Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Fun Thread: What age would you like to be ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 03:47 PM

I'd like to be 19.Right now at 17,school drags(junior) and i just want to start my life outta school and working with cars

Old 11-30-2011, 06:28 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

There was a good movie about this once... this is about the novel, but it's the same thing

Something Wicked This Way Comes (novel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically, it is about children who want to be older and an old man who wishes to be younger, and tehy all have to come to temrs with the consequecnes of their dreams nad realize they msut live their lives not wishing for the future or the past.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

I'd like to go back and be 21 again. Times were good then. Had a great job. Making big bucks. Yeah I'd do that in a min

Old 11-30-2011, 07:48 PM

I'd like to be 34 1/2.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:55 PM

im 18 now and like it. i enjoy working 2 jobs and working on my monte! and driving my monte or takin the harley out for a ride around the lakes on my days off..

Old 11-30-2011, 08:29 PM

Gimme 7 more months and then I'll just stay the age I am (July is 21st birthday) lol

Old 11-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Zen

I'd like to be 21 again.Was a lot of good times when I was 21 right before I got out the Marine Corps.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:18 PM

It all depends. If I could go back knowing what I know now I would choose fifteen. It is the age when I had my lifes plan all set up. I had goals and knew what I wanted to do with my life. With the knowledge I have now I would have been able to follow the plan thru and my father would not have ruined those plans. If I can't go back with the knowledge then I will stay where I'm at. I don't want to repeat much of that hell again.

I had plans of a law degree and being a politician. I wanted to be a senator or congressman.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:21 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Some pepole can just be hurtful without even realizing it. I realized I was becoming that way and I really have realized I need to make more conscience efforts not to be that way towards the students I will one day teach. Sad to think that one person can stop something like that, Gregg....

Of course, it isn't too late. You could possibly start out with the Florida state legislature? Maybe go straight for Congress next year?

Now let me contradict what I just said....

Although this is a great thread, it really reminds me of wehn I was in high school English class and we watched the movie "Something Wicked This Way Comes." The idea being, if you could be a child, and magically become an adult, your thoughts would still be child thoughts. You would become isolated and have no where to go except back to the carnival and be one of the "freaks" in the group. Likewise, if you're older and wish to be a child again, your thoughts would be those of an older adult, yet in a childs body, and it would cause you to be so isolated from everyone that you would have no one to turn to and be looked on as a freak.

I've got things I would change, and when I dream of going back and fixing things in high school, fixing things I've even done wrong in college, I think back to that. Lots of times I said something to a person I shouldn't have said. Lots of times I should have said something and didn't. I've done a lot of wrong things, and there were times I had the opportunity to do the right thing and didn't. I realize that although it may be nice to go back and redo things, it isn't the way things were meant to be. We all had to be young and dumb at some point in time. We all have to be old, wise, and have a lot of, "If I could have just done this...." when we're older too apparently.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 12-01-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:23 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks EveryOne for your words/thoughts & reasons. I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts. I also hope that you've enjoyed

I'm always saying~> Would've, Should've, Could've & What `if ?

"Age really is just a State of Mind" isn't it LOL
Thanks again

p.s. Thanks `Duane for posting your novel link...I will put it on my reading list...Sounds like a interesting read.

Last edited by Space; 12-01-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Fun Thread: What age would you like to be ?