Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

A Ferd Torino Restoration Update

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:18 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default A Ferd Torino Restoration Update

So here are some pictures of my progress.... first off, the interior is stripped, and everything has been removed from teh dahs with the exception of the gauge cluster.

And when the carpet was pulled back, I found some bad news in the drivers side floor pan. It will have to be replaced for sure. The picture doesn't really show you how badly rusted out the drivers side pan is. The passenger side has a lot of surface rust, but a few rusted out places as well. Both will probably replaced, the passenger side probably will just be paritally replaced.

And I also removed the front fenders. This is about as far as I plan to take the car down... except for removing the engine and working on everything to get it cleaned up. I'm not going for absolutly better than showroom perfection... just good enough to look good at shows and nwo to teh point that I'm scared to drive it as to ruin the work. Now it's about time to start doing the real work.....

Old 05-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

lookin good duane, thanks for the update!! glad to see that you're really making progress!!

Old 05-10-2009, 07:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This is an awesome project that I am excited about and I really hope it gets done. Nothing personal Duane - I just know a lot of nit-wits who tear down cars to restore them, then nothing gets done. Nobody ever has the sack (or the wallet) to see it through. It is a lot of work - nothing I'd want to tackle. But I believe in you buddy. Keep the updates coming!

Old 05-10-2009, 07:42 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks like fun!! Gonna sand blast it?? And junior car I know alot of people too, it makes me mad to see a good old car like that sit half done.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:43 PM

You'll have to keep us updated on it, (even though it's a ferd) I like project cars, hope to have deep enough pockets for my own one day.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Looks like you well on your way to a great resto. Keep up the good work man.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Looks like ya got a GREAT start to the Ferd Torino project. Your "DREAM" car! Ya got your work cut out for you, but it will be SO worth it when it's done.

Keep us posted.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:09 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think I'll be okay... my dad and I are making a plan and we have it all laid out... money may become an issue but it will only stall us for a few weeks at a time. My dad used to restore Mustangs at a rate of 2-3 a year when he had a body shop and did it on the side in the late 70's and early 80's. So he's got teh tools and the talent... and I'm learning alot as I go. I learned a lot on the 1950 truck we finished last year.... so I'm ready to go now!!

Old 05-11-2009, 11:12 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Very cool Duane - looks like you are coming along. Keep us updated!

Old 05-11-2009, 11:28 AM

Hi `Duane, great to see you online, we miss your posts.

Thanks 4 sharing/posting your update + pictures...Sure looks like a lot of hard/fun work : ) It's great that your father is helping, plus that you have the tools for such a major project.

How's your Monte SS Run'in ? Hope U R not neglecting your `Monte....Are you `off from school 4 this summer ? Sure hope U get a break & can have some `fun, and keep work'in your project.

It seems the older I get the more responsibility there is in `life.
I wanta be a teen again : ) lol
Duane, wish you the best on your project `Torino & in your life.
EnJoy....Look 4ward to your next update....Be Happy `space

Quick Reply: A Ferd Torino Restoration Update