Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Connections...of the just missed variety....

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:27 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Connections...of the just missed variety....

yeah, theres another guy around here with a blue monte just like mine... i never see him when i'm in my own monte.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:35 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I see the cute girl in a silver '00-05 SS go past my house almost every day. First thing I think of is how much it looks like my '06.

Or I'll see a nice '57 Chevy when I'm driving my '86 LS Monte. Then the opposite I'll see a nice Monte and I'm in one of my '57s.

Never fails.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:03 PM

I'm ALWAYS seeing them while I'm in my monte. I'm cocky about it though.... I give a look "ya I know mine is better than yours." =D

Old 09-11-2007, 12:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Yes, even though very few Monte's made it into SoCal, I can pick one out of a huge traffic jam very easily.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:00 PM

Actually for me it was kind of bass ackwards. I didnt notice how many people drove monte's until I bought one.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:14 PM

5 Year Member

i'm along with the fox this time,i thought they were actually quite rare until i bought mine, but i still never see any like mine unless i'm in something else.

say, today i got off the interstate, and another monte ended up behind me. a 1970-72 model. beige with a vinyl top. we crusied down the boulevard together for a few redlights before they turned into McDonalds. turned out to be some old lady, she probably had it sense it was new (and it still looked new)

Old 09-11-2007, 04:25 PM

Those are starting to become rarer and rarer. Sad thing, but thats the way it goes I guess. I honestly dont think my monte will be around for any longer then 20 years. I see tons of the 00-07 series montes, but it seems like even the 90's montes are staring to fade out. I wouldnt mind picking one up honestly. I think cars are being built not to last as long these days.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:32 PM

5 Year Member

cars used to be simpler. i can do things with cars from the 80's without problems, but these computers and all these extra sensors, plus the rising popularity of front wheel drive making thigns tighter means less people have the knowledge or desire to work on them (i'll have to plead guilty to having a hard time with mine). i don't think as many people know about working on cars anymore. to talk to my dad, when eh was growing up in the 60's-70's, everybody could do basic auto mechanic skills, changing oil, spark plugs, tune a carburetor. maybe people know just as much, but like i said, cars have gottne more complex. i know several people who wait until the warranty runs out and buy a new car. most cars in the 60-70's era had about 12-18 month warranties, maybe 24. you just had to learn to work on them, this warranty was basically to cover the "lemons". nowadays with these 5 year warrantys, chrslyers lifetime, and even some 10 year warranties, people would just assume keep buying new, let the warranty run, and buy new. more and more people do this, and less and less people drive older cars.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: HyperFox

Actually for me it was kind of bass ackwards. I didnt notice how many people drove monte's until I bought one.
Fox and Cowboy, If I'm reading this thread correctly, I think we are all *agreeing* with you.

Quick Reply: Connections...of the just missed variety....