Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Excited!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Excited!

Can't really help it i'm supper excited for the next few weeks, will be getting new tires for the pace car and some detailing stuff!

Decided on perilli p4's

I will be ordering a new DA, going to get a new porter cable(been fighting on getting old one warrenteed, i'd love to get a rupes but that price tag

And will be ordering the meguiars Microfiber correction stuff,

Going to add more paint correction to my detailing services, so these will pay for themselves in not time!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good deal, nothing like new shoes for the Monte. Why did you decide on them? Performance reviews, cost / combination?? They look very nice, may they live long and prosper... or protect.

Nice gear upgrade for you, any tips on swirl removal? I use a yellow buffing pad then a black polishing pad. Seems like one has to get a feel for the whole process on pad saturation and pressure. Do you put the product on the car or on the pad before buffing etc. ?

I really like Meguiars Ultimate wax and their Clay Bar Kit. Use Jax Wax Swirl remover. But it seems like there are always extra fine swirls remaining, is this just the way it is, no one can never remove 100% of the swirl marks?

Old 02-09-2013, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Good deal, nothing like new shoes for the Monte. Why did you decide on them? Performance reviews, cost / combination?? They look very nice, may they live long and prosper... or protect.

Nice gear upgrade for you, any tips on swirl removal? I use a yellow buffing pad then a black polishing pad. Seems like one has to get a feel for the whole process on pad saturation and pressure. Do you put the product on the car or on the pad before buffing etc. ?

I really like Meguiars Ultimate wax and their Clay Bar Kit. Use Jax Wax Swirl remover. But it seems like there are always extra fine swirls remaining, is this just the way it is, no one can never remove 100% of the swirl marks?
Chose the tires becuase i wanted a good all season tire as my car is my dd,
Reviews played a part in it but the real seller to me is they are a good bang for my buck,
Treadware 760, temp b traction a 85k warantee
And about $550 installed,

I am a bit of a meguiars *****, love it and the availibility locally at most auto parts stores is nice instead of having to wait for it to ship, i use majority the professional like

I am just starting to get into the correction side of things to this point i have mainly been doing production style(clean, seal and wax)

There are soo many variables when it comes to correction, paint hardness(if am not mystaken gm is usually a hard) speed, pressure, depth of what your trying to correct,

Sounds kind of like to me you may need to play with speed and pressure some,

Make sure your cleaning your pad between each panel, they have brushes, or use a terry cloth and use your hand to put pressure on the pad pulling the product off and contaminates that may have been pulled up while correcting,

Being i am a meguiars fan i have been reading up on the m105/m205 correction process which ultimate compount is actually dirived from M105 sound like you get more work time and is a little more user friendly,

Along with m21 sealant the consumer product version is ntx2.0

I suggest spending a good amount of time on autogeek.net and meguiarsonline.com
Soooo much info on both thos sites,

Old 02-09-2013, 08:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Bud,
Im going to be in your neck of the woods in august...How close are you to Rick?
Were heading to Yellowstone national park..But were takeing the long way around up thru Minnesota, North dakota etc...
Were definately stopping for a cpl days at a KOA thats about 15 mins from Rick... Maybe we can all hook up?
Besides if its possible... I will pay you to detail out my Silverado while were there if we can make that happen? Interested?

Old 02-09-2013, 10:06 AM
10 Year Member

I am about 45min to an hr south of rick(depends on traffic) that would be cool!

Old 02-09-2013, 10:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

Woo new stuff!! I like the new tires I could use some on my 18's.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:58 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by zzapultimate
Woo new stuff!! I like the new tires I could use some on my 18's.
gatta love tax time lol

Woo appointment made, 3:30 is my apointment, so excited the fact that i can get this done today since it is suppost to snow tomarow!

Old 02-09-2013, 11:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Those look like nice tires. I would like to try to squeeze some new tires out of our tax money too but i dont think it's gonna stretch that far. We have too many other things to do first.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:06 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Those look like nice tires. I would like to try to squeeze some new tires out of our tax money too but i dont think it's gonna stretch that far. We have too many other things to do first.
Tires where #1 priority for me, mine are SHOT! Got 3 different type of tires on my car, one is starting to get sidewall bubble, one may as well be a slick, 2 are a bit dry rotted, so they are more than due!

we have a list of other stuff we will be taking care of as soon as amy's come, she claimed jack and all that jack so hers is substantialy larger than mine!

Last edited by Budsjlm; 02-09-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:39 PM

Good stuff man. I wish you were in Md. You'd be my detail guy for sure.

Quick Reply: Excited!