Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

"Fast & Furious"

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:01 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question "Fast & Furious"

Has any Member seen the new Movie
"Fast & Furious"
Please submit/post your Review `ok
Box Office: Fast & Furious Cruises to $30 Million on Friday ($72 Million Debut)

Industry experts were expecting a $45 million opening weekend for the fourth installment of the “Fast and Furious” franchise, but the film would seem to be on its way to crash through that expectation, picking up an estimated $30 million on Friday alone. That still leaves Saturday and Sunday’s...
April 5th, 2009 | Read More

Old 04-06-2009, 07:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I went to see it on Friday and let me tell you that all the ricers were out in full force. They even had a car show Friday and Saturday Just for the movie.

Oh, and the movie?

All i can say is .....AMERICAN MUSCLE BABY!!!
They had the Charger from the first movie, Looked like a 70 Chevelle, a Ford Torino, and a couple of supped up trucks. But the best part is, is when all the rice gets smashed.

Instead of calling it F+F4, they should have called it F+F 2 1/2. It pics up after they have all left L.A. It kinda explains a few things from F+F3.

I had read that depending on the success of this movie, there would be a F+F5. Who knows if there will be. But as for me. I love the movie. Especially since it wasn't centered around tuned up rice.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Arrow Thanks `J.J. 4-$ure : )

J.J.,
Thanks 4 taking time to post/share your review, I really want to see this one 4-Sure
Below are some pic's & vid's (4-Free: )

Fast & Furious Trailers & Video Clips (14 videos)

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809989992/video/12783715

- Get Zome PopCorn, kick back & click above to EnJoy
the Vid's - :p

Old 04-06-2009, 08:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

NP Space.

I plan to see this one again in about 2 weeks.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hate all the F&F movies. They take cars that just have looks and no performance and make them seem fast. I remember reading when frankie munez bought that orange THING from the movie, they did a spec build on it and it was really slow haha.

Plus, whenever those movies come out, so do the ****ty cars and stupid drivers. I try to stay away from any movie theatres or major highways the first 2 weeks those movies come out. I don't need some stupid ricer attempting to drift their FWD 87 hatch with rust holes larger than their grills into my car.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i really want to see this movie, maybe tomorrow night if i can talk the wife into going, its cheapie night tomorrow here

Old 04-06-2009, 09:38 AM

I saw it on saturday, not bad at all, but like chibiblacksheep said, it seems like all them 17year olds there think that they can do all those stunts..

This lil punk *** kid figured he didnt have to stop his car while people were walking out of the theatre, rubbing my coat as he went by (lucky for him he made out of the parking lot without stoping)

Old 04-06-2009, 12:11 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I haven't seen F,F,F or "F" to the 4th power. No real plans to unless it's hit T.V.

When F,F 3 came out there was some guy showing a 1st generation Monte around here painted up like the one in the movie. I only saw the car 2, maybe 3 times before it disappeared.

I too am not a real fan of the Fast N The Furries movies although I've watched them.

I'm waiting on............
http://www.startrekmovie.com/

And my girlfriend Debbie wants to see Hugh Jackman (I think I've got some competition?)
http://wolverine-trailer.blogspot.com/

Old 04-06-2009, 12:17 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I'm not into these movies either. I think it just encourages street racing which is very stupid.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:38 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The movie goes WAAAyyy over the top with the computer generated stunts. Thats why I like car chase movies of old... where if you wanted a stunt, you had to actually pull off the stunt.

And yes, that was a 1970 Chevelle SS454... how could you have missed that JJ..... lol~lol.

The muscle cars were an 80- something Monte Carlo (too modded out to see exactly what), a 70 Chevelle, a 68 Charger, a 72 Gran Torino (bad guys car), a 72 Camaro (bad guys car)... thats all I can remember off the top of my head.

Although I watched hte film with a friend hwo just HAD to see it and another friend who stands on teh same ground as me... I thought it was a good plot, but I could not get into the cars and action portrayed in the movie.

And I can't get over how unauthentic any movie portrays an 18 wheeler. In the first seens, as soon as that girl chopped the airlines ot one of those tanker trailers, eveyr wheel on the truck would have locked up.

Quick Reply: "Fast & Furious"