Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

found pricing on a stock

Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default found pricing on a stock

i found out the price of gm aka chevy's stock price is from a friend that is a stock trader. the stock is .45cents i cant believe it is that low i dont know if it fell yesterday but i am tempted to get some stock from gm to see if it will climb. my question is to every one is would you get there stock to help gm out or let them fail?

Old 02-16-2012, 02:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

LOL, idk who your friend is but that is way wrong.

GM is currently trading at $27.06, they are up from $24.93 where they closed yesterday. Probably because they reported high earnings in the last quarter this morning.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:31 PM

Wish i had the money to buy some stock from them I didnt know it was that much. I usually only buy things that are less then $10 a share. I currently have money in Sprint and Bank Of America. DOES ANYBODY HERE BY STOCK ALSO????

Old 02-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

You need to stop listening to your friends, lol. Here's where you can find info on GM's stock: GM:New York Stock Quote - General Motors Co - Bloomberg

For the record, I don't think GM's stock has EVER been as low as $0.45/share. Back in the end of 2008 it dropped to around $0.79/share and then GM pulled out of the stock market. It entered the stock market again around late 2010 early 2011 at about $33/share.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by zipper
You need to stop listening to your friends, lol. Here's where you can find info on GM's stock: GM:New York Stock Quote - General Motors Co - Bloomberg

For the record, I don't think GM's stock has EVER been as low as $0.45/share. Back in the end of 2008 it dropped to around $0.79/share and then GM pulled out of the stock market. It entered the stock market again around late 2010 early 2011 at about $33/share.
I wish you were not wrong about this but you are. At the height of my investment in GM stock I had 500.00 and when they declared bankruptcy it was worthless. I lost it all. I never thought it could happen and still don't understand all the factors that contributed to it. I know that I got screwed. I won't buy GM stock again. I think the books had been cooked for many years to show profits and dividends that didn't exist.

I own some Ford stock and Toyota that has been stagnant for a long time. I also own some Disney stock.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:50 PM
15 Year Member

i allready have disney stock it is called there retirement plan at wdw resorts global. when i was at that dealer when i worked there i got about may be every check about $300 worth of stock. do to when gm and diamler chrysler dodge jeep tanked. ford is helping mazda with there assembely here so they wont let the ford assemblers go and help keep mazda affordable in amarica. so they have joint efforts in amarica as well as in japan for ford car and truck. just wish gm thaught of the same thing on euro or astrallia with there cars.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
I wish you were not wrong about this but you are. At the height of my investment in GM stock I had 500.00 and when they declared bankruptcy it was worthless. I lost it all. I never thought it could happen and still don't understand all the factors that contributed to it. I know that I got screwed. I won't buy GM stock again. I think the books had been cooked for many years to show profits and dividends that didn't exist.

I own some Ford stock and Toyota that has been stagnant for a long time. I also own some Disney stock.
How am I wrong? I stated that GM went as low as $0.79 while trading stocks, and then they completely pulled out of the stock market. When they pulled out, there was no stocks whatsoever for GM which is why you lost everything because it no longer existed.

Can you be more specific on what was wrong in my statement?

Old 02-16-2012, 08:17 PM

I use my Disney stock as a savings plan so I sell it often when I need something. I have to get a water treatment system for the house. The treatment system is somewhere in the ball park of 3500.00 and my stock was at 3200.00 so I sold it today. I think with the rise in gas that Disney stock will drop soon. I am in the employee purchase program so I'll have some more again next week. I guess now I'm saving for either my computer or new windows for the house.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by zipper
How am I wrong? I stated that GM went as low as $0.79 while trading stocks, and then they completely pulled out of the stock market. When they pulled out, there was no stocks whatsoever for GM which is why you lost everything because it no longer existed.

Can you be more specific on what was wrong in my statement?
If the lowest it got was .79 cents I'd still have the shares I bought. It went to zero and then it was deemed nonexistent. Your above text does clarify your statement. I wish it had bottomed at .79 cents.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
If the lowest it got was .79 cents I'd still have the shares I bought. It went to zero and then it was deemed nonexistent. Your above text does clarify your statement. I wish it had bottomed at .79 cents.
The reason that the lowest GM stock got was $0.79 and then you lost everything is because once GM's stock got that low, they completely pulled out of the stock market, meaning that if you had stocks in GM, they were worthless now. GM stock NEVER hit $0.00 and then deemed nonexistent, but when they pulled out of the market it did screw people over because their shares were then rendered worthless.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: found pricing on a stock