Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Football is here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 09:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
GO BLUE HERE. Michigan Wolverines
And the Detroit lions
Me too. I also like the steelers and root for the Pats and the Giants when they arent playing the Lions

Old 09-07-2013, 07:38 PM
1 Year Member

Peyton "DA" Manning(except in the post-season)throws 7 td's against the new look Ravens in week 1 tying the NFL record. That's "Madden" video game stuff right there.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Great football game last night! Go BLUE. Now today is the LIONS & Vikings. Living here in Minn. With my family and friends that are Viking fans. Its fun teasing each other. My Son in law bleeds Purple. We talk carp about each others teams all the time. But I'm a TRUE Lions fan win or lose. Hope this is a start of a GOOD season for them.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Giants an Cowgirls tonight
Half of my friends are cowgirls fan the smack talk never ends this time of year

Old 09-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Go Niners

49ers to super bowl!!!!!!!!!! Kick cheesheads butt today

Old 09-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

yep, football is here and gone for my Steelers.......They lost 3 players for the year and don't look all that good.....

And so goes my Pirates, they won their 81st game a few days ago to break a 20+ year drought on finishing with a losing record (under 500) and haven't won since!

Atleast maybe, maybe the Penguins could do something???

Old 09-12-2013, 09:34 PM
1 Year Member

One week in and already my Giants are already under the gun of starting 0-2. Not even that mad at the performance because NFC East games are so up and down that 1 team gets ahead it usually means the other team will make it back at some point to make it a competitive game. I've seen it too often. The six TO's weren't good, but before that sixth came along who didn't think we weren't going to win that game with Eli leading the charge. I'm sure Dallas thought we were coming back...Next week, Manning-Bowl III. I know lil bro wants to finally get big bro...To the Giants fans on this forum, wasn't it funny to see Eli on the first play of the game throw that interception right to DeMarcus Ware on the stupid screen pass. The screen game hasn't worked since Tiki Barber.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:46 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
yep, football is here and gone for my Steelers.......They lost 3 players for the year and don't look all that good.....

And so goes my Pirates, they won their 81st game a few days ago to break a 20+ year drought on finishing with a losing record (under 500) and haven't won since!

Atleast maybe, maybe the Penguins could do something???
I do root for the Steelers sometimes. Not a fan of Big Ben but I do respect his ability. I'm a fan of the coach and Polamalu but he's getting up there in football years. That play he made diving over the line onto the QB was crazy. He's done that before but that was perfect timing. Yes the injuries do hurt...Good Luck this season.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:50 PM

Only one team I cheer for and they are known as America's Team... the DALLAS COWBOYS! Haha how'd you like that game last week mpound97 haha all in good fun I'm just pumped up that football is back.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:59 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Griffindor
Only one team I cheer for and they are known as America's Team... the DALLAS COWBOYS! Haha how'd you like that game last week mpound97 haha all in good fun I'm just pumped up that football is back.
You know what I did enjoy the game. Even though we ate it, it was another division game that the 4 NFC East teams always play. But as well in good fun cuz I'm not one who rubs stuff in, you guys were scared and y'all got away with one. I must admit being a strong NYG fan since the 80's and going through all those years and getting a feeling for those different teams and era's, Eli throwing that pic on the 1st play was/is how his reign just is. He's not the best qb down to down, but no ones better in the clutch. And I'd take him over romo anyday of the millennium.

Quick Reply: Football is here!