Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Comparison: 2011 Mustang V-6 vs 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 vs 2010 Camaro RS vs 2010 Chal

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
Default Comparison: 2011 Mustang V-6 vs 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 vs 2010 Camaro RS vs 2010 Chal

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._se/index.html

Thoughts?

Last edited by LnLSS06; 04-16-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah, Chevy's going to have to do something about the new Mustang, it's a bit of a handful. The Challenger is kind of sad, because the base model v6 Mustang will keep up with the Challenger R/T even. lol.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:37 PM

I agree with the reviewer that the Genesis 3.8 is the best car of the lot.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:56 PM

Looking at those statistics, the Challenger confuses me- they are significantly behind all the other cars in the pack other than being the fattest and biggest inside- I'm surprised they haven't done anything about it. I mean their power is low, warranty is the worst, tires are the smallest and worst, etc etc. You'd figure their marketing people would keep up on that. I'd be embarrassed if I spent $32k on that thing, and it only ran a 15.7 @ 90.

I also think the Mustang really has it right with the weight. I know the Mustang has been the lightweight in the group for a while- but you'd figure if nothing else that Chevy could've got a little more weight off that thing. 3800 # for a 2 door coupe is a little steep.

Even if motortrend says the Genesis is the best- I think it is by far the ugliest. On top of that, for true muscle car fans- I don't think the 4 cars are really in the same class. If someone had a 69' Camaro, and lived in the muscle car years- and just wanted a new, sporty muscular looking car for their retirement- do you really think they'd even consider a Hyundai? I think there would be as much chance in that as them considering a 6 cylinder BMW, or Acura or something. I think the key feature of the 3 American cars is their styling- and for those buying the car for their heritage and styling- I don't think the Hyundai would even be an option.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:36 AM

Hi J.R.,
Great comparsion test by Motor Trend.
I like the looks of the Camaro, the power of the Mustangs
new v-6, and it's sad that Challenger doesn't have a better/refined six powerplant.
I agree with Motor Trend on their #`1 pick.
American Auto Company should take a lesson from
a new company that produces the Genesis.
Chevy has to lighten `up

J.R., did you ghost `out your Genesis ?
Hows your MPG's...Please give us your personal review
of your new investment. Do you miss your awesome
SS ?
It's great to see your post, and thanks for your visit.

Last edited by Space; 04-20-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:35 AM

first off i love the new challenger.

if i had that kind of money i would deffiantly get the srt8. ive seen some serious TT setups that are bad. plus the looks of that car are wayyyy slicker in my opinion than a stang or genisis. dont get me wrong i like the new camaro, but if i were to spend that much on a ride it would be the challenger, no quetion.

now that its getting nice out, everbody is pulling out their weekend cruisers. im so jealous. i need to get a second job.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi J.R.,
Great comparsion test by Motor Trend.
I like the looks of the Camaro, the power of the Mustangs
new v-6, and it's sad that Challenger doesn't have a better/refined powerplant.
I agree with Motor Trend on their #`1 pick.
American Auto Company should take a lesson from
a new company that produces the Genesis.
Chevy has to lighten `up

J.R., did you ghost `out your Genesis ?
Hows your MPG's...Please give us your personal review
of your new investment. Do you miss your awesome
SS ?
It's great to see your post, and thanks for your visit.
Hey Space,

Loving the Genesis so far. Since most of my driving is Highway I'm averaging about 27 mpg. Just added a spoiler on it this weekend.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

IMO the mustang is definately the front runner in the group. The Genesis is cool, but the Mustang performs better and looks better inside and out. I like that its light and fast, but I really like the interiors. They are sleek and very nice to sit in. I like the seats in the GTs so if the V6 version is the same, I would like to have one very much.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:30 AM

Hi `J.R.,
The spoiler looks `great 4-Sure, and you are getting
super MPG's + you have a 10 year/100K warranty.
It's a beautiful ride.
Wish you safe/fun miles.
EnJoy

`Mod Matt,
the v-6 Mustang is quick 4-Sure, but I noticed
that the MPG for the test was only 16 MPG
I'd love 2 test drive everyone in the above test.
One of these days

Old 04-19-2010, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member

I never liked the looks of the mustang so I never considered buying one performance or not. Thought about the challanger as it was the most comfortable coupe I ever sat in but for the power you need the V8 and those were out of my price range.

Quick Reply: Comparison: 2011 Mustang V-6 vs 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 vs 2010 Camaro RS vs 2010 Chal