Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, March 30th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 05:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

450 million so far and expecting to rise more today. Getting me $5 worth, already have my number sheet picked out. Thought I would pick my own for a change. TGIF. Storming here but radar looks like it is moving out. Have a great day and dream of hitting the lottery.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:28 AM
Smile

by request I share
------------------
Below words/thoughts has helped me reduce unnecessary stress in my life by reminding me to keep things simple and within a reasonable perspective.
What do you `do ?
The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.

1. Everything I do is by choice. There is always another option.
  2. I will strive to be the best I can be, but I will never try to be someone I’m not. I am who I am (?) lol
  3. I must keep dreaming. Wanting what I don’t think I can have is the first step to making my dreams a reality.
  4. I won’t use where I've been to justify where I am. I will use where I am to jump-start where I’m going.
  5. Right now is the only guaranteed moment in my life. I will make the best of it.
  6. Think big. Start small. One step @ a time.
  7. I will prioritize my obligations and do the important things first.
  8. I will not try to please everyone. I will simply do what I know is right & have to `do.
  9. The more productive I am, the luckier I will become.
  10. There is nobody else exactly like me, with my exact abilities, talents and ideas. 4-Sure.
  11. I’m not supposed to have all the answers. I don't.
  12. Laughing, crying, joy and anger – all are vital, all make me human or like human
  13. I can’t change who I am. I can only change what I know and how I apply this knowledge.
  14. I will slow down and enjoy my life & help others in need.
  15. I will focus more on less. I will get rid of stuff I do not use and find someone in need.
  16. I will not try to read other people’s minds. I will not make other people try to read mine. I will communicate effectively or the best that I can.
  17. I can help myself by helping those around me.
  18. I will take ownership of my actions so my actions never own me.
  19. Every person has a unique definition of success. To me, success means living good & not hurting self/others.
  20. I will never make decisions in a state of emotional haste. I do my best.
  21. If I want to remember it, I will write it down in a trusted location & re-read.
  22. I will do something today that makes me happy. Like
  23. visit the MCF.
  24. Everyone doesn't have to like me and I don’t have to like everyone. Some people purposely hurt...I don't like them, and some have hidden agenda's to harm or deceive...I must stay alert & aware.
  25. The one with nothing to hide is always the one left standing tall. `amen
  26. My habits define my life. Good Habit = Good Life, Bad Habits' = Bad Life
  27. I will say no when I should.
  28. I will stand firm by my values without senselessly promoting them.
  29. We are all weird in our own way. This makes life beautiful. Mine is really weird LOL
  30. Everyone has a story. There’s a reason why people are the way they are. I will appreciate them just the way they are.
  31. I cannot make someone love me. I can only be someone who can be loved & I shall return.
  32. The biggest mistake I can make is doing nothing because I’m scared to make a mistake. I made them 4-sure.
  33. Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
  34. What other people think of me isn't that important as what I think of myself.
  35. If I want to believe in myself more I will start doubting others less. Because where I most easily doubt others is where I most easily doubt myself.
  36. I will ask questions if I’m not sure. I do ask a lot of questions, but it's the only way I know how to find out.
  37. I will let go of things I can’t change and instead concentrate on things I can.
  38. There are extraordinary things going on in my life. I have a lot to be thankful for ~> 4-Sure
  39. Today is a new beginning – a chance for me to do something special, extraordinary like this post. No matter how small, I will celebrate my successes today.
  40. I will thank people who have helped me and I will return the favor as soon as I am able.
  41. There are ideas, products and cultures I do not yet understand. I will keep an open mind & continue to learn.
  42. The most important things in my life are my health, my beachbum family, my friends, and my life education. Everything else is secondary.
  43. There are thousands of little things that just aren't worth fighting for – I will let them go. I will choose my battles wisely.
  44. I will stay out of other people’s drama and not needlessly create my own. Hard 2 do sometimes for me.
  45. I will always be honest with myself and others.
  46. Every mistake I make is progress. I must learn from my mistakes and the mistakes of others.
  47. I will treat everyone with the same level of respect I would give to my grandfather(my mentor) and the same level of patience I would have with a young child.
  48. Nothing is permanent. However good or bad a situation is now, it will change.
  49. Life is short and people are not perfect. I will forgive myself. I will forgive others.
  50. Missing a once-in-a-lifetime chance leads to regret, or creativity. Because what can’t be redone can still be outdone.
  51. No matter how it turns out, it always ends up just the way it should be. Either I succeed or I learn something. Win-Win.
  52. I will not waste my time on jealously. I’m in competition with one person and one person only – myself. I’m competing to be the best that I can be on my journey of life..
  53. The `End of a new Begining....Your turn EnJoy
================================================== ==============

Peace/Happiness to `You
from

Last edited by Space; 03-30-2012 at 07:06 AM. Reason: "Be Happy 2 `be 4-Sure"
Old 03-30-2012, 06:27 AM

Mornin guys. Home from work. Volunteered for a 12 hour shift tonight. I may be able to swing getting the Camaro painted at the end of April if my math is correct. Mid May at the latest. I'm looking forward to it. I've had the car over a year now, she needs paint.

Hope y'all have a good one. I'm gonna hang around till 8 and then head for the county clerk to renew the tags on the truck since I passed emissions last week. No more of that ugly temporary tag and back to the much more appropriate Emergency tag that I have sitting in there waiting to go back on.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good mornin' all. TGIF! 'Space - There's nothing like a good mental floss first thing in the morning.

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates

Old 03-30-2012, 06:52 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Morning Everyone

Old 03-30-2012, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Good mornin' all. TGIF! 'Space - There's nothing like a good mental floss first thing in the morning.

“The unexamined life is not worth living” – Socrates

Good Morning `Mike,
Yes, my mind constantly needs fed & cleaned out from everything that enters it LOL
I appreciate the words & wisdom of - Socrates, you & member's....I continue to learn from so many in my life everyday.
Wish you and member's a Super Friday & WeekEnd

Good Luck to EveryOne play'in the Lotto...You're `off to a good start `if you are reading this (?) What , you've just won another day of life & how can you put a price on `Life ?
~> EnJoy your New Day 4-Sure p.s. Be Safe Out there

p.s. Good Morn'in Mike(JG)...Thanks 4 start'in our day & I hope you are having a super
time in the SunShine...~> EnJoy 4-Sure!
p.s.s. Sarge `Drew, good luck in life & in getting the paint job 4-Sure.

Last edited by Space; 03-30-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well it's here Monte Friends it is Friday!!!! Hoping everyone has a great week-end. weather is kind of crummy here in Lansing area but I am working from home, have a good cup of coffee and a great monte in the garage (In peices) and one in the drive what more could a dude ask for?

Have a great week-end!

Old 03-30-2012, 07:26 AM

Morning. Great words as usual, Space.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:53 AM

Off to the county clerk I go. I'll be back with my Emergency tags back on the truck at last.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by KJRich
Morning. Great words as usual, Space.
Good Morning `Kerry,
I hope/pray that your mind is accepting the reality of your
great loss & that you can stay strong for yourself & those important in your life...We wish you the very best.
It's always a sad event to lose, but we all must accept, endure & continue on our journey's of life until it's end.
I wish you the strength to endure & accept...
Take good care of yourself, so that you can care for those you love. `Amen
Sincerely`Space

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, March 30th 2012