Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

forum crash affect member numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default forum crash affect member numbers?

right now it says there are 510 guests online...wtf? are there always that many guests? if ur a guest and reading this! come on in a join!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Default RE: forum crash affect member numbers?

Whoa, never noticed that, I see 17 members vs 338 guests.

For those that visit often I would like to see them join and help contribute with new ideas or questions. That would help us take the Monte Carlo's to the next step and perhaps get even more aftermarket support.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:35 AM
rj
15 Year Member

are there always that many guests?

= popular web site!!!
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 01-14-2009, 09:35 PM

now there are 618 guests...wtf

Old 01-14-2009, 10:02 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I can remember 'Space once telling how someone at a shop in his hometown said something about a post he had made here... and how many people in his hometown apparently used the MCF to keep up with he and the BeachBums... I guess alot of people put something into a google search about something like a wax, a car problem, and hte sorts that don't even own Monte Carlo's.. but our forum turns up in the search because we've discussed these problems before. When you're in a bind, anything on any car forum may help. Some (by that, I mean VERY few), own Monte Carlo's, research Monte Carlos thru our forums, and join the forums.

Also, if you go to the "Member List" at the top of this page, you will see that there are literally thousdands of members on this site (or atleast, a look over that list makes it seem like there are so), but maybe like... 25-30 active members or so? If you look over htat list... I'd conservativley estimate that 90% of our members have less than 3 posts on this forum....

Hello to all our visitors and members out there!!

-Duane

Old 01-15-2009, 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

I can remember 'Space once telling how someone at a shop in his hometown said something about a post he had made here... and how many people in his hometown apparently used the MCF to keep up with he and the BeachBums... I guess alot of people put something into a google search about something like a wax, a car problem, and hte sorts that don't even own Monte Carlo's.. but our forum turns up in the search because we've discussed these problems before. When you're in a bind, anything on any car forum may help. Some (by that, I mean VERY few), own Monte Carlo's, research Monte Carlos thru our forums, and join the forums.

Also, if you go to the "Member List" at the top of this page, you will see that there are literally thousdands of members on this site (or atleast, a look over that list makes it seem like there are so), but maybe like... 25-30 active members or so? If you look over htat list... I'd conservativley estimate that 90% of our members have less than 3 posts on this forum....

Hello to all our visitors and members out there!!

-Duane
^ Yep

I actually go quite when not at school 'cause back home we've got dial-up and I just don't bother to even get on the net when it's that slow unless really needed.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:35 PM
rj
15 Year Member

So.................. it's not cause we have a popular web site?????

Old 01-15-2009, 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: rj

So.................. it's not cause we have a popular web site?????
idk i think alot of people read and never post

Old 01-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That`s nothing new. There used to be amessage in the New Member Area with a message from moderator Boost where he mentions the same thing. That was dated 2005 or somewhere around there. That`s commonfor just about every forum on the net. Lots of people visiting and never making a post. Likely looking for info, bored, or just interested in reading a good thread.

I could be wrong, but I believe when someone does a Google search, it automatically logs the person onto the site. Especially when doing a Google Image search. I know when I've done an image search for something, when an image from MCF comes up,I automatically get logged onto the site. I think it's a Windows/Google thing, not a site thing. If my guess is correct, when someone without an MCF account does a google search, they automatically show up as a guest on the site.

I think this site is very popular with search engines simply because of our domain name. That`s how I found this site in the first place. I did a google search for "Monte Carlo forums". This site was the first one to pop up. I looked around for a few days, and joined up because of how nice and helpful everyone was.

So basically it's google`s fault I`m here. LOL.

Quick Reply: forum crash affect member numbers?