Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Couple topics rolled into one thread

Old 03-21-2010, 07:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Talking Couple topics rolled into one thread

Heyy guys! So I gotta couple things I want to talk to y'all about so I'm just gonna combine it all into this thread to save time & what not

So anyways #1

Totally got a job now been looking for months & no luck so I went out on a limb & decided to apply to the chevy dealership thats maybe about 1 or 2 away from my house. Think I applied there on Friday at around 2ish give or take. That night at round 7ish i was hanging with my bf & i saw that a random number just called me, so I called the person back & it ended up being Jerry Cohea (aka one of the owners of the dealership). He told me that he was interested & all & told me to come in sometime on Saturday to have an interview. So went ice skating (like every Saturday morning) then went to the interview. He seemed impressed & all so I totally got the job as a receptionist I was soooo totally stoked doing the happy dance & saying oh yeah I'm gonna be working at a chevy dealership looking at the brand new camaro sitting right in front of my desk (not to mention the corvettes sitting right outside the front as well ) so yeah I have to go in tomorrow to talk to Mr. Cohea about my schedule & all. I swear maybe I'm crazy but this whole things seems like it was meant to be bcuz I've been applying for months at other places & then I randomly decide to apply here, thinking i wasn't gonna get hired regardless bcuz everyone there is like wayyyy older then me, & then i totally get a call back like 5 hours later. It's all sorts of awesome & crazy to me

Okay moving on since I got that outta my system. #2
So my bf has a 02 Bonneville that we kinda want to play around with (aka mod). So I was wondering if I got a few photos of the car up on here could you guys maybe help me think of some possibilities for it. It's a really nice car & it seems to have potential so who knows

Kk #3 (this is more of a heads-up ordeal)
After I get my car photoshopped with the decals I want on it I will put pics of it on here to get your guys last opinion on it before I officially order them

Does anyone on here know like the process of repainting a license plate filler?

#5 (random movie reviews)
Don't rent the movie Carriers bcuz its totally lame beyond belief
Princess & the Frog is 100 times better then what the commercials make it out to be
Law Abiding Citizen was a pretty good movie, not as good as I thought it would be
Alice in Wonderland was amazinggggg! Not axactly lil kid appropriate though
Remember Me was ehh. Not great but not bad. Probably wont see it again though
Shutter Island was hella confusing! I guess it's one of those movies that you gotta see twice to understand it
New Moon (& other Twilight stuff) is totally overrated lol
Bout to watch Old Dogs so idk how that one is
Never realized how many movies one sees when they have a new bf/gf LOL!

#6 (another heads-up)
Ryan (my bestie with the green mustang) just took off the decals on his stang & him and me are trying to figure out if it looks better with or without decals so once I get a good pic of before & after I was wondering if you guys could help us out & give your two cents

Hmm I thought I had more things but I'm drawing a blank right now so I guess I'll leave it at this & if I think of anything else I'll post it on here. Thanks guys!

Old 03-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Default congrats.........

Hey Britt.Congratulations on the NEW JOB !
I've worked for some dealerships in the past and it can be fun
place to work and very hetic as well. working around new Chevys is
also pretty cool. I used to check in the New Vehicles that came in
on the Car Carriers. It was kinda cool but tough at times. I checked
in several IROC Z's and few Corvettes during all of that.
You're going to be fine just relax and listen to what they tell you.
You'll just have to resist the urge to drive off in that new Camaro.

I'm sure someone on here can help you with the Bonneville project
but lets see some photos ?

Good luck again.....breathe innnnnnnnn.......breathe ouuuuutttttttt .....

Old 03-21-2010, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by nascar43
Hey Britt.Congratulations on the NEW JOB !
I've worked for some dealerships in the past and it can be fun
place to work and very hetic as well. working around new Chevys is
also pretty cool. I used to check in the New Vehicles that came in
on the Car Carriers. It was kinda cool but tough at times. I checked
in several IROC Z's and few Corvettes during all of that.
You're going to be fine just relax and listen to what they tell you.
You'll just have to resist the urge to drive off in that new Camaro.

I'm sure someone on here can help you with the Bonneville project
but lets see some photos ?

Good luck again.....breathe innnnnnnnn.......breathe ouuuuutttttttt .....
Thanks Richard! I'm pretty excited hopefully i'll get a discount on my radio control buttons for my steering wheel working there and all yeah but i only have one pic right now i forgot to take pics of it this weekend. I'll have more on Friday though hopefully

So far I got these ideas that I'm playing round with. Tinted windows & window visor, different wheels (black hopefully), tinted headlights tailights etc, it's got some chrome pieces on it that we wanna get rid of, CAI, painted engine cover, maybe a new spoiler (if i can find one), and idk what else at the moment

Old 03-22-2010, 05:28 AM

Hi `Brittany,
Good Luck on the new `Job..
Sounds like a fun place to work 4-Sure..

I like the Mod's you have posted to begin on your b/f's car.

So far I got these ideas that I'm playing round with. Tinted windows & window visor, different wheels (black hopefully), tinted headlights tailights etc, it's got some chrome pieces on it that we wanna get rid of, CAI, painted engine cover, maybe a new spoiler (if i can find one), and idk what else at the moment

Keep us updated & EnJoy

Old 03-22-2010, 07:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the New job Brittany!

That White Bonneville looks just like my Mom's 2000 Bonneville (except the 2000-2001's have a little bit more chrome accents that go around the whole car, not just the doors) ! Nice cars!

So based on the picture, he has the SE trim level, which means he has the 3800 N/A V6. As far as finding an off the shelf CAI for it, good luck! You will either need to mkae your own intake, or modify an intake from other 3800 cars to fit the Bonneville, because nobody makes a CAI that is ment to direct fit on the Bonne, i've looked TONS of times.

The windows would look awesome tinted.

As for spoilers, you really don't have many options aside from the OEM spoiler than most Bonnevilles came with. However, the 2004-2005 Bonneville GXP's had a type of stand up spoiler, similar to the Monte's race inspired spoiler, so if you were ever able to come across one of those, that would look great!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the new job Brittany!

Being a "front line employee" (an employee that customers usually see first), it may be a little stressful at first. That's normal. Very soon you'll get the hang of things and you'll be fine! Just don't drool on the Camaros and Corvettes too much.

We'll be glad to help you out with the other stuff too. Finding ready made Bonneville stuff can be a little hard to find. Tinting the windows is always a must with me.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Default bonneville.........

.....Well for starters ; I would pin stripe it first. Maybe the
color of the interior ?
Tint the windows ?
Wheels ?
LED Head lights ? and Fogs .
CAI
All this according to budget ?

Old 03-22-2010, 04:24 PM

my buddy worked there as a mechanic while he was going to ranken. drove by there yesterday and was surprised how many 'maros the had.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:20 PM

Mike - Thanks! Really? I’m on the Bonneville forum & I’ve noticed that some of the Bonns have the foglights near the middle of the front bumper, I’m sooo glad his are on the sides. & the chrome stuff we wanna get rid of but I’m not really sure how to since it’s on the bumper strip, around the grill, & his back badge =/ & yeah he has a SE sorry I didn’t mention that. I was a lil worried about that but I’m sure the Bonn forum peeps will be able to help me out more on that topic ya know. Hmm yeah I wanted a more upright spoiler for it, will the GXP spoilers fit it?
Lou – Thanks! Haha I’ll try not to. Yeah I think the phone thing will be the thing that intimidates me the most at first bcuz I’m not really much of a phone person in the first place lol. Yeah I told him that right after he gets his windows fixed he needs to tint the windows, get the visor, & paint his calipers to give it a lil more edge I guess
Richard – Yeah I was wanted to do some sort of decaling to it but I wasn’t quite sure what would look good on it =/ the color of his interior is like dark grey. I actually was thinking bout doing this to the foglights but idk yet, I think it looks cool bcuz its different. Not really sure what his budget is lol we are just playin it by ear. But heres what I was talking about with the foglights
Halos!

Jimbo, ha my bf goes to ranken lol. Hmm trying to remember if I saw any cars that looked like yours yesterday while I was driving around..??

Old 03-23-2010, 07:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The Bonne's with the fog lights in the middle are either the SLE, or SSEI trim level. The SLE is essentially a cross between SSEI and SE. The SLE trim gives you the body and many features of the SSEI, but with a 3.8L N/A V6. The SSEI has about every feature under the sun, and comes standard with the 3.8L Supercharged V6. The SE trim level was the only one that looked like your BF's Bonne. However in 2004 they launched the GXP Bonneville which had a very similar front end to the SE trim level (it was a little smoother, but same basic front end). The GXP Bonneville's were loaded like the SSEI trim levels, and came with a 4.6L Northstar V8.

The Bonneville GXP spoiler would fit, however, I doubt it would cover the holes from the exhisting spoiler. The stock spoilers on the SE, SLE, and SSEI Bonne's are all the same, and similar to the surfboard style spoiler. The GXP trim level is the only one witht the stand up spoiler, and its very narrow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Couple topics rolled into one thread