Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

FYI: 2010 Mustang GT Report

Old 05-12-2009, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool FYI: 2010 Mustang GT Report

Hi Member's,
Below report is from Road & Track
I love cars & even the Mustang GT, but I prefer the new Camaro. Please don't post hate on the MCF `ok
The below GT V8 has 315 HP compared to the Camaro's V-6 that has about the same : )
I still love the sounds of a V8, and I've heard many Mustangs that sound super awesome. Posting for member's to know the competition, and also to keep up with what Ford is producing for our highways. "Auto Knowledge is Power"
0-60 MPH in 5.3 Sec
1/4 mile in 13.8 Sec @ 104 MPH......Be a good race against a V8 SS : )
4-Sure

MAY 12, 2009
Road Test: 2010 Ford Mustang GT

The 2010 Mustang delivers considerable improvement in fit, finish and interior build quality.

By Shaun Bailey Photos by Marc Urbano
April 2009

Up Next:

2010 Ford Mustang V-6

GO >>

Downloads:

More Mustangs

Photos: 2010 Ford Mustang GT >>
Video: 2010 Ford Mustang GT >>
We must give credit where credit is due. Ford is fully responsible for giving life back to the pony car. The 2005 retro recreation of a modern Mustang paved the way, much to Ford's chagrin, for the Dodge Challenger and Chevrolet Camaro. Were it not for these two, Ford easily could have sat on its laurels and done nothing to improve the 2010 model. But, competition is an American tradition — and Ford has stepped up to the plate to build the best Mustang yet.
Slideshow >>

Four years ago, Mustang hit the proverbial nail on the head with its heritage-inspired style. The 2010 model doesn't move away from that, but rather enhances it. Every panel of the car, save the roof, has been reworked, but most won't spot it easily unless it's next to an old car or the taillights' new sequential turn signals catch their eye. Run your hands over the exterior and many detail differences can be found. The gas flap is flush to the body, the antenna is a stubby unit on the right-rear quarter panel and the hood has a brawny power bulge that no longer sports pimply windshield squirters. (Instead, these are mounted underhood.) The front bumper is slightly higher, resulting in a determined headlight look that seems to say "don't mess with me."
The Mustang's exterior has been cleaned up, shaved off or honed like a hot-rodder would do, not the factory. But it wasn't just for looks. Some of that work has gone into aerodynamic improvements that help in a 7-percent efficiency gain over the previous GT, even though the drivetrain hasn't changed much. Our test car is a manual GT equipped with the Track Pack option. Not your average GT, but still a socially acceptable muscle car with 315 rumbly horsepower. It looks the part with 19-in. wheels, wide tires and dark chrome trim.
Slideshow >>

Ford did research before messing with success, and found what topped customers' wish lists was a higher-quality interior. One that was as stylish as that in a '67, but built with modern soft-touch materials. They got it and many other improvements, such as the Microsoft Sync system that is a popular option in Fords these days. It offers voice recognition, Bluetooth connectivity, iPod controls and numerous other features that are best covered by the thick glovebox manual.
I've spent nearly a week around 2010 Mustangs, and I really appreciate the new car's interior. Sure, it's not a luxury car, but the Premium package interior impresses. The optional interior lighting package includes illuminated doorsills that say Mustang; a classy touch. MyColor (which allows you to change the hue of the instruments and ambient lighting) is still an option, but works better than before, thanks to the revised gauge cluster. A lot of money has gone into the instrument panel. The easy way to see the quality is to look at the chrome rings that surround everything and inspect how tight a fit they have. Also feel the dash, and note that it's one big soft piece. There is a minimal amount of hard plastic, and that alone is a huge improvement.
Continue Reading >>
Related Links:

Last edited by Space; 05-12-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think the updated design is a refreshing look. Yes it won't be as powerful as the other 2 (camaro and challenger) but wasn't that always how Mustang's worked? Until there is a shelby or special edition mustang, it's not going to come close speed wise.

They did improve upon the look though, and that alone will sell enough die-hard mustang fans.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I think it's awesome!

Old 05-12-2009, 12:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I saw one the other day at a dealership. I'm not really crazy about the redesigned rear. It looks like its smiling at you.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:12 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by JJsRYD
I saw one the other day at a dealership. I'm not really crazy about the redesigned rear. It looks like its smiling at you.
That's so you don't feel bad about ditching it in your rear-view mirror

Old 05-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Photobucket

There are about a dozen or so at the local Ford dealer. All sitting around a BRAND NEW, 2008 Shelby GT 500 convertible. Which is insane!

Old 05-12-2009, 12:18 PM

15 Year Member

pics or it didn't happen :P

Old 05-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Photobucket

I could... I'll see what I can do.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JJsRYD

lol `J.J., I thought 4 Sure that U would like a smiling rear
lol ~ LOL
That's a real kick in the butt

Old 05-12-2009, 12:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace

lol `J.J., I thought 4 Sure that U would like a smiling rear
lol ~ LOL
That's a real kick in the butt

I do, but it depends who's rear is smiling.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FYI: 2010 Mustang GT Report