Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, January 18, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:22 AM

Hi `Keane, `Lou (Taz), `Mod's Mike & Michael, `Seattle `Mike & Member's;
(We sure have a lot of Mike's on our forum)
***Mike (JG), we hope that you are feeling better...Let us know how you are ?

* Chris, yes you got a super deal & it should be a fun project getting it to the way that you want it to `be...The one I found on E-Bay for $7400. is a decent price for only having 15K miles + it's stick Look forward to your updates & what you do ?

* Hello `Mel, wish you great weather this weekend to spend with your Monte S.S. & your family ~> EnJoy

* Seattle `Mike, wish you warm weather & I wish you & member's a great new `day & Super/Super WeekEnd EnJoy

Last edited by Space; 01-18-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good Morning all. looks to be another great day in the Phoenix valley today. With temps in the mid 70's. Really been busy with the new home we bought out here. Making it our own and getting rid of somethings we don't like. Buying New things like Microwave, Washer is from the 70's i think. Love the screened in porch. Ozzie can go outside sort of in there. The Mini garage ( shed) is 12 x 12 . Don't need a garage out here. The Mini shed fills my needs for the time r=were out here. Might hit a car show this saturday afternoon. Unless something comes up before then. Been a while since I've done that ot here. Were off to do some Estate shopping today. Looking for some odd things to decorate the place with. And for the outside. Got to have the New floor tiles down before the 15 on Feb. Thats our set dead line we set. Bought stuff for the deck & screen room. Starting to take shape out there now. Ok its 8:30 got to get out of here. Hope all of you have a great day.Make someone smile today I know I've been busy as hell since we got out here. I want to say hello to all my friends on here. Space jerry Dave Ron. Mel Both Mikes, Keane

Old 01-18-2013, 09:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello

Old 01-18-2013, 09:39 AM

Hi `Rick,
It's great you found a home that you like & that you are making it your own. Wish you the best with no remodeling problems.

Look forward to seeing pictures when time permits.
I will do my best to make people in my life smile , because it's so much better then making them sad 4-Sure

EnJoy the warmth of the SunShine

Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 AM

Good morning y'all. I'm of to New Mexico for the weekend. The T-Bird club wants to display my grandfathers Bird at his service and I need to go clean it up and make sure it starts. It's been down for a while. Lots of work ahead of me.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Got word the Impala will be painted tonight or tomorrow. He worked all night on it till 9am this morning. Getting close..Kind of excited to get it back and make it her's..
Sounds like Rick is a busy man these days. No wonder the forum has been quiet..LOL
Oh well back to my chores, house is done, now for laundry..BOO
Tom-Get that Bird shining and make him proud..

Old 01-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Keane, `Lou (Taz), `Mod's Mike & Michael, `Seattle `Mike & Member's;
(We sure have a lot of Mike's on our forum)
***Mike (JG), we hope that you are feeling better...Let us know how you are ?

* Chris, yes you got a super deal & it should be a fun project getting it to the way that you want it to `be...The one I found on E-Bay for $7400. is a decent price for only having 15K miles + it's stick Look forward to your updates & what you do ?

* Hello `Mel, wish you great weather this weekend to spend with your Monte S.S. & your family ~> EnJoy

* Seattle `Mike, wish you warm weather & I wish you & member's a great new `day & Super/Super WeekEnd EnJoy
I think all i'm going to do is keep it as a clone.Do a mild 350 clean the paint up an drive it for awhile.I have decided if i'm going to flip it or keep it yet.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:12 AM

Awesome steal Chris, I'd just clean it up and cruise in it . Morning everyone didn't get much sleep last night dumb dog and cat kept me up, and then one of the kids were sick and woke me up coughing.
In the morning around 6:30 one of the boys woke me up because he wasn't going to be able to go to school 3 of his buttons popped off his shirt. We didn't have any thread and needle so I fixed it with fishing wire. Thing is at home kids would have hid it so they couldn't go to school, here they enjoy going.
Oh and I swear the nanny puts the 6 month on on the middle of the floor outside my room at 9:30 so he starts crying until I get up I just know she does it on purpose.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone

The day got off to a good start. I found out this morning (wondering why so much money was taken out of my paycheck....)I checked on my pay stub and found out my wife has finally been added to my health insurance!!! My HR manager pulled through & gave me and my wife a bit of equality from the company.

Also...here is my fun morning story....
so...im in the stopnshop shopping center, stuffing my groceries in my back seat & a flock of seagulls of probably 75-100 birds just start.....walking....closer and closer to me and my cart.. They began to glare me down, looking like they were ready to steal my food.. So what do I do? Finish my groceries, start the car & stomp the gas. They get scared... I drive around them to the beginning of the flock, traction off & slam it down as I scream through. Each bird flapped away going "Oh shiiii*!" all the way to the end *insertcooliconhere*

Last edited by Red Nightmare; 01-18-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tom.M
Good morning y'all. I'm of to New Mexico for the weekend. The T-Bird club wants to display my grandfathers Bird at his service and I need to go clean it up and make sure it starts. It's been down for a while. Lots of work ahead of me.

Hi Tom, I was sorry to read about your loss of your
grandfather . It's great that he club wants to honor him & his Thunderbird at his service . Wish you the best getting it cleaned up for the service. If you can (?), take some pictures & share. Wish you good memories of your grandfather in your heart/mind & spirit. Peace/Out
==========================================
`Jerry let us pray that he gets it's done...Look forward to seeing the finished results...Good Luck 4-Sure
===================================
Hi `Jen, it's great that you got health insurance for your wife.
It's a great investment in todays world. There are so many that don't have coverage & todays estimated cost for a emergency visit today is over $2100. +
=========================================
Hi `Just'in,
You are a short-timer now in Haiti before your return to Windsor

I'm sure that you made a difference & some good memories.

I sure hope that your emission test is passed & that you can enjoy driving your Monte & the company of family & friends before you depart on your next adventure. Good Luck
=====================================
Hi `Chris, I think a 350 ci with a mild cam is a great choice
Is it auto or manual ? Do you know how good the transmission is now & the running gear ? When was it last on the road ?
Wish you good luck on getting in on the road to enjoy..
Peace/Out from `Space

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, January 18, 2013