Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Complaint Department : (

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 09:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Jet Performance Modules absoulutly SUCK, and why in the heck is there no tech support on weekends? Don't most people work on their cars on the weekends when they are off work? Not 8-5 Mon-Fri when they are at work!!!? I mean seriously, think about what your selling, and offer sutomer service according to that...

Old 09-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

tpms sensors in my 06 monte LT, every morning i go to work one sensor says check! but then it warms up in the PM and nothing, i'm getting kinda irrated with these things!! it seems i have to constantly check tire pressure and at .75 cents at local gas station it sucks, ie, run around car, check pressure in all, then fill to the usual 32psi for me, and then re-check to make sure they are filled ok, sucks bigtime, has anyone messed with the nitrogen air for tires? i made a post/thread thing with no response on here awhile ago, but has anyone put nitrogen in their tires? if i change over will it mess up my sensors? let me know. thanks, i know the hot/cold weather changes the pressure, but i want to have a constant pressure like you do with the nitrogen! thanks for all and any help on this, see ya

Proper inflation

With nitrogen, proper tire inflation is maintained for longer periods of time. With proper inflation you get improved gas mileage, improved tire life and most important, improved handling and the peace of mind knowing that this critical detail has been taken care of.

Nitrogen tire filling is simple, accessible and very affordable

Instead of just checking the tire pressure-ask to have the tires checked and re-inflated with nitrogen. You will be pleasantly surprised at the minor cost difference-especially when you consider the major safety and cost improvements that nitrogen delivers.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:18 AM

y is are there adds in my posts on here now?

Old 09-17-2009, 12:21 AM

LOL! That's a good story, my old man frightens children too. I just wish I had more money...so much stuff I have to do to my car, new brake rotors, new brake pads, new front tires, new windshield, coolant system flush, then a thorough check to make sure nothing else needs maintenance. ALL THIS before I can do ANY modding, *shakes head*. My new job coming up will provide a 50% increase in income, so that's something to look forward to.

Last edited by Frosty LS1; 09-17-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:25 AM

I've always just pumped air into my tires. I did have a problem with one back tire that would go flat after like a week, eventually I found a nail in it and had it patched up. Otherwise, I haven't had to fill up my tires in months. Thanks for that nitrogen suggestion though, when I get my new tires I'll ask they be filled up with that, sounds good.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member

kweef are you talking to me??? why

Old 09-17-2009, 08:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

My complaint is why when i drive my car, the gas gauge goes down? Am i running out of gas? Why cant it go the other and fill up instead?

LOL

Old 09-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

jj, that is one thing that my monte likes to do, i guess it keeps me on my toes? the sending unit is fried, so i have the pleasure of waching my gas gauge rise up from E, and i go " hey look, my monte is so awsome, it fuels itself up!, haha" then when i say that, it dips back down to "E", lol. and im like "damn....." im always hoping one of these days its gonna go to "F" and stay there, lol. my luck it would be filling itself with kerosene, lol

chris, check this out..... http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=95275.... it is always good to have a lil compressor to inflate tires & such, & harbor freight has some great deals.... ALOT of our stuff came from them, our shop jack my dad bought about 30 years ago from them, & it still works GREAT! get something llike that, a cheepo tire gauge, & also pick up a valve- stem tightner, the tire in my monte was going flat, i found out the valve stem was loose, now it stays full

holy crap, i just had to add this: they still sell the dang jack my dad bought almost 30 years ago, lol!
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=34271
it says 94 lbs, keep in mind me & him carryed it 2 miles through the woods to get the trans for my buick! lol

Last edited by skylark65; 09-17-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member

thanks ryan, great info for sure!!!i was checking sears for something similar, but i never thought about the valve stem being loose!!

Old 09-17-2009, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
tpms sensors in my 06 monte LT, every morning i go to work one sensor says check! but then it warms up in the PM and nothing, i'm getting kinda irrated with these things!! it seems i have to constantly check tire pressure and at .75 cents at local gas station it sucks, ie, run around car, check pressure in all, then fill to the usual 32psi for me, and then re-check to make sure they are filled ok, sucks bigtime, has anyone messed with the nitrogen air for tires? i made a post/thread thing with no response on here awhile ago, but has anyone put nitrogen in their tires? if i change over will it mess up my sensors? let me know. thanks, i know the hot/cold weather changes the pressure, but i want to have a constant pressure like you do with the nitrogen! thanks for all and any help on this, see ya

Proper inflation

With nitrogen, proper tire inflation is maintained for longer periods of time. With proper inflation you get improved gas mileage, improved tire life and most important, improved handling and the peace of mind knowing that this critical detail has been taken care of.

Nitrogen tire filling is simple, accessible and very affordable

Instead of just checking the tire pressure-ask to have the tires checked and re-inflated with nitrogen. You will be pleasantly surprised at the minor cost difference-especially when you consider the major safety and cost improvements that nitrogen delivers.

Ok, I know this in old post, but I have the same problem. Non of my TPMS things work. I don't know what happened. I mean, I know they are there because I don't believe a conversion company wouldn't put the sensors back in after upgrading the wheels. Also, even if they were there I'm sure they'd freak out all the time considering my door jam tells me I'm supposed to have 50 PSI in the tires COLD! Um yeah, I'm not doing that. The max sidewall PSI is 51, I'm NOT trying to blow a tire. I'll just stick with 35 PSI thanks.

Also, Nitro is the way to go for tires. When I had my Camaro I changed all the air out for nitro, and 1 year later, PSI still hadn't gone down. It's worth the $5 a tire to change it.

Quick Reply: Complaint Department : (