Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The End Of An Era

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:36 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default The End Of An Era

Actually............... I'm just feeling nervous. I'm letting the local Chevy dealer work on the '06 Monte right now.

Power steering recall. (free)
Oil/filter change. ($15.95)

I just hope they don't damage the car. (like before)

Old 03-31-2010, 01:23 PM

LoL R.J.
I'm surprised your not sitting at the dealership watching them work on your AweSome Monte , or maybe you hooked `up one of your surveilance camera's to monitor the tech's
Sure hope all goes well for you. I can relate to departing someone/something that you love : ) Keep us updated on how your Monte was returned...I sure hope better....

Last edited by Space; 03-31-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Default just check it over.........

........I know the feeling. When I took mine in for a oil
change a couple of weeks ago; I was like a nervous parent
at a football game. The Oil tech was very careful though
and complementing the engine area. He even wiped the grease
off of the oil filter.
However, better check it for belt buckle scuffs and cigarette
odor......it happens but maybe not this time.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:42 PM

thats why i became a mechanic for a living i didn't like dirty bastards dirtying up my car. and they don't do quality work when it comes to changing oil.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

I have to go to the chevy dealer on saturday for the power steering recall and I'm hoping I can be right there with the car as they fix it! I don't care how long it takes, I just want to see wtf they are doing with my car while it is in their hands..

Old 04-01-2010, 11:06 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by nascar43
........I know the feeling. When I took mine in for a oil
change a couple of weeks ago; I was like a nervous parent
at a football game. The Oil tech was very careful though
and complementing the engine area. He even wiped the grease
off of the oil filter.
However, better check it for belt buckle scuffs and cigarette
odor......it happens but maybe not this time.

thats why i became a mechanic for a living i didn't like dirty bastards dirtying up my car. and they don't do quality work when it comes to changing oil.
All good advice.

So around 2:!0pm, I called to see if the car was done? The dealership has re-adjusted how things are being done there cause now the receptionist was scheduling service work. Before they always forwarded the call to service. But I call, Amber told me, "Yes Mr Lynch your Chevy Monte Carlo is done and ready for pick up."
(so......... why didn't they call me?)

My dad drives me to get the car. He's outside waiting, I get to talking with assistant at the service desk. He wants to know if I know his brother? The service manager comes back and tells me he made sure they took complete care of my car. Just before leaving, on a hunch, I pop the hood. THERE IS OIL EVERYWHERE!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

On the engine cover, on the filler cover overtop the radiator, on the grille.

You better believe before I left I had the service manager cleaning my car.

My poor dad had to come inside to see where I was.

Why does this crap always happen to me???????????????

Old 04-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Default oil change

Originally Posted by rj
All good advice.

My dad drives me to get the car. He's outside waiting, I get to talking with assistant at the service desk. He wants to know if I know his brother? The service manager comes back and tells me he made sure they took complete care of my car. Just before leaving, on a hunch, I pop the hood. THERE IS OIL EVERYWHERE!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

On the engine cover, on the filler cover overtop the radiator, on the grille.

You better believe before I left I had the service manager cleaning my car.

My poor dad had to come inside to see where I was.

Why does this crap always happen to me???????????????

...That's probably because the guy who changed the oil may
be fresh out of Vo-Tech school.......just doesn't care.....is there
just for a paycheck or has seen more Oil Changes than he cares
to think about. You just have to watch some of these places
sometimes.
What happened to the Service that Our Dad's used to get ?

Old 04-01-2010, 02:40 PM

the last time my monte was in the shop the tch and the manager was p.o. at me because i didnt want to wait in the custimer lounge and they kept saying no custimers in the shop. but the shop door was open on a sunny day so i was standing in the bay door area not quite standing in the bay not quite standing infront or the bay either. the tech wanted to shut the bay door i said if you want me to stand in the bay the door stays open. it ended up being fixed but the tech didnt like me watching him do every thing he wanted to over torqu every thing with a impact gun. on top of that he over filled the power teering resivior i said hell no drain it and fill it to spec. and i rased hell to him where is the detail job that the dealer brags about when work is done. they didnt like me that day

Old 04-01-2010, 03:32 PM

I always hate taking my cars in. I had to take my GXP in for warranty work a couple times (once for a goofed up antenna in the back glass, once for the HVAC not coming on with the remote start)- and sure enough when they replaced the back glass, the guy broke both the back plastic pillars- and used the window glue to replace a couple of the clips. Luckily I found it in the parking lot (I noticed the drivers side was hanging a little low in the front)- stuck my hand back there and got covered in the black crap. Went across the street and cleaned my hands up, then came right back.

So I went back in to the service manager- and she did the exact same thing, lol- that stuff was a nightmare to get off my hands!

Anyways, they ordered both panels brand new- and put it all back to factory (they had an outside glass guy come in to do the work initially).

The upside to that is I got to drive a bunch of different new loaner cars like a La Crosse, Lucerne, and even an SRX once (that was by far the best even though it was a turd). However, I still don't think I'd trust my car going back unless it was something major.

Even right now, my oil pan gasket has a slight leak- losing about 2-3 drops a day out of the rear/back side of it- but I'm torn about whether to take it in or not because I'm not crazy about them goofing more stuff up in the process of fixing it.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:21 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Seems like every time they touch the '06 Monte, they do something to **** me off.

Scratches in the paint. To bare metal.
Greasey foot print on the door panel. Where the tech used his foot to prop the door open.
Scratches in the console. When they replaced the radio/CD player. Tried to say I did them.

Just stupid junk.

Quick Reply: The End Of An Era