Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, March 29th 2013

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 08:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Gooood morning the weather is looking good today! supposed to be in the mid 50's here all weekend. Time to enjoy driving with the windows down, music blasting! (and probably the start of my car tan.... )

I can feel the allergies coming already... D:

Old 03-29-2013, 08:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Morning all!

Well back to work

Old 03-29-2013, 08:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Good morning everyone.

Saw Jim Breuer last night, it was awesome. Got to meet him and get a pic/autograph.

Packing today for New Hampshire for the Reptile expo.

Hope everyone has a great day

Old 03-29-2013, 08:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy Friday!!!

I hope everyone has a good day, great weekend, and Happy Easter.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all, clear and 47 currently. Shame i'll be inside working in sub zero temperatures

Old 03-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Good morning everyone. It's Friday, I'm home, and have the day off!

Other than me seeming to have the "hard time" bug yesterday, travel went smooth.

So first, I get to the airport in Hermosillo bright and early, get to check-in and only my first of two legs prints out, so I have to acquire my boarding pass to Detroit in Monterrey. So, alright great. I go through security and all and sit down at the gate. Our other two guys I was traveling with come and sit down 15 minutes later with both of their boarding passes in hand. I then walk back out to check-in and ask if I can get my other boarding pass. The lady looks and, sure enough, prints it out and hands it to me. So I now have both passes in hand, go through security a second time and back to the gate.

We then arrive in Monterrey (Mexico), make our way into the airport and through connecting flight security. We walk up to our flight's gate and the other two guys check-in. I then go to check-in but come find out my immigration ticket didn't get stamped well enough in Mexico City, on the trip down, so the entry stamp didn't show any sign of the airplane in the bottom corner. That said, I can't prove how I arrived in the country in the first place. I still had my boarding passes from the flights down and the stamp in my passport that is clearly stamped, however am told I still have to go to immigration and have them sign off and re-stamp my pass. So, I go downstairs and have to ask like three people where immigration is before I actually found it. That takes no more than 1 minute. I then I go and pass through security a FOURTH time now and back to the gate within 10 minutes of boarding.

Boarding starts. I'm 5A in zone 1, so the very front of the plane. I get in line and, lucky me, am picked out of everyone to do the random 5 minute long security check, thus am one of the last to board. This flight is on a CRJ-900 so it's a smaller plane. I have to find a spot in the smallish overhead bins to cram one of two of my carry-on bags. Luckily the bulkhead seats on these planes don't have a hard divider so I could put my second bag on the floor in front of me. I did have 4 feet of legroom in front of me and nobody in the seat next to me, so that basically made up for all my troubles.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent and, if you read through all that, thank you.

For today I think I'm going to try to locate a donor pair of OEM headlights for my headlight project and possibly start that. Also may take the Monte out of storage today or sometime this weekend. We'll see how I feel. Needs an immediate tire rotation and an alignment relatively soon. I'll probably try a test fit of the new headlights, before I start working on them, just to get an idea of how they fit/look on the car.

Hope everyone has a nice Friday.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all
I think I might have a buyer for the Trans Am Kinda sux I have to sell it

Old 03-29-2013, 09:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good FRIDAY Morning: it's Sunny and cool this morning here. Temps around 90 today . So that means between 2 & 5 pm the A/C might have to be turned on . MATT: Ever see any Monte's down in Old Mexico ??. Going to put a automatic door closer on the screened in porch today. Were so use to just walking out and having the door close behind you. But it doesn't and Ozzie gets out and wanders around . He's a lady lover. He runs up to them and just sits there looking up at them. MEN Now thats another story!! he doesn't care for them right off. Takes a few mins for him to adjust! . So this will slove the problem. I hope . Ok shower & a couple of cups of coffee and I should be able to get going this morning See ya all later.........

Old 03-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
MATT: Ever see any Monte's down in Old Mexico ??
Actually yes, a few 5th Gens and one 6th Gen that I can remember.

So, I've called around to a few salvage yards already with no luck on the headlights. Almost got lucky with my go-to place. They have an 06 Impala in the yard but it only has one headlight. Dammit.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:53 AM

Hello `Mel, `Jen, `Devin, David,`Justin (Bud),`Matt,
`Keane, `Rick, Mod `Michael, `Chris & Member's,

Thanks 4 checking in with your Monte Carlo Family
(Zen) `Chris, sorry U have 2 sell & I hope that U will find another one in your future!!
**Thanks `Devin 4 the warming weather + your report/post
*** Hi `Rick, everyone needs doors that close themselves..(Don't get closed `out) LOL
****`Matt, thanks 4 the short story Good Luck
with your lights
*** `Jen, Keane & Rick, Great MOTM contest...You all are
winner's 2 me
Wish EveryOne a Super Day & a Happy/Safe Easter
======================================
Happy Birthday to Member GiggleGas
`Steven, we wish you a
Super-Super Birthday in St Louis, Mo
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="6" width="100%" align="center"><tbody id="collapseobj_forumhome_birthdays"><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1" width="100%"><!--rlm-->GiggleGas< Happy/Happy 2 U

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited by Space; 03-29-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, March 29th 2013