Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, June 15, 2012 < Check In <

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 08:17 AM

Good Morning All,

Pretty warm already on my ride to work. Gonna be hot this afternoon.

Should be a good day. My company is one of the sponsors of the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team visit to Huntsville (Link: WOUNDED WARRIOR AMPUTEE SOFTBALL TEAM). I get to have lunch with the team (along with hundreds of others) at the Von Braun Center downtown. The softball tournament starts late this afternoon. There will be an F-16 flyover at the field at the conclusion of the National Anthem just before the first game at 5pm. Cool! My daughter and her boyfriend are coming to town for the weekend. My wife is packing picnic supplies and bringing everyone to join me at the game. Should be a good time.

Happy Friday!

Old 06-15-2012, 08:26 AM

TGIF everyone!!! It is the last day of work for me today. Kids went home yesterday and I am looking forward to some quiet time!!! Have a great Friday.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:29 AM

Good morning everyone! And a very Happy Birthday Dave!

Thought today was going to be TGIF, but I have a terrible habit of always coming up with something unplanned for the day! Well, Monday we were a salvage yard to look for parts for the '87, and there was an '01 SS with a beautiful tan leather seats I always wanted for the '03. The drivers seat was not in great shape, so I used that for an excuse to talk myself out of getting them, since I want to finish one car before I jump to the next. Well, it been nagging me and when I looked on Ebay, I could not believe the prices...for non-leather! So, back on the road again! Can't beat $75.00 for all! I just hope they're still there!
Tonight we'll be camping in the backyard with the boys...our new Friday night family thing. Looking forward to making (well, I should say EATING) my famous "Callie Burgers" on the grill....mmmmm....
We hope everyone has a wonderful Friday, and a wonderful time at the meet this weekend!!!!

Old 06-15-2012, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning `Lou (Taz),
I hope your busy day slows down & that you can enjoy some time `off. It's been busy this morning on the MCF
A bad person tried to become a member, but was blown `up b-4 he could cause any damage Look 4ward to your return..
============================================
Hi Dave, it sounds like a great event for those that have served & were wounded. It's always great that you will be able to share the occasion with your family...EnJoy
========================================
Hi Teacher `Todd,
I've really missed seeing you online & I now hope we see more of you since you will be on summer break Wish you a relaxing/fun summer 4-Sure
===========================
Hi Rowena, thanks for checking in & I hope it's still there also...Good Luck..
Sounds like a great family event camping out 2gether...
EnJoy your weekend with family...Happy Father's Day to `Bill

Last edited by Space; 06-15-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning and happy Friday!

I'm nervous for the weather next weekend. We are supposed to hit VERY HOT weather middle of next week

Usually that means a storm is on its way...

Old 06-15-2012, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Good morning and happy Friday!

I'm nervous for the weather next weekend. We are supposed to hit VERY HOT weather middle of next week

Usually that means a storm is on its way...

Good Morning Mod `Mike,
"Don't worry, be Happy", there's nothing you can `do about the weather (Maybe pray), what will `be...., will `be...
Don't get nervous, it's not good 4 U

Wish you good weather...Let us all `pray...amen

^^^ ReMinder, if U get Buzzed, don't drive...Stay home & munch `out ^^^^

Old 06-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space is blowing up people like the movie independance day. lol

Mike, I think you're right about the coming weather. I thought we were going to get some decent needed rain on monday. But instead, we got day long drizzle.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

WOW it's 9:30 am here & i'm finally getting on here. Running a little late this morning. 1st HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE Looks like its going to be a hot & humid day today. They say No rain today. I hope their right about that. I want to pick up the Chevelle this aft. Got to cut the lawn as soon as it drys out after a very damp night. Then hit the showers again. I hope all you meeting for the MICHIGAN MEET & GREET HAVE A GREAT TIME. PLEASE all of you going to that. Take a lot of pictures. Someone put a face to the owners cars. It would be cool to see who owns what. I wish I was in town for that this yr. I didn't make the plans to be there last week. But maybe next yr??..ok i just wanted to stop in and say good morning to you all. Got plenty to do before it gets too HOT & sticky. Its 64 and already kind of Humid. I turned on the A/C a few mins ago. ok ya all have a great day. I'll check in later this afternoon. cccccccccccccccc YA

Last edited by Ricks 2006 SS; 06-15-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Space is blowing up people like the movie independance day. lol

Lou, you taught me well on how to blow up the Bad People that attempt to join our Monte Carlo Family and do them harm....

We shall defend our family with all our resources 4-Sure

Old 06-15-2012, 11:55 AM

Hi Member's, it's time for me to check out and go to lunch with my beach bum friends...BeachBum Mike didn't get my new wheels put on my skateboard, plus we are all 2 tired to skate 2day...We are just going to hit Wendy's & go down to the docks & catch up.

Wish everyone a great afternoon...Please keep the MCF active and make some posts...
Peace/Happiness to `all from the BeachBum's & `Space

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, June 15, 2012 < Check In <