Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Fraternity

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 01:53 AM
1 Year Member
Default Fraternity

I am planning on trying to get into a fraternity and I was just wondering if anyone else on here is in a fraternity? I think it would be very beneficial for the future and it would also be a lot of fun

Old 03-03-2012, 02:09 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I almost joined one.

But I don't own a flat bill.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:20 AM

dont do it not worth it at all. Few close friends of mine have joined and each of them said its not worth it. Ive seen how much the grades drop and honestly older people who i have spoken to about pledging said its not worth it in the end. your paying for friends, join a sports team instead, much better, less rules, more fun,
lax bros

Old 03-03-2012, 01:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by MonteSSS
dont do it not worth it at all. Few close friends of mine have joined and each of them said its not worth it. Ive seen how much the grades drop and honestly older people who i have spoken to about pledging said its not worth it in the end. your paying for friends, join a sports team instead, much better, less rules, more fun,
lax bros
X2... not worth it. Plenty of other ways to make friends that will better your future. Not that a frat wouldn't but it wouldn't be fun retaking classes or not being satisfied with your grades if you're having TOO much fun. But I could be wrong depending on what school you're attending. I've heard pros and cons of both joining and not so it's kind of hard to say..

Old 03-03-2012, 05:24 PM

I've been a Mason since July of 99, all I can say is find one thats more about knowledge & Respect then parties and hazing !

Old 03-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you think it's going to teach you anything about living on your own, it won't. If you're going from your parents house to a frat house, you're simply going from one set of rules to another. And your parents won't make you run naked across the football field, or put itching powder in your underwear.

The local university here has a residential area around it. Some homes are fraternities. But some are rental units. Many people get together with a couple others and share the rent on a home. You can always find ads for students looking for room mates to share rent. Maybe go that route if staying where you are is not an option.