Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Craigslist Winner

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 06:24 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Craigslist Winner

Has any one herd of 'craigslist winner of the day'? Apparently i was new york's november 4th winner of the day.Had my choice of $1000.00 gift card to walmart,$1000.00 visa card,or an ipad.Went to claim my $1000.00 visa card(was gonna use for new exhaust and air intake(: ) but the school labtop had the site to claim my prize blocked. Has anyone herd of a craigslist winner?

Old 11-04-2011, 06:41 PM

I've never heard of it. I'd be careful because it could be a scam.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:46 PM

It was on a school computer so wasnt able to get it anyways.Wish it was real and i had a grand to put towards my monte

Old 11-04-2011, 07:26 PM

If this was a Craigslist promotion they would advertise it to get something more from their promotion. Although Craigslist is a worldwide site they refuse to operate like a global company. For some reason they want their ads to stay in the region in which they are generated. As soon as some other website organizes the craigslist ads so that regional and national searches can be done Craigslist makes them stop. I don't really understand why because searching for things like cars and parts are better done with national searches.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

i would certainly say its a scam, i see that stuff all the time and its almost always a scam.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:52 PM

It's a scam came up on my dell before it got a virus and killed it lol and I'm pretty sure its one of those where you go to claim it n they try to get u to buy subscriptions to things.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:00 PM

Oh well good to know in case it ever happens again!

Old 11-04-2011, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
If this was a Craigslist promotion they would advertise it to get something more from their promotion. Although Craigslist is a worldwide site they refuse to operate like a global company. For some reason they want their ads to stay in the region in which they are generated. As soon as some other website organizes the craigslist ads so that regional and national searches can be done Craigslist makes them stop. I don't really understand why because searching for things like cars and parts are better done with national searches.
I hear you. I figure it's only a matter of time before searchtempest gets shut down. Then I'll have to find something else. I don't understand it either to be honest. How are you supposed to look for a car to buy when you don't know where they'll be. All the other car sites lets you search within a certain radius of you, I don't understand why Craigslist won't let someone help people do the same (or come up with something themselves). Of course this is very hypocritical of them when they won't let you make a post for the same item in another region.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
I hear you. I figure it's only a matter of time before searchtempest gets shut down. Then I'll have to find something else. I don't understand it either to be honest. How are you supposed to look for a car to buy when you don't know where they'll be. All the other car sites lets you search within a certain radius of you, I don't understand why Craigslist won't let someone help people do the same (or come up with something themselves). Of course this is very hypocritical of them when they won't let you make a post for the same item in another region.
I love searchtempest now!!! Its a great why to find monte parts local faster!!

Old 01-05-2012, 12:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah it was probably a phishing scam to get your info or get you to sign up for some junk

Quick Reply: Craigslist Winner