Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Dumbass kids

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 12:28 AM
OAC
Default RE: Dumbass kids

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

Theres no fail to it... that's fake....
Actually it's not. M. Davis is probably one of the coolest cops out in Orlando. There is nothing about the thread that is fake. There have been several people that have said they were there and that they saw it.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:59 AM

kinda makes me want to become a cop lol or not

Old 01-22-2009, 07:52 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm not saying the race didn't happen... I'm just saying I thought the post was someone else trying to pull a prank on the man. Is this person on the forum known to be a cop until now?In that case, I do'nt know how Florida law works, but you may have a case for police entrapment if you could prove he knew of the races going on because of the forum and he didn't let the members of the forum thereof know he was a cop.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:34 AM

He is known as a cop on the forum to most of the active members there.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:10 AM
OAC

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

I'm not saying the race didn't happen... I'm just saying I thought the post was someone else trying to pull a prank on the man. Is this person on the forum known to be a cop until now? In that case, I do'nt know how Florida law works, but you may have a case for police entrapment if you could prove he knew of the races going on because of the forum and he didn't let the members of the forum thereof know he was a cop.
Pretty much every cop and street racer know about that spot. Honestly if people are still dumb enough to go out there and race that's their own fault.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:37 AM

5 Year Member

not my point... i could easily say that I am a cop and go to the Street/Strip section and tell someone who got a ticket for street racing that I was the cop and the anonomous internet hides my true identity....

well, not at this point... i'm established as a 19 year old college student

Old 01-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm no legal expert, but I really don't think the cop would be able to print out the thread and use it in court.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:07 PM

its no different than a spoken confession of guilt...

Old 01-23-2009, 06:48 AM

5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Taz

I'm no legal expert, but I really don't think the cop would be able to print out the thread and use it in court.
circumstantial evidence... another reason I say this is fake.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:20 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If he says it's real, I'll go along with it. And here's why I would tend to believe it is. First it's nothing new to have cops as forum members, especially on sites that are frequented by street racers who like to shoot their mouths off and brag, thinking they're invincible. The cop(s) reading the forum doesn't have to print out the threads to bring to court. The braggers give away where they like to go street racing and such. Cop simply has to go to those spots and wait for them. The next time they get caught, they're toast.

The racer in that thread feels comfortable taunting the cop online because he knows that he can say what ever he wants online. It's up to the cop to catch him doing it. I can post that I drove 100 mph down main street last night. Others online can even go along with it, and say they saw me do it. Doesn't mean I really did it.

Did he really do it? Probably. But until he gets caught red handed, he can (and will) go online and laugh about it.

But Duane does bring up a good point. Mostonline bragging is a load of crap.

Quick Reply: Dumbass kids