 10:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Well you always know you can come to us for help also

You have a huge support system now!

Quick Reply: G.E.D here i come...