Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Dealing with separation...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 10:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Unhappy Dealing with separation...

Hey guys. So my b/f is leaving tomorrow to go to Missouri for 6 months to get basic training to be a MP. I saw him for the last time today for probably at least until Christmas, that is if he is able to come up to where my parents live and spend the Holidays with us. I know this is a really weird thing to be posting on a car forum but I'm still having problems making "friends" down here and I just don't know how to deal with it. I've been a mess ever since he left me today and all I want to do is sit down and cry my eyes out. Like I know what he is doing is great for himself and America but it's still hard knowing that he is 800ish miles away from me and I don't have the ability to just call or text him anymore. If any of you guys have any advice or helpful comment I would really appreciate it

Old 10-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Smile

You go to school? Get to know the students, best place to make friends. You have a job? You probably get to know employees about as well as other students in school, another awesome place to make friends. Know of any clubs or concerts or shows playing near by? Plenty of people out there like you who are looking for social interaction. Go do something social and fun, take your mind off of it. Or, if you need to be alone for awhile, go cruising! I love cruising around town at midnight, just driving, just thinking, really eases the mind.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:04 PM

The short term pain will be worth the long term gain

Old 10-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

brittany, you always have us, keep in touch here, also did you get the job at the vet, you'll find friends soon, i'm sure of it, hang in there. the weather down there is awesome, atleast you won't be stuck inside during the winter like me, this is the only thing i'll be doing. but i always have my stanley cup champion penguins and super bowl winning steelers to be excited about. and yes i know your a st louis blues fan..

Old 10-13-2009, 08:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Brittany,

It can be hard to break a routine, such as seeing your b/f as much as you have been. But with time you will start to build new routines. Time to find ways to occupy your time and really start to just talk with the people around you. Since you now are available more, maybe you can start hanging out with new / more people.

As others have said though, it's very much worth the long term gain. I went through this when my g/f went overseas to London for 4 months. It was a very long 4 months, but it was well worth seeing her again

Old 10-13-2009, 09:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Yeah you guys are right. And yes I do have a job now at a vet clinic which is keeping me pretty busy at the moment. And i'm part of a couple organizations at the school and then i'm apart of a local car organization and i'm thinking about making my own organization for the school. So yeah I'll be pretty busy but it's still gonna be hard knowing that I can't call him with any exciting news that I may have or if I get upset about something I don't have him to talk about it anymore ya know. I know I got you guys to talk to but I'm sure y'all will get sick of my rants soon enough lol. I'm going to a car meet this weekend and I know people are gonna be asking me where he is and I know its gonna tear me apart inside but he called me from his hotel a couple hours ago and he seems really happy so I guess I should just stop feeling so down about it and be happy that he is happy.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Awesome news about the job Brittany! And see, your already getting the hang of this positive attitude! It will be fine!

Old 10-13-2009, 09:50 PM

We never get tired of listening and helping each other out. What doesn't kill yo will make you stronger.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

brittany the people/ my freinds here actually help me out also, i'm glad i bought a monte carlo and found this place, i try and stay away, but i always like to see what everyone else is doing on here. you'll be ok and you may get lonely at times but the MCF is open 24/7, not sure about christmas yet, this is my first year but i'm sure someone will be here!! god i hope so?

Old 10-13-2009, 10:03 PM

Chris I will be in and out on Christmas especially in the evening to wish you a merry christmas.

Quick Reply: Dealing with separation...