Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Decal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Default Decal?

We should get some small decals made for our back windshield, maybe? Nothing big, just a small one we can put on the bottom like www.MonteCarloForum.com

Old 09-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Default RE: Decal?

Boost was working on some, didn't pay much attention as I'm not much for sticking things on my car but here's the post...

https://montecarloforum.com/m_77053/tm.htm

Old 09-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think it's safe to say that Boost isn't doing them.

I was thinking of trying to get some made up, but don't know what font or size to use. Boost deleted his samples.

I was thinking of maybe using the font from one of the generations of Monte Carlo badges. Preferrably one of the fancy looking ones. Problem being those fonts are proprietary and almost impossible to find. I would like the words "Forum.com" to be the exact same font as "Monte Carlo". Just being close would look half *** IMO.

I remember one member had the words "Forum.com" in a font extremely close to the 6th gen badge, lettered just below the factory "Monte Carlo" badge. It looked decent on his car, and was relatively cheap considering he only needed to add the "Forum.com" next to the existing badges. But I don't think it would look right on other gens.

Anyway, if people are serious about this, there are a number of questions to consider.

Design? Do we go with just the name of the site, or do we add a graphic of some kind. We don't really have a site logo like NMCOA does.

Size?

Color or Black & White?

Font? Got to keep it easy to read so people can read it aswe pass them. LOL

Add a little blank area to put your name maybe?

I've never done this before, but I'm willing to give it a try if it's not going to cost a ton of money.

Mickey told me that the site used to have some years ago, but they're long gone now. His was on his Monte when he sold it, so his is gone now too. If anyone still has one or a good picture of one, please post it.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:09 AM

Maybe just do the name of the site inside of a chevy bowtie with our member name

Old 09-13-2008, 09:19 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've got two of the now goen MonteCarloForum.com decals on my Montes.

I can post a pic or two if needed.

I vote for something simple as well. No need for space to put your name on the decal in my book. First anyone you get into an altercation with on the road has a chance to see your name. Whether you know you pissed this guy off or not??????

Old 09-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

RJ...
Could you please post a pic or two of the old forum decal? I've never seen it. It may just be better to reproduce the original.

How big is it?

Old 09-13-2008, 07:37 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Taz, I believe the old decals are 11" long?

I attached both to the rear, quarter window of my '86 LS & '06 LTZ Montes.

I'll snap a couple pics and get them posted. Hopefully tomorrow.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:38 AM

I think the chevy bowtie with montecarloforum.com would be a nice idea.

I've been trying to find a chevy stick or something that i can place over my third brake light that is see through. so when you hit the the brakes, people see an outline of it, and can make out the words.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

The chevy bowtie idea sounds good. I'm not sure if I'm 100% sold on the idea, but it is growing on me. Lots of people shave the bowties off their cars for a reason. But here's one that I mocked up really quickly. The decal would be in the shape of the bowtie with the border in black with black lettering. Although we could change the color of the border to some other color. For example, a red bowtie border with black lettering might give a less "cheap" look.

The lettering would most likely be a different font. That was the fanciest pre-loaded font I could find. I can search around for something better.

I'm still wondering if it would just be better to re-create the original site stickers.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2963/97D47B9222B145D3B6F3717672E615A2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2963/06D579F93E44497CAB4CC8EB4E55025A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-14-2008, 12:58 PM

The black lettering would be good Taz but it would be kind of hard to read if it was on a window and im sure a lot of people have tint on their windows so it would be even harder to read... I like the idea of a red one with white lettering

Quick Reply: Decal?