Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Funny Business!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Default Funny Business!!!

Here's the story...about a week and a half ago, i became the proud owner of a 2002 chevy monte carlo ss! hold the applause...i'm good friends with a guy at a car lot(i used to be a recording artist of his) and i knew i could count on him to help me find a car...as it stands i already have a vehicle...a 2002 chevy blazer...well off top before i even looked at any cars on the lot, he asked me what i wanted, i replied, something affordable that matches my personality. he chimes in, i've got a 02 monte carlo ss that i just bought an hour ago that hasn't even made it to the lot yet. immediately i reply, that's me! we head into the office and start on the paperwork(keep in mind i haven't even seen the car yet) and when i'm done, he says he'll get back with me as soon as he gets a reply from the lender. later that day, i get the call, all is good, come pick up the car. after a little running around and everything, i finally sit in my car for the first time and i love it. leather, heated seats, moonroof, SS, foglights, CD with premium sound, onstar...perfect. i drive it home agreeing with the terms, and everything is done....a week later i call him up just to say what's up and inquire about a situation with music and he drops a bomb on me. the lender says that if i don't get my blazer out of my name then i'm gonna have to bring my car back! what the ****?! i'm wondering to myself, how can i sign a contract and drive off for almost a week and they hit me with something like that?! well currently my blazer has a co-signer which happens to be my girlfriend, she doesn't drive it, my mom does though, and my mom pays the notes. between my and my girlfriend there's plenty of income for 2 vehicles by bank standards, so i'm still like what's goin on? my mom decided to try and get it financed in her name but no one from his side seems to even be reaching out to her to settle the situation or get the financing done like they should be. i asked if i got a co-signer for my monte would that clear it all up, and the response was no.

why would the lender have an issue with that if i had a co-signer with ample income? why would the only option be to re-finance my first vehicle? i think somebody's tryin to drum up more business for themselves! the whole thing sounds weird to me, and it's been almost another week and i haven't heard anything else about the situation....go figure...friends or not, salesman are shady!

Old 10-23-2006, 04:20 AM
Default RE: Funny Business!!!

Unfortunately, that is the nature of the beast.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:45 PM

and what a beast it is! I got a phone call sunday from the shady guy who sold me my 02 monte and it wasn't pleasant. I was instructed to return my monte on monday. Before i did i checked a couple others out, but, nothing. I turned in the car and keys, waved bye to my dream car and left the lot. the *** who sold me my car was nowhere to be found, i might be seekin legal action. i got a copy of the agreement and my down payment back and that was that. i just got three weeks free in an SS that was very nice, cancelled my onstar and and felt blessed to even have had it at all. free ride!!! but i will no longer be a member of the forum, sorry to say. maybe they have a forum for Chevy Blazer owners, lol. but my car club will still be a reality. come check it out at Rydahclub.com, holla!

Old 11-08-2006, 07:05 AM

The salesperson messed up and you turned back a perfectly fine vehicle. At this point I think you're SOL with the car.

When you signed and they accepted the contract with financing then it was your car to the financing terms and they were legaly bound to uphold that contract. If they didn't run your credit properly or screwed something up then it's their own fault and would have had to accept payments from you according to the terms listed.

If it was a true financing problem your first step should have been to contact the bank that they finance from to verify it was true. It really sounds like the car was sold at a lowball price or they were offered more by someone else and suckered you into giving the car back.

I don't beleive you have any legal action at this time since you already returned the car.