Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Do you Race on the Street or Track ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 08:47 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Do you Race on the Street or Track ?

[align=center][/align][align=center]Member's,[/align][align=center]Have you everRaced your Monte Carlo on the Street ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If so, do you have any rules ? Conditions ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If Not, why ? Please post `ok[/align][align=center]Thanks[/align][align=center]Below is a previous post by `Space[/align][align=center]Topic: Do you Street Race ?[/align][align=center](It's didn't have a poll link)[/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_42679/tm.htm[/align][align=center][:-] [:-] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center] [:-][/align]

Old 11-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
Default RE: Do you Race on the Street or Track ?

Used to street race back when I was young and stupid. Now that I'm old and stupid, and we have killer street racing laws in Ontario, I don't race. There's also no track around here anymore, and there's so much road construction traffic moves at a crawl.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Yes... I am one of those fools that will race on the street.

Man... Ityped out two paragraphs justifying it, how I do it safely... Read it, thought about it, and said to myself, THAT IS A LIE!

There is no safe way to race or drive fast on the street without putting others in danager. I think I drive safely, because I have taken defensive driving courses. So while I know how to handle a car,do power spins, drifting, etc., -- I even know how to pivot cars and how to avoid being pivoted, NO ONE CAN CONTROL all the conditions on the road (unseen pothole, garage can rolling out in the street, a plastic garage blowing across your windshield, etc.) that could cause you to loose control and cause an accident.

SPACE... You made me think about it! Joy Kill... teasing

Old 11-22-2007, 10:10 AM

I would love to race at a track but to me it is not worth driving 3 hours to race on it. If there was a closer one i would be there every weekend with out a doubt.

so yes i race on the street and yes i know it is stupid but just the high i get off doing it is the greatest thing to me right now.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:11 AM

Mod `Taz, & Member BlackAttack `Craig,
Thanks for your posts, & honesty, it's refreshing : )
I just believe that the majority will race `if the conditions
are right, but I also don't believe in street racing with traffic.
There still are enough back roads that are empty with
no people/traffic = = = =to line them `up.
Sure it's still a gamble, but the risk are way lower, then
racing on city streets or Interstates.
I keep learning as I travel my highways of `life.
Some lessons are harder, and more expensive then others.
Thanks everyone for your post/contributions to the
MCF, and this Topic : )
Peace Out

Old 11-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: 2000_BLACK_SS

so yes i race on the street and yes i know it is stupid but just the high i get off doing it is the greatest thing to me right now.
But is it worth your life or someone else's? Or is it worth becoming a "vegetable"?

Stay safe.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:13 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Do you Race on the Street?

Yes I have. And it IS dangerous!!!!!

There's a drag strip like an hour from me. (embarressed to admit)
http://www.kilkare.com/

I know it's wrong to street race and I know I shouldn't do it but it's tough to remember when you're getting a white Rustang GTshoved up your @$$ or a jerk in Nissan laughing at your Monte cause he thinks his Ricer is going to eat your car. You know you want to wipe that smile right off his (mommy & daddy bought my car) face.

Don't listen to me people. It'll get you in serious trouble. Stay safe. If you want to race take it to the track.

Old 11-22-2007, 11:16 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I only race on deserted back roads. Friends of mine only race on the interstate because "It's safer man, wide open" I 'm like, "yeah, everybody else is out there and so are the cops." We've got a copule of back roads that have no houses and a perfectly straight stretch around here.. I race on them occasionally. So far I haven't lost on this one road . I do race on the track some too, there is an 1/8 mile about 25 mins from me. Most people do have a track within na hour or so of them, maybe not a big 1/4 mile (nearest one to me is an hour and a half), but they just may not know about it becasue it isn't very publicized.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:13 PM

yes i street race but we find a back road...as everyones been saying its not safe and i agree but i still do it, not sure y but i still do

Old 11-23-2007, 09:10 PM

yep.....still doing the track and the street. it's hard to get away from the street racing. i been busted once. it was back before they would take your car if you got caught. had to pay some dough and do 40hrs community service. that sucked! kinda scary now cause i got so much money in my ride. the track is just as fun but the allure of others not knowing just how quick your ride is on the streetkeeps me in it. not to mention the occasional money one could win. wedon'trace anywhere around the community. as far as you can go into the country and still find a smooth straight stretch... thats where we will be.

Quick Reply: Do you Race on the Street or Track ?