Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Friday, Febuary 17th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:38 AM

Mornin guys. Home for a few then I'll be headed back out to grab a part for the Camaro. Went to O'Reilly's to order it cause they were cheaper. Turns out they could get it there in 2 hours too! That blew my mind cause everyone else won't get it to their store till the next morning at the earliest. Really cool guy there too. Looks like I know who's getting my business from now on!

Old 02-17-2012, 08:44 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Thats pretty quick for a store to get a part in, they must have a store with it in stock somewhere

Old 02-17-2012, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Mornin guys. Home for a few then I'll be headed back out to grab a part for the Camaro. Went to O'Reilly's to order it cause they were cheaper. Turns out they could get it there in 2 hours too! That blew my mind cause everyone else won't get it to their store till the next morning at the earliest. Really cool guy there too. Looks like I know who's getting my business from now on!
I switched almost all my auto parts business to O'Reilly about two years ago. I think they're great. Excellent customer service. Knowledgable staff. They go out of their way to help me with old car parts. No-questions-asked returns for warranty parts.

In fairness to other good companies, I should mention that our local Advance Auto and NAPA shops have been very good to me over the years as well. I buy everything possible from one of those three, resorting to online sales only if they can't get me what I need (usually an obscure old car part).

Old 02-17-2012, 09:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Amy= sometimes we have to give to get. If you are happier and can still make it, then it's worth it.
Taz-cool pics.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

morning all. Figures its partyly cloudy and not snowing here, after i spent all day in the snow yesterday Day off from work today, so hve to see what all i'm gonna get done. Trying to decide whether to do some school work now or later. Have a good day everyone

Last edited by Leprechaun93; 02-17-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Chances are you ordered the part before their truck left the warehouse. The (now defunked) ma & pa parts store I used to do business with could get you a part same morning if you ordered before 9am. If you ordered after 9am they would have it there by 2pm that afternoon. I also do my local parts buying at O'Reilly now. They do tend to have a more experienced/knowledgeable staff compared to the competition. They're also willing to fill special orders.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Autozone has its share of (i'll be nice) lesser knowledged people..... When i go there i usually look for the older guy or store manager when i need help. That way i know they know what they're doing

Old 02-17-2012, 10:35 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Well got the new axels & drive shaft in the gto

Old 02-17-2012, 10:38 AM

Sorry to hear about the pay Amy. Our new jobs sound a lot alike. My health benefits start right away too. I also drive just under 7 miles to work. I would have liked the pay to be a little higher, but in my situation I've never had a job with better benefits. The retirement plan is outstanding, so I better try to finish out my career here. As long as I can handle cleaning bathrooms, setting up and tearing down for athletic events and whatever else they ask of me. I might even go back to riding one of my motorcycles or one of dad's scooters to work to further cut back on fuel expenses. Might be time to buy a Volt. LOL
On that note, I have to go for my pre-employment physical right now. Hope everyone has a great day.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Morning space! hope all is well where you are!
unfortunetly this winter, ice climbing has been a bust, it has been unusually warm this winter in upstate NY so not much freezing. Cant wait til rock climbing season this spring!

Hi `Devin, sorry that you don't have good weather to enjoy your sport...I like to be `high, or climb 2 a higher level ~>
The highest I've climbed is the Fire Towers in my area, but I think I would love to climb mountains...I love the view of the country from above, and then I can then look down on everyone ~> LOL...I would love to live in a Light house over the ocean 4-Sure..

====================================
Taz ~>`Lou, I love those pic's of Dale Sr...He's in the lead.
I'm sure my grandfather will see them & love them..He's been checking my posts lately & thinks I need some retraining
=====================================
`Amy, keep a positive attitude in your new `job & life
Good Luck!
=========================================
Wish everyone a Super Day & Weekend...Don't 4get 2 EnJoy
Space/Out

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Friday, Febuary 17th 2012