Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Ford Rac'in News : ( Hope GM does this ? : P

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 06:36 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Angry Ford Rac'in News : ( Hope GM does this ? : P

Ford Racing News 2010 Cobra Jet Gets Green Light

Ford Racing made it official today by announcing plans to build a 2010 version of the popular Cobra Jet drag car. The announcement was officially made at the National Mustang Racing Association (NMRA) event at Milan Dragway. Ford Racing will produce a limited run of 50 2010 Mustang CJs, the minimum number that must be produced to receive clearance from NHRA for competition. Exact specifications are being finalized, but the initial plan is for the 2010 Cobra Jet to have a 425-hp 5.4-liter supercharged engine from the Ford Racing Performance Parts catalog, with an option to upgrade to an estimated 475-hp aluminum block engine. For the history of the 2008 Cobra Jet (right) that marked the return of CJ to competition, check out this video.

click on above video Great Show
I sure hope that GM = Gov't Motors
does the same thing with the New Camaro ?
I think it's great that Ford is doing this, and
it should be a AweSome Mustang.
OK GM, lead follow or get the heck outa the way!
We live 2 compete
Member's what do you think above the above
Limited Production Mustang ?

Chevy Camaro SS vs Ford Mustang GT vs Dodge Cha...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGVU-...eature=related
click above

Last edited by Space; 06-13-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:02 AM

Attention GM..., build it & they will buy.
We want a drag Rac'in Camaro from the
Factory/ShowRoom : )

Member Cowboy `Duane's Torino's

Last edited by Space; 06-13-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hope GM does. But I thought I heard on the news yesterday that GM was going to have to cut back on their racing division. Especially with Nascar.

If they do, I think this opens up a great opportunity for potential Penske Saturn racecars.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
I hope GM does. But I thought I heard on the news yesterday that GM was going to have to cut back on their racing division. Especially with Nascar.

If they do, I think this opens up a great opportunity for potential Penske Saturn racecars.

Hi `Lou & Member's,
I think it's already happening
I posted the below this morning in the NASCAR thread : (

The ripple effects

Nationwide and Truck team owners confirmed what was feared on Friday: General Motors has pulled support from the two series. And it has the attention of everyone.
Oh `No
Also:
GM cutting support in N'wide, Truck | Sound Off: Drivers weigh in on GM's news
Napoleon, Mich.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

One thing you got to give GM LOTS of credit for....their bone stock Camaro SS puts out just as much horsepower as this "special" Mustang...and IF Chevy ever does release the new Z28, we are talking about 620 Mustang killing horse power....coming from 6.2L Supercharged V8, and its a totally stock car!

Old 06-13-2009, 04:01 PM

Old 06-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

^^ oh HELL yeah.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by LnLSS06

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont car if its street legal or not. They would have to catch me first.

I was telling Lisa about this article and we both agreed that Ferd has come out better then GM and Chrysler combined. What a shame.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Hot Rod magazine this month shows "body in white" Mustangs headed to Team Z Motorsports in Flat Rock MI for the build of 50 of these beasts (delivered). Here's the kicker: They are ALSO building ONE CJ convertible that will be capable of tucking ALL of the Ford racing crate engines between it's rails, INCLUDING 2 of Ford's big blocks!

GM is a day late and a $ short again, as it was in the 60's, and again now. Ford never quit production of the Mustang. Chevy was 2 1/2 years late in the 60's. and how many years this time?

Here is a pic of the new Camaro from MIS at today's truck race. Notice the front panel is a drastically different shade of orange than the fenders. Everyone noticed it and was commenting on it. Also notice the tech trying to figure out what's wrong with the electronics, in front of the WORLD. This car has been wet sanded and polished, also, unlike the many other Camaro's I've been looking at.

But then there was this JR version of the Camaro that GM Performance built. One of a kind car, and this was nice:

Sorry, but the quality just isn't there. Every Chevy dealer around has at least one sitting out front. Are they not selling? Why? Things like the orange peel paint, fit and finish, multi-tone paint, electrical issues (?), and who knows what other issues.

The Mustang has been refined for for 45 years. GM is starting over. Maybe Roger Penske can buy GM as a whole and salvage something from that, and not just Saturn.

GO FORD!

Last edited by RocknSS04; 06-13-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:26 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

oooo Cobra Jet....

*smiles because he owns one!*

Quick Reply: Ford Rac'in News : ( Hope GM does this ? : P