Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, March 8th 2013

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 06:45 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looking at possibly getting BF Goodrich G-Force tires for the Monte's summer time rims. Debating on the SuperSport A/S or the KDW. I like the aggressive tread pattern of the KDW. But I've read reviews that it's not so good on wet pavement. During or after it rains. And also read they're kind of loud with a lot of road noise, and not very forgiving of rough roads for ride comfort. Which is a problem. Because Windsor's roads are the worst. One step above driving on dirt roads.

But it is kind of disappointing to go back to another all season tire.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all. I am off work today so I am gonna go back to bed after the school runs.

We bought my daughter a new car yesterday. A 94 Grand Am GT. It needs a little work but nothing too serious. The front end is a little tweeked and it need a new hood and a tune up but the motor and transmission are sound. I had to jump on it tho because everything in the 1000 dollar price range sells within a few hours around here lately.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Lou, hopefully it works out. It sucks when you have to jump on a sale quickly like that. Not much chance to get a deal, or really check the car over and see if there's hidden problems.

It's kind of like that around here with houses. In a certain price range, houses sell in a matter of a few days of going on the market.

Good luck with the Grand Am. You should be able to get a hood for that no problem.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!

Its Fridaaaaaaaaay!
Can anyone guess whats going on this weekend in Michigan?

The North American HotRod show is at Cobo Hall! Whos going? Raise your hand! I have had my MonteCarlo in this Show in 1999. (Ive got some Pictures somewhere)

Looks like its going to be a decent day here also...sunny and in the 40's.
Just rolled out of bed...Time for some coffee and a shower.

Have a Great Day EV1!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 03-08-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all

Old 03-08-2013, 08:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning everyone!

Snow still hammering the New England states! That system will be moving off to the east later today and after that looks like some pretty warms temps move in.
Also a lot of scattered rain for the southwestern states of Arizona and surrounding states.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:26 AM

Happy Friday to All!

On the '98 LS with 3.1...
"Service Engine Soon" came on again. Just got gas. Double checked Gas cap - light still on.
Last time it was the EGR Valve port plugged up... May need cleaned again?
Wondering if I need a new Gas Cap? Looks like seals may be cracked in the cap...

Any tips?

Thanks,
Mark.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Good Morning EV1!

Its Fridaaaaaaaaay!
Can anyone guess whats going on this weekend in Michigan?

The North American HotRod show is at Cobo Hall! Whos going? Raise your hand! I have had my MonteCarlo in this Show in 1999. (Ive got some Pictures somewhere)

Looks like its going to be a decent day here also...sunny and in the 40's.
Just rolled out of bed...Time for some coffee and a shower.

Have a Great Day EV1!
Have fun today Dave!
Originally Posted by MarkIV396
Happy Friday to All!

On the '98 LS with 3.1...
"Service Engine Soon" came on again. Just got gas. Double checked Gas cap - light still on.
Last time it was the EGR Valve port plugged up... May need cleaned again?
Wondering if I need a new Gas Cap? Looks like seals may be cracked in the cap...

Any tips?

Thanks,
Mark.
I would go with the gas cap first. Besides, it's cheap and easier to do. I had to replace mine once already.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Default '98 Monte Carlo LS 3.1...

Thanks Taz. I have had that problem with the gas cap before. I think I will buy a new one -- as that is the original... Seemed funny - as I just filled the tank!

Old 03-08-2013, 09:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Hi Every 1. Its a rain day here in the valley today. Strong Thunderstorms this afternoon. I've been coming out here since 1976. And never been in a Thunderstorm out here I'm scared . Morning Taz. Bet you could find a house in the Big D across the river & cheap Hey all up guys getting all that ****. Just think DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME starts Saturday night . Means more SUN and daylight longer . ABOUT TIME HUH ?. Not sure whats going on here today. With all that rain coming in soon. The resort will be quiet today thats for sure. DAVE I used to go to COBO Hall everyyear for that Hot Rod show. Then off to Greek town at night. Great times back then! Ok off to get more coffee

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, March 8th 2013