Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Detailing Business Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/detailing-business-help-20585/)

Jomao_o 05-11-2010 06:20 PM

I wanna be one of your customers, you DO have a mobile detail van don't cha?
Cuz i live near by, Maryland. :D

mak330 05-11-2010 08:03 PM

wow 30 bucks for my whole interior
thats amazing.

how do you make money off that when you have to buy the product. plus hours involved.

to answer your ?, yes i think those are amazing prices, but i also think that you wont make any profit. maybe for a company thats established and buys product at cost, and by the 55 gallon drum. plus you have to pay rent/morgage.

there are a lot of ppl that want a clean car but hate to do the work. you would get great business uf your albe to keep those prices.

SpinEm_90 05-11-2010 08:12 PM

lol well jose come over to missouri sometime =p
& yeah i've had people ask me bout the whole profit thing so i'm still toying with the prices but i think i'm on the right track so far. I gotta week or so still to mess with everything & all

04MonteLS 05-11-2010 08:55 PM

I have my own detailing business and noticed one service missing from your roster, polishing! I don't know how skilled you are and if you're planning on using a machine doing all this by hand but I would highly suggest you add polishing to your services. Especially on those packages where you clay the car. However, doing so has it's pros/cons. Some of the pros are:

Better results
More of a money maker
Easier to upsale a package

Cons

More time consuming
Another product to carry
Can unreasonably raise expectations (depending on how you explain expected results)

I think anybody can wash/wax a car, but how many can make paint that seemingly has no hope look brand new again? That's what will set you apart from the pack. This is what I specialize in.

If you're going to add polishing to your menu, you will definitely need to inspect the car to determine what you will need to do to get the results the client wants. But if polishing is going to be left off, you're good as is.

Good luck, hope this venture works out for you and let me know if you have any questions.

AwesomeSS 05-11-2010 09:05 PM

Ya if the customer doesn't expect to get deep scratches out then you have everything covered. Wet sanding and buffing with a machine (not an orbital) buffer is the only way to get deep scratches and really bad swirl marks out of the paint.

SpinEm_90 05-11-2010 09:07 PM

kk thanks! yeah when i said buffing & all I also meant polishing, idk why i left it off lol. i have my eyes on a polisher that my buddy on the GM Forum is selling so I'll prob get that once I get the money & my dad already has a buffer that works wonders on both the paint & headlights

AwesomeSS 05-11-2010 09:07 PM

So you will be offering your client a very clean car but not a show room new car - you need to make sure the client understands that.

SpinEm_90 05-11-2010 09:08 PM

yeah dont worry i will bcuz i dont want any problems to rise up & all ya know

Enzo354 05-11-2010 10:36 PM

I say add an option to every package where for an extra $75 you do all of that, but in a bikini. :D !!!!! You would just rake in the dough haha.

SpinEm_90 05-11-2010 10:55 PM

lol ohh yeah i'm sure i would but that would be soooo awkward to do that around the employees & most of all my dad