Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, June 22, 2012 < Click & Post

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 06:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good mornin' all & TGIF!

Old 06-22-2012, 07:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Monte Members!

For those going to the GM Nats.. Have fun, drive safe and bring us pictures!

Working from home today have to run a test on changes I did to our electronic order system, but other than that should be a slow day.

Hope to polish and wax the Deuce today. I thought I would have to clay bar her but she seams not to need it as her paint feels smooth. I washed her and supper detailed the inside and engine bay. Will get to the under carrage this week-end (I keep putting that job off for some reason)

You all have a Super Sport Friday!

Old 06-22-2012, 07:05 AM

Mornin guys. Home from work. Word going around the plant is that I was one of 13 (out of 35 who applied) who passed the Team Leader test. Supervisor said that it's most likely true since I didn't get a letter saying I failed. Hopefully I find out for sure tonight.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:27 AM

Good Morning Everyone,
- `Keane, it's great that you finished your test in a short time & you feel good about it...+ you had a light load last night..
==========================================
- Rick, good that things worked out & that `Ron made it to your home & that you were able to go for a cruise. You guys will have to make future plans...EnJoy your day & WeekEnd
===========================================
- `Devin, wish you & member's a safe/fun trip to the Nationals...Pic's/Pic's PLEASE
==========================
- LOL `Tadd, you are going 2 polish the paint `off your Deuce (LOL)...It's good you are working from home today & I wish you a Super Time on your adventures to the Nationals...
=====================================
Hi `Jerry, WoW ~> Only one beer on your B-Day..Wish you many more years & many more cold ones
Have a Super Fun Time & safe trip this weekend
====================================
`Tyler, I hope that U can resolve your trans prob...Let us know if any member can help ? EnJoy your WeekEnd
=========================================
Lou Green, yes I think my crystal ball tells the truth..."Your day will come & you will have everything", but you already have a SuperSuper Monte Good Luck & EnJoy your weekend.
==========================================
LoL `Chris, U did not stay `up all night & wait for the next post on the Blog (LOL) Wish U a fun weekend
======================================
Good Morning Seattle `Mike, thanks for checking in + all your super contributions to the MCF...EnJoy your weekend
=========================================

Mike, great pic's of your rides in a safe area...Looks like a great complex Wish you a great time at the Nationals.
EnJoy
Hi `Mitch, driving a fork lift can be a BLAST...Great to read that you got some time behind the wheel.
Be careful going around corner's @ HIGH SPEEDS (LOL) Thanks 4 checking `in..
EnJoy your WeekEnd !!
-------------------------------
Hi Sarge `Drew, Super Good Luck on getting the team leader position....Looks good
Wish you & Member's a Super Day & Weekend...
EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 06-22-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:27 AM

Thanks for the well wishes Space. If I get it, I may look at getting either the Dale Jr Monte or the Intimidator for sale in the area. I'd prefer the Dale Jr since I used to have one and still wish I'd never had to sell it (and the fact that I'm a die hard member of Junior Nation). If I was a few years older I'm sure I would have been a big fan of Dale Sr., but I was just getting into NASCAR when he died.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:40 AM

You're Welcomed `Drew,
"Dream `it - Plan `it - Act `it", If first you don't succeed & life knocks you down , get back `up & keep working on your dreams...They really do come `true if you don't give `up on them...4-$ure...

Sometimes, I think you have to ask yourself; How much are you willing to give `up to get what you dream about ?
For me it seems nothing good in this life is E.Z. 4-Sure
Wish you & member's Good Luck on making all your dreams come `true

Last edited by Space; 06-22-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:52 AM

It's like a bunch of the guys said the other night (including my current team leader); if I don't get it this time at least they'll know who I am and will probably give me better chance the next time something comes up. When I started here as a temporary, all I had asked for (I was unemployed for 2 years after Active Duty to that point) was a shot to prove myself. I got that shot, got hired on full time, and the people that work with me have realized what I'm capable of. I got encouragement from my entire chain of command (not sure what you'd call that on the civilian side) to put in for team leader. They've also made me an integral part of adjusting the ODS's for each job on our lines (basically instructions on how each task is to be done). The shift superintendent for my shift even made a comment about how he appreciates the inititiative on my part to make suggestions and my line supervisor came to me later on to inform me that one of the lead quality guys wanted to get with me to make the suggestions a reality. HR has the final say on who gets team lead, but I know my supervisor wants me as one of his team leads on our line and the shift superintendent wants me as a team leader wherever he can get me (even if it is on truck line). They've given me opportunities to prove myself in team leader type roles and feel I am ready to hold one of those positions. Like I said to start off with though; all I wanted was a shot. I knew with my experience from leadership roles in the military that if I was given half a shot, I could prove myself. I'm extremely lucky to work for a corporation that values military experience and goes out of their way to show their appreciation for those who have served in the past and those who currently serve in a Reserve status.

So after that long winded post I'm gonna get some sleep so that I'm ready for work again tonight. Y'all have a good one.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Morning every one.. haviong trouble keeping my eye's open this morning...but taking as amny antihistamines as i do that will happen... time to go walk around the some....

Old 06-22-2012, 09:02 AM

`Drew, wish you a good rest & recharge...Catch U online
Hi `Justin, I'm having a difficult time keeping my eyes opened also Even with having to many cups of Space Coffee.. Wish U a wide awake day & yes trying to keep active will help 4-Sure...Good Luck

p.s. It's great to see that you & your Monte were nominated & supported in our MOTM thread Good Luck
I think it's a honor, just to be nominated 4-Sure...

Old 06-22-2012, 09:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Morning. Had a rough time sleeping last night. Something kept waking me up. Not sure what it was. Just rolled out of bed 30 mins ago. I'll be back on after my wake up shower and a POT of coffee. Justin I hope you feel better in a short while. Hot shower & a cup of coffee or even a Mountain Dew might do the trick

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, June 22, 2012 < Click & Post