Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

- F.B.I. -

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default - F.B.I. -

[align=center][/align][align=center]Hello Member's[/align][align=center]Space Thoughts 04-29-08[/align][align=center]I believe we should lead by example, and before[/align][align=center]we go to other countries to fight, we should first win the[/align][align=center]War in our country. We need to[/align][align=center]fight the war on crime/drugs/poverty/health-care/economy etc.[/align][align=center]I'm doing a report on how crime is affecting business in the USA,[/align][align=center]and it sad what a owner has to do to protect his business : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]As MemberDustyBird3 - Becky - posted,[/align][align=center]we should not have to put locks on our gas tanks,[/align][align=center]bars on our windows, etc.. Be afraid to travel in any[/align][align=center]parts of our country. Orlando, Florida (Mickey Mouse Country),[/align][align=center]should not be rated the 11th highest crime area in the USA.[/align][align=center]We must unite, and fine/elect competent leaders.[/align][align=center]We must all get involved.[/align][align=center]I want a muscle car, I want fuel to enjoy `it : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Do you feel safe where you live ? Would you feel[/align][align=center]safe in the inner cities of your state ?[/align][align=center]What are you doing to make it better ? I ask myself ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Is you Monte Carlo safe on the street ? It should `be...[/align][align=center]Your friends/family/associates should feel `safe, and be worry `free,[/align][align=center]but we are not [X(][/align][align=center]Below is a link to the FBI site, and on page one[/align][align=center]is the crime stat's : ( Not a pretty Story.[X(][/align][align=center]I want to get married in my future, and have children,[/align][align=center]and I want a safe world for them to learn & grow.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks for reading, post your thoughts/comments/solutions.[/align][align=center]I just listened to the World news, & it seems to be getting[/align][align=center]worse everytime I listen...United we Win, divided, we lose.[/

Old 04-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Default RE: - F.B.I. -

[align=center][/align][align=center]Alien from outer `Space[/align][align=center]aka: SpaceRider[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Last seen on the Space Coast of Florida, and[/align][align=center]Surf'in in the Atlantic Ocean.[/align][align=center]Space Craft found, and recovered.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]ReWard of $1.00 for his capture.[/align][align=center]Last seen driving a Black Corvette @ high speed[/align][align=center]on Beach Line Express.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I rather `laugh, then `cry, wish the reader a `Happy Day/Life[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/F7D33484B72A4A7A923A0173AC9AD269.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-29-2008, 08:47 AM

You're absolutely right. We need to fight domestic terrorism. We've put this "face" to terrorism and that "face" is anyone from the middle east. THAT IS SAD. I have a friend her dad is Iranian-American and her mom is white, and she looks like her dad and AT A CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY has been called a terrorist, camel jockey, towel head, satan worshipper (even though she's a very devout Christian). Terrorism as defined by Merriam-Webster is this: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion. We have more of this in America every day hurting our own people than we do overseas. That is why I am becoming a police officer-to deter and prevent crime and terrorism in my country. My brother is fighting terrorism in Iraq, I'm fighting it here. This "face" that we've put on terrorism, is ridiculous. Every rapist, murderer, burgular, and violent criminal is a terrorist because they somehow coerced their victims.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:22 PM

[align=center]Hi Ryan,[/align][align=center]I wish you a safe career, and a safe return of your brother from the `war.[/align][align=center]I respect our law enforcement officers, and our military personnel.[/align][align=center][sm=americanasmiley.gif][/align][align=center]We need capable/honest/brave people in those professions.[/align][align=center]I wish you and your family the best in life.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Even in the isolated area that I live, I see the increase in crimes.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center] I hope there are many that pursue your career, to serve & protect.[/align][align=center]One of the student I attended college with is a police officer, and[/align][align=center]he stated that he is a human garbage collector : ([/align][align=center]That's sad, but `true : ( He also said that he is a target for all criminals.[/align][align=center]I don't know `if I could be a police officer in today's world, but I am[/align][align=center]happy that there are those that choose that as their profession.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I will just do my best to obey the laws in our country, and help[/align][align=center]all those that I can, that are hurting.[/align][align=center]Thanks for your post, and your future service to the people.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center]Oh, I don't like the officer thatis behind me[/align][align=center]withhis lights `on even `if I was wrong, or got caught : )[/align]

Old 04-29-2008, 12:49 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I believe a place is as safe as you make it. My town has a high crime index as well... so does Henderson (our sister city). If you just keep your nose clean and don't go looking for trouble, you probably won't find it. Same at my school... it's more violent than the state average, but I haven't had a single write up for a fight or anythign to that nature. A place is really only as safe as you make it 'Space.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Enforce the 2nd amendment.

Ever been to a gun show?

Guess what, there's never any violence there because everyone is carrying a gun.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:18 PM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

Enforce the 2nd amendment.

Ever been to a gun show?

Guess what, there's never any violence there because everyone is carrying a gun.

LOL ~ LOL GP `Dave,
Yes there is violence @ a gun show
It's a Jungle out there....There's Bad People EveryWhere : )
We can't even be safe @ a Gun Show : ) LOL
Sorry, the bum's & I thought it was funny,
but we believe in the 2nd Amend : )
Wish U a `Happy
[:-]
[align=center][/align][align=center]
Gun Guy Robbed at Gun Show

Finally today, clear proof that firearms simply don't protect anything. They don't prevent crime, and even with training and experience, when it happens, they don't stop it.
[blockquote]
Authorities are searching for three of four men who pistol-whipped a 59-year-old man who was leaving the Orange County Gun Show and then stole more than 12 of his weapons, according to police.
Investigators said Gary McAdams from Georgia was visiting Central Florida for Sunday's gun show when he was attacked by the four men near his Ford F-150 in the fairground parking lot.
Officers said the men were apparently cruising around the gun show looking for a victim.
"They targeted McAdams possibly because his Ford F-150 was towing a trailer, but police are not sure if the men knew there were eight rifles and six handguns inside," Local 6's Jessica Sanchez said.
McAdams was beaten and then his pickup was stolen.[/blockquote]
So let's review exactly where the gun guys get things wrong (they're all over the place in this one).
1. Criminals, we thought, were supposed to stay away from gun owners. That's what concealed weapons laws are for, right? Wrong. These guys were "cruising around the gun show" looking for a target. They flocked straight to the guns.
2. Guns are supposed to be protection against crime. McAdams is a gun guy (we assume he's trained and experienced with his firearms, since he has 12 in his car), and yet not a single one of his guns helped him. Fortunately, he wasn't killed, but his guns didn't do a thing for him.
3. And finally, the myth that guns owned by "law-abiding gun owners" are harmless. These firearms were owned by a "law-abiding gun owner," and not only were they no use at all, they also caused harm, because they ended up in the hands of people who shouldn't have them.
[blockquote]
McAdams called 911 on a cell phone after the crime and officers found the men unloading the guns on Mercy Drive.
"It was obvious the men did not know how to use (the guns)," Sanchez said. "One of the rifles accidentally went off in the trailer."
Police said Jerry Griffin, 18, was found hiding in a nearby lake and taken into custody in connection with the incident but three other men remain at large.
Most of the guns were recovered by police, the report said.[/blockquote]
The NRA can't hide behind its ad campaign any longer. Guns aren't for protection, they don't prevent crime, and they are never, ever safe, no matter who owns them or is holding them. Incidents like this show exactly how true that really is.
[URL=http://www.gunguys.com/?p=1694][u][color=#810081]http:

Old 04-29-2008, 02:38 PM

[align=center]

The World Without Weapons[/align][align=center]by Pablo Picasso
A world without weapons
Alex Nataros
Look to the person next to you. Maybe you know them; maybe they’re a distant acquaintance or just a complete stranger.
Now imagine they have a gun. Maybe they’re carrying it, maybe not. You don’t know.
What thoughts go through your mind? Is it fear? Intimidation? Powerlessness? Somehow the natural order has been changed. No longer are you equals — you are at the whim of the armed; the mercy of the gun.
While it may be difficult to imagine as Canadians, for all too many people worldwide, this is the harsh reality of everyday existence. Armed guards tote AK-47s on every street corner, child soldiers yield guns that stand taller than them while drugged by the latest cocktail, and men torment their wives at the barrel of a gun.
660 million guns worldwide. That’s nearly one for every 10 people on this planet; add to that 10 bullets for each person, and there’s a deadly combination.
Lawlessness and conflict, fuelled by the small arms trade, characterises current events in Haiti, Sudan, and countless regions globally.
In Haiti, anarchy reigns, with an AK-47 cheaper than most goods in the market. While a recent election casts a glimmer of hope, everyday life continues to be dominated by armed gangs and absolute poverty. A UN peacekeeping force, which includes some Canadians, is virtually helpless.
In Darfur, the western region of Sudan, crimes against humanity — including systematic rape and murder — characterised by many as genocide, have killed over 200,000 since 2003, and displaced over two million people, including over 30,000 in the past month alone. A government-backed and -armed militia, the janjaweed, has been terrorising civilians and attacking displacement camps.
Yet there’s something strange about this. Neither Haiti nor Sudan, nor many developing countries, produce small arms — any weapon that can be used by an individual. Instead, they are supplied by the world’s wealthiest countries — the U.S., France, China, Russia, Britain, and yes, even Canada — an arms trade worth over $22 billion per year.
The Control Arms campaign, launched by Oxfam and Amnesty International, is pushing to collect one million faces of support for an Arms Trade Treaty. Such a treaty, so far endorsed by the European Union and a number of other countries, would prevent countries like Canada and the U.S. from supplying arms to widespread violators of human rights law (in times of peace) and international humanitarian law (in times of war).
[b][font="times new roman"][size=4]And let’s not kid ourselves. Wh

Old 04-29-2008, 03:01 PM

I don't think we will ever get rid of all the guns here in the US. Only the honest, law-abiding citizens would turn theirs in. The criminals would never give theirs up. It's how they make their living. Same argument I use for not abolishing welfare - even though it is certainly widely abused, the people abusing wouldn't go out and get a job ifwelfare was suddenly taken away from them. It's not how their mind thinks. They would simply become thiefs, robbers, drug dealers, etc. It wouldn't even enter their mind to get a job.

I live in a small East Texas town where I grew up, and know everybody.I feel perfectly safe here. But, 25 miles down the road is a large town, and I wouldn't go in parts of it during the middle of the day, much less at night. I have been studying martial arts for years now, and even with all the training, people ask me what I'd do if I was jumped by 3 or 4 bad guys. And my answer is always the same - I'd run, like everyone else should do! There is no "magic" move or"special" strike to use against a group of people trying to hurt you.Just get out of there ASAP! Like Cowboy said,I try not to put myself in a position where something bad can happen to me. I don't bother anyone, and don't want anyone bothering me.My old uncle, who lived by himself in the woodsused to say, "I ain't a aiming to bother no one, unless they bother me first."

I carry a gun with me when I travel. You never know who you might come across, and I'd rather have it with me than wish I had it with me. My protection, and the safety of my family comes first and foremost. If we only lived in a perfect world......

Old 04-29-2008, 03:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Thousands of Gun shows.

Hundreds of thousands of visitors.

A handful of incidents doesn't make them dangerous.