Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Congratulations Mopar Fans.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Lol that was funny. Although I think the Mustang owners should have been #1. At least around here, they are so obnoxious it's not funny.
Same here in Windsor. Mustang owners here are obnoxious as hell. Most of them refuse to put their money where their mouth is when it comes to racing people.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:43 PM

I think the guy who wrote the article is having an issue with sour grapes. In my interpretation this guy switched on the Speed Channel and low and behold he sees this 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda convertible going across the block. The price has just hit 1.5 mil and the car looks vaguely familiar to him as the auctioneer says it is a one of one because of it's color combination. The auctioneer drops the gravel and says sold sold sold. He then realizes why the car looks familiar. You see he used to own that very same car back in his hippy-tree hugger-surfing days. He traded that gas guzzler back in 1976 when gas hit .60 cents a gallon and bought him a used 1974 Honda Civic. He got 1000.00 on it in trade and just realized he screwed up. Now he has to slam Mopar guys.
This could be a fictional tale but could just as easily be true.

I happen the think the snobs are the ones with the italian sports cars. You have to be rich to own one of those cars and they know it.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:43 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well I deal with more of the classic car guys, but I really think it comes down to the model of the car you're messing with.

Mustang guys... you Chevy Camaro people seem to forget that you've got a liter of displcaement up on those Mustangs... 4.6 vs. 5.7. If Ford would bore their modular engine out (which they did mysteriously find another 100 hp in that engine when Chevrolet came out with the Camaro and Dodge the Challenger).... anywho, never heard a Chevy guy admit he had a liter, or about 70 more cubic inches, over a Ford guy. I don't think they beat Fords by as much as that extra cubic inches would make it seem like they should.

The V6 Mustang guys are TERRIBLE people in general though!!! The GT guys are good, the SVT Cobra and Shelby guys are usually pretty cool to talk cars with. However, the V6 guys all piggy back on the V8 and Cobra cars and how fast they are... never talking about how slow the V6 counterpart is. I guess if I follwo this logic, I can brag about how fast the Monte Carlo's were on the NASCAR track in 2000-2005, right?

I've tried to think back... I think the worst Dodge guy I ever met was in Henderson, NC. He drove a '74 Dodge Dart with I do'nt even know what engine. He didn't realize cars were stopping front of him and ended up going for a lazy donut in the grass after losing control of his car, coming within about 50' or so of hitting a friend of mines Nova.

I've talked to Charger owners, Challenger owners, Roadrunner and Superbird guys, and they were all great. I have nothing to say about them.

I do think the classic Ford owners are a lot more laid back. But so are most all us older car guys. The Chevy guys are slightly more adversarial, but no big deal. Mopar guys just love being different, but I don't think they're obnoxious about it.

The article seems to let the Neon guys pull the hwole group down. As far as I'm concerned, Neon was the darkest blot in Mopar history. Those guys really factor into the ricer crowd and shouldn't count as true Mopar enthusiasts.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:53 PM

My 4th gen Camaro was a V6. Which displaced .8L (or about 49 cubic inches) LESS than the Stang's Modular 4.6. Also, my TPI 305 in my old 87 Camaro (only 3ci bigger than the earlier Ford 302) put out a nice chunk more power as well. Not to mention, I got the same fuel mileage with that 305 that my buddy's 03 V6 Mustang (upper 20s) and the 4th gen V8s (especially the LS1s) are capable of doing even better if set up correctly.

I've never really had any issue with any classic owners, regardless of make. It's the owners of newer stuff (especially the Mustangs and ricers) who think their crap don't stink.

Oh and that extra 100 hp came with the new 5.0. Completely different from the existing modular motors (which IIRC are being phased out in favor of a lineup of completely new motors to include the new 5.0).

Old 10-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member

I don't agree with this article completely even if you include the Neon boys with this. It always seems to be the Mustang guys or Honda boys that have the worst attitudes, lol.

And the whole thing between the Mustang 4.6 and the Camaro 5.7; to me it's more amazing that the Camaro is so much more powerful then the Mustang. The 4.6 Uses newer technology (OHC) then the Camaro (OHV). It's harder to get moreno out of a pushrod.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:25 PM

5 Year Member

I really think ti comes down ot the individual. I can go to the Ford forums and get all these stories about Ford's whooping Chevy's and how big of a group of @$$holes Chevy owners are. Chevy owners seem to like to tease Ford owners more than the vise versa.

Think about the people who own the cars. Immature high school students tend to own the V6 Mustangs, the riced out Honda's, the Neons, etc.

Plus, think about what kind of car you're driving when you meet people. Chevy people are nicer to Chevy owners, Ford owners are nicer to other Ford owners. If you're without a car, just tell the Ford guy you own a Ford and see how much nicer he is to you without seeing your car. That's just how people are.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't know It seems to me every mopar guy I've ever met has thought his car was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:58 AM

5 Year Member

I have a dream... that one day.... my children will not be judged by the badge on the front of their cars, but by the content of their character!

Old 10-08-2011, 08:58 PM

I still like my Mopars. I don't care if that makes me annoying.
I try to live by what Cowboy said.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by lougreen03
I don't know It seems to me every mopar guy I've ever met has thought his car was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Compared to sliced bread, it is the greatest thing. Where has sliced bread ever gotten you besides a few extra pounds on the bathromm scale. LOL.

Quick Reply: Congratulations Mopar Fans.