Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
I have it, but don't subscribe to it.
72.73%
I have it & use it.
27.27%
I don't have it : (
0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

- Do you have/use OnStar -

Old 03-14-2007, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default - Do you have/use OnStar -

[8D]I have it, but don't subscribe. I had to choose between a cell phone or OnStar.
Members, do you think it's worth the $money ?
Please post your comments & experiences with OnStar..Thanks
Safe & Sound $16.95 a month - $199/year
Directions & Connections: $34.95/month - $399/year
[X(](2 much 4 me) [X(]
[:-]OnStar link below [:-]

Old 03-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: - Do you have/use OnStar -

its in the car...but i dont use it...i dont think i need it...

dont need a computer messaging me when i need to change the oil..lol...i'd just ignore it anyway..lol...

got better things to spend my money on...

just like my car has xm in it...but i dont subscribe to it...not yet anyway..dont know if its worth it

Old 03-14-2007, 01:23 PM

I have the onstar and kept it after the free initial period mainly to have the hands free phone.I did use it once when my remote stopped working for the door lock/unlock.I had onstar unlock the doors to see if the problem was with the remote or the locks themselves.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:36 PM

I didn't subscribe after my free first year. I can see that it has some useful features, but it is
too expensive. Maybe $50.00 a year? What would you be willing to pay yearly for the service?

Rob
2005 LT Metallic Gray

Old 03-14-2007, 02:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Don't use it.

Just curious, ON-STAR offers one free year.

Does this include certified used vehicles also?

I am guessing that it does because they changed the time on my clock.

One thing for sure, by law the 911 must always work, so I know the red button will always be active.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Grandpa Dave,
[hr]

Q.
When does the first-year OnStar subscription begin for owners of a new vehicle?

A. Your first-year subscription starts when you take delivery of your new OnStar-equipped vehicle.

[hr]

You have 2 be the first owner to get free 1st year.
If you are the 2nd owner, then you don't : (
I didn't know about the 911 & that it was still active.
I was hoping that the price would come down. I would like to have it active, if my Monte is everstolen.
My 06 went into Service in May 06
and I purchased it in Sept 06.
When I contacted OnStar, they told me it was only freefor first owners : (
They didn't reset my clock & I'm still look'in for that lost hour of sleep : (
Thanks 4 your post.
Wish U a Safe/Happy Journey w/o OnStar
`Space

Old 03-14-2007, 02:57 PM

My first year is not up until May
Will I keep On Star. Most likely.
Since we will be doing a lot of road trips to PA I think its a good thing to have.
Plus if my check engine light comes on all I have to do is call them to run a check for me.
Dont have to take it to the dealer nor to Autozone to find out what the code is.
We dont live in a high crime area, In the early 90's someone tried to break in and steal my Bonnivlle
they did over 2,000 worth of damage to the car. Inside and out. but did not get the car. Thanks to GM's
thieft system. If they had gotten the car know one knows how long it would have been before we got the car
back nor what condition it would have been in.

The few times that I have called On Star they have been very nice and helpful.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:29 PM

I don't really worry too much about my SS being stolen,at least at home.Our Maine Coon cat usually is sleeping,but he lets you know when someone is coming on the property.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1967/1AB9768F2C594DD5A373330800EB5CFB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1967/527D059BAD074AEA9A699ED7021FC807.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-14-2007, 03:40 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]You have 2 be the first owner to get free 1st year.[/align][align=center]If you are the 2nd owner, then you don't : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Space,[/align][align=center]This can't be true? At least for me it's not.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm using up what was left of the "First year free" right now. [/align][align=center]And I got my '06 after you got your's.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]They (Onstar) has offered me a couple of times 100 minutes for $14.99 on the hands-free calling. I took them up on one offer.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]As for the $16.99/month I'm not sure it's worth the service? [/align][align=center]For one thing.............. Onstar is suppose to email once a month with infor on my car. They don't.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm lucky if I get a mesage from them once every two months.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If I do keep the service it would only be for the fact they can un-lock my car door if I lock myself out. And they can give directions in the event I need them.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 03-14-2007, 04:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Grandpa Dave, [/align]

[hr]

Q.
When does the first-year OnStar subscription begin for owners of a new vehicle?

A. Your first-year subscription starts when you take delivery of your new OnStar-equipped vehicle.

[hr]

[align=center]You have 2 be the first owner to get free 1st year.[/align][align=center]If you are the 2nd owner, then you don't : ([/align][align=center]I didn't know about the 911 & that it was still active.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I was hoping that the price would come down. I would like to have it active, if my Monte is everstolen.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My 06 went into Service in May 06[/align][align=center]and I purchased it in Sept 06.[/align][align=center]When I contacted OnStar, they told me it was only freefor first owners : ([/align][align=center]They didn't reset my clock & I'm still look'in for that lost hour of sleep : ([/align][align=center]Thanks 4 your post.[/align][align=center]Wish U a Safe/Happy Journey w/o OnStar[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
1. Then you don't need an active subscription for OnStar to change your time automatically.

2. Press the red button on the mirror and tell me what happens...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: - Do you have/use OnStar -