Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   feeling a bit down (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/feeling-bit-down-7252/)

dustybird3 01-05-2008 08:09 PM

feeling a bit down

Well, our only child has informed us today that he will be moving out and sharing an apartment with some friends. He'll be 20 next month and I knew it was coming, but dang, I wasn't ready for these very mixed emotions. I really thought I'd be ok with it, but I'm not.[/align]

Taz 01-05-2008 08:54 PM

RE: feeling a bit down

I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now. On one hand you don't want to let him go. But hopefully you can feel confident that you did your job right, and he's on the right path to a successful, happy life.

Even if he does drive a Honda. (just kidding);)

It's not like you'll never see him again. He just won't be around as much. Plus, it should make his visits that much more special.

HyperFox 01-05-2008 09:00 PM

Crap man.. I cant say I know how it felt, and he wont realize how much he misses you for a few months..
You still got us tho!

Taz 01-05-2008 09:05 PM

Chances are you'll see him on laundry day, and when they run out of groceries. [sm=hia.gif]

dustybird3 01-05-2008 09:47 PM

You might be right Taz, LOL, or when he needs to work on that Honda - all the tools are here and no room at the apartment for those kinds of things.

06MC 01-05-2008 10:49 PM

I know what your going thru, But not to worry, I see more of my kids now than when they lived here. I hope you and your husband get along cuz it's just like when you first were married you will be spending alot more time together. My wife really had a hard time when my daughter moved out!

81Monte350Power 01-05-2008 11:29 PM

sorry to hear that, i have only one child right now, and i am dreading when he gets to that point, tho he is prolly quite a few years away from it, being as he is only 10 months old lol

Taz 01-05-2008 11:39 PM

Not to hijack Becky's thread, but congrats on your new son, Chris!

rj 01-06-2008 12:06 AM

Sorry to hear you're taking this so hard.

My youngest sister is feeling the tug on the apron strings. Her youngest is now 18 and going to college in the fall.

dustybird3 01-06-2008 03:17 AM

ORIGINAL: 81Monte350Power

sorry to hear that, i have only one child right now, and i am dreading when he gets to that point, tho he is prolly quite a few years away from it, being as he is only 10 months old lol
Congrats. Enjoy every second. There will be times when you can't wait for this day, but when it comes it can be a bit rough.
He's not home much now, but he's here at night so I know he's safe. I think that's what's bothering me - he won't be home at night, lot's of bad things happen at night.

06MC, we get along great thankfully.

Thanks guys, for the support. It's not like I didn't know this day was coming and I really wasn't expecting it to be this hard on me. I kinda thought he'd stay here til he's out of school, so I thought he'd be here about another year.

BeachBumMike 01-06-2008 04:56 AM

Hi Becky, your son is so lucky to have a loving, concerned Mother. I wish I knew who my parents were?
I'm also sure that you son will soon find out how difficult it
is to survive on his own. It's expensive out here : )
I've forgot what a home cooked meal taste like : )
I'd rather have him move out to a apartment with friends,
then to be in a barracks/tent with soliders and guns.
I feel for the parents with their children in a war : (
I'm sure that your son will return often to his Mother, and
you will cherish the moments.
He is so lucky to have you in his life.
EnJoy the Love,
`Space

gale155 01-06-2008 05:55 AM

I agree that you're going to be seeing a lot more of your son than you realize.At least he's still going to livenearby.I joined the Air Force when I was 19, and ended up the middle of the Pacific Ocean for three years.

My wife and I did not have kids (by choice), so I'm not familiar with the experience.Just remember that it'snatural to feel as you do - being totally OK with the change would be cause for concern.;)

dustybird3 01-06-2008 08:03 AM

Thanks Space, that was nice.

I don't think I could've handled him being in the military now, even though I had tought about joining myself at one time. I never told him he couldn't, that was his decision, but I sure am glad he didn'twant to. He was in JROCT in high school for one semester, and hated it.

mickey 01-06-2008 12:53 PM

hey now is the time to chace the old man around naked and enjoy the time you have together with out the ruggies.

but you will see him more and also it is better for quality time you and him actually plan his being there so it makes it a lot easier.

dustybird3 01-06-2008 01:04 PM

LOL, Mickey, that would be just about the time he'd show up unannouced. Better change the door locks I guess.

kweef 01-06-2008 01:53 PM

i havent told my parents im leavin next fall...they think im stayin where i am now for a few more years, wonder how my mom will take that

mickey 01-06-2008 04:04 PM

it would be a great idea to say somethign ahead of time Kweef. give her a chance to relax about the idea .

Busty bird

yeah mostlikely. But you need to tint the windows also so he dont come looking in on ya to LOL

But if nothing else you got a giggel out of it LOL

dustybird3 01-06-2008 04:31 PM

Kweef, at least do a little hinting at the subject. I thought he would be here at least a year or so 'til he finishes school so it came as a bit of a shock.

Mickey, tint the windows, eh? You think that'll make my house look a little more sporty and not so "plain"?
Guess it's a good thing I found my dream car before this or everyone sure enough would say I was having some kind ofmid life thing. (for the record, I've wanted a MC for at least 20 years, so that should put any doubts to rest, LOL)

kweef 01-06-2008 06:01 PM

thanx to both of u for the advice...idk tho its hard to tell her im leavin, she was upset when i just went to mexico for 3 weeks...but ill tell her b4 im done with this next semester

04 Intimidator 01-08-2008 04:11 PM

I had trained my parents for that one... Since I was 14 I was going out all night and by 16 I'd be over at other friends apartments for weeks at a clip.

Good times on my side. :)

Monte Mom 01-08-2008 10:12 PM

I'm sorry. I know how you feel. I felt the same way when my son moved out the first time ( he's on his 3rd try now)
Someone once told me that it'sa first and we've been with our kids for lots of firsts. 1st steps, 1st day of school, 1st date, 1st car. And now here is another.You've done your job Dusty and have done it well.You've raised him and given him wings and now you get to watch him fly. It's not easy, but you will be ok.
I promise.

mickey 01-08-2008 10:42 PM

yeah then you cn open his room up for rent and get a new nest partner in there that also dubbels as the bartender by the new jacuzzie and pool side dinner tabel that he wished he had when he lived there.
LMAO!!!

in my house my mom was so happy i wasn leaveing she helped me pack and even paid for the U haul to get me out LOL
At the time i thought she was a bit forrward on her help now i relise she really didnt want kids. half the time unless i call her i dont hear from her for months on end.
Man it is nice some times LOL

dustybird3 01-09-2008 06:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Monte Mom

I'm sorry. I know how you feel. I felt the same way when my son moved out the first time ( he's on his 3rd try now)
Someone once told me that it'sa first and we've been with our kids for lots of firsts. 1st steps, 1st day of school, 1st date, 1st car. And now here is another.You've done your job Dusty and have done it well.You've raised him and given him wings and now you get to watch him fly. It's not easy, but you will be ok.
I promise.

Thanks!
Ayear or 2 before he graduated high schoolhe caught a big redfish at the coast, he wanted it mounted but decided to turn it loose. I told him we could do a replica, on redsit's really better than a skin mount anyway - too oily(I'm a taxidermist, btw). Nothing else was every really said. I got a replica but didn't tell himand decided to do it for him for graduation. Yesterday he came in and asked me if I minded if he took it with him. He's got deer, ducks, and another fish on the wall, but he only asked about that one. Kinda made me feel good.
They are just waiting to see if their application is approved.

rj 01-09-2008 12:39 PM

If I were in the situation I'd run an ad in the paper for a renter. Only females 18 or over need apply.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

kweef 01-09-2008 02:45 PM

rj u do know that dustybird is a woman right lol...and dirty u neways lol (id do the same thing cough cough)

dustybird3 01-09-2008 04:33 PM

I think I'll pass on the 18 or over females, LOL, hubby might like it though.

They were approved so he'll probably move this weekend. Maybe I'll justfill his room with Earnhardt stuff, I'm sure I have enough.

dustybird3 01-09-2008 04:34 PM

RJ, if you're wondering where the name Dustybird3 came from, my parrot's name is Dusty and the 3 is,well, I think you can figure that one out, LOL. I didn't know if I wanted my name on here are not when I joined, but I see it would've been ok.

I really do appriciate the mood boost, I may need it again when reality sets in.

mickey 01-09-2008 05:52 PM

ORIGINAL: kweef

rj u do know that dustybird is a woman right lol...and dirty u neways lol (id do the same thing cough cough)
YOU MEAN SHE IS A GGGGGGIRL?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! W.T.F.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif]

dustybird3 01-09-2008 06:09 PM

uhm, yep, last time I checked anyway, LOL. (I luv that shocked smiley)

rj 01-09-2008 06:49 PM

I kind of figured Dustybird3 was a girl when you guys called her "Becky."

I only posted what I'd do, given the same situtation. Re-read my last post.

Okay. So where does the "3" come in? [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

mickey 01-09-2008 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: dustybird3

uhm, yep, last time I checked anyway, LOL. (I luv that shocked smiley)
Are you sure ya just wernt drunk and thinking of the wife?
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!
<shocked smileys is under more smileys---------------

Taz 01-10-2008 08:40 AM

I liked the idea where you had to get all the house's windows tinted.

And since you're tinting the house's windows, maybe some rally stripes or an airbrushed flame-job around the front door. lol. :D

[sm=joke.gif]

dustybird3 01-12-2008 06:43 PM

Well, it's official, he moved today.

mickey 01-12-2008 07:41 PM

Im sorry,

No wWhen is the party?!!!

And please make sure tha tya have yours and the hubby's clothes on i hate the idea of seeing frends like this.

Seriously
just take a long bath, pick on the husband and you should feel better after that.
Think there is a game on tonight so you can make sure right a the last few seconds tha tyou need his help for somehting.

This way he will feel more like you still care LOL

dustybird3 01-12-2008 08:00 PM

Thanks, but I'm home alone tonight. Hubby is in south Texas deer hunting, so I guess I'll just play on the computer and try to finish building a website for a friend.

mickey 01-12-2008 08:43 PM

what part of South texas?

I want some deer also!!!!
LOL
I didnt go this year thanks to just getting back and my rifels not getting here till after the Turkey day holiday.

dustybird3 01-12-2008 08:45 PM

McMullen County, near Calliham. I went a few weeks back before the rut got started, all I saw was does, yearlings, and spikes. He got an 8 point a couple weeks ago. It's not big (rack wise) by south Texas stanards but it was decent for our place. I'll mount it up for competition (state taxidermy show), it'll make a nice mount. If I know him, he probably ran off to Aransas Pass, or Choke Canyon,and went duck hunting instead. You can see Choke Canyon Lake from the deer stand so it's not far.

mickey 01-12-2008 11:33 PM

you must live closer to me then i thought.

i have been thinkng of goign to choke canyon to go hunting also. LOL

hope he dose well for ya.

if you get to much meat let me knwo i have a small feezer i can use.

cant garuntee that it will be there if you come looking for it agian later but i will let you knwo how he /she tasted LMAO

I will even be your son if he wants to move out of the area i will pick on you i mean bring you our laundry. im sorry i mean talk with ya LOL

FlynhghR 01-13-2008 12:43 AM

LMAO!

You guys kill me!

Mickey, you should be up here in Iowa. Some killer racks this year (a coworker of my father just shot a 13 pointer, 3 foot spread?, not a hunter myself). Beginning of the season anyways. If your into the meat, they actually had an additional 3 day antlerlessseason just before Christmasin an attempt to reduce population. There's actually been a nearly uncontrolled explosion of population due to lack of predatory animals, less fenced cattle areas (everyone's going to confinement operations), and increase of cropland ( ethanol = higher corn price = more corn fields = more grazing area)

so, yeah, good year for Bambi-killers ;-)

dustybird3 01-13-2008 08:10 AM

Checked your profile. San Antonio, eh? One of his roommates is from there. I'm in the Waco area. I'll be going through San Antonio next month. I have to go to Kerrville for a board meeting (I'm on the Texas Taxidermy Assoc. board)and seminar. I'll get to show off the MC, none of them have seen it yet except for my friend in Georgetown. She's going to go with me and split expenses (hubby has to work). She asked me if we were going in the "little racer", LOL, or if I was bringing the truck. If I didn't drive that car after 20 yrs of whining for one, my hubby would skin me. But we'll have to give her some fresh oil first.