Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes : )
41.67%
No : (
58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

- Do you think `Life is Fair ? -

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default - Do you think `Life is Fair ? -

I just received this in an email from my grandfather
(he lives next door to me : )
I share his message for your opinions.
`Space

[hr]

Bill Gates' Message on Life
For recent high school and college graduates, here is a list of 11 things they did not learn in school.
In his book, Bill Gates talks about how feel-good, politically-correct teachings created a full generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.
RULE 1......Life is not fair; get used to it.
RULE 2......The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.
RULE 3......You will NOT make 40 thousand dollars a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice president with a car phone, until you earn both.
RULE 4......If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss. He doesn't have tenure.
RULE 5......Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for burger flipping; they called it opportunity.
RULE 6......If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.
RULE 7......Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you are. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parents' generation, try "delousing" the closet in your own room.
RULE 8......Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life has not. In some schools they have abolished failing grades; they'll give you as many times as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.
RULE 9......Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summer off and very few employers are interested in helping you find yourself. Do that on your own time.
RULE 10.....Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
RULE 11.....Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
I think I should have stayed in School [X(]
Members, post what you think!

Old 07-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: - Do you think `Life is Fair ? -

i think life is what you make it, yah some things aren't always fair, but more than not it is

Old 07-16-2007, 07:17 AM

ORIGINAL:
wiz kidd

i think life is what you make it, yah some things aren't always fair, but more than not it is
`Amen -Space-

Old 07-16-2007, 07:28 AM

Totally 100% Agreed. "Some times life throws you lemons, you just have to make lemonade outta them".

Hopefully that lemon is not a Monte Carlo.. lol

Old 07-16-2007, 07:39 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: 06LT3

Totally 100% Agreed. "Some times life throws you lemons, you just have to make lemonade outta them".

Hopefully that lemon is not a Monte Carlo.. lol
[/align][align=center]LOL...Good One `Gabe: )[/align]

Lemon Law Information and Sites

Monday, July 16, 2007
[:-]Click for lemon laws [:-]
http://autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_Lemon.html

Old 07-16-2007, 10:03 AM

haha u askin the wrong person space, dont forget my entire paycheck not to mention my house, and everything is gone pretty much just to keep my grandmother alive so ATM life isnt fair but it'll get better someday

Old 07-16-2007, 07:05 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My experience,

Life may be fair sometimes but generally it's not. And just when you're down & out it has a habit of reaching up and smacking you right in the teeth when you least expect it.

To show my old geezer-ness befoe a lot of you were born I had a somewhat good paying job at a tool & die shop. It was the 1980s and I was in my 20s. I worked at this shop for 8.5 years and lost my job due tendonitis of the right wrist (right intersection syndrome is what the hand doctor called it) It's due to repetative motion like carpal tunnel but in the wrist.

After I sat around for a year waiting on Worker's Comp to make up their minds and I got a real nice letter from y employer saying I was fired, I had surgery and tried to go back to my job. Since the owner's son had a wild hair for me they told me:
1. My job level would be cut by two levels.
2. My pay would be cut $2/hour.
3. I would be on 90 days probation.

So I decided to put myself through college. So I could finally get a good paying job. In the meantime since I wasn't working my g/f at the time decided to throw me out. I had no place to go and so I lived in my car. (the cops loved me)

What's the moral of my story? Life doesn't always unflod like you expect it to.

And here it is years later. I work for UPS. I go to work every single day and thank God I have a job. A lot of people don't!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 07:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

As a famous person once said:

"We are all born with a hole in our heart. That whole is in the shape of _____."

What you fill in the blank determines how you deal with what lifethrows at you.

-GPD Philosophy 101

Old 07-17-2007, 09:06 PM

life is not fair

Old 07-18-2007, 03:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: 07MonteSS

life is not fair
Wow, I'm not even going to ask.

Quick Reply: - Do you think `Life is Fair ? -