Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

C'mon Bobb, break my wifes car!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default C'mon Bobb, break my wifes car!

Sure its a funny title but its basicly how it happened.
We finaly got some snow a few days ago and I was disapointed at the fact both my 3 wheelers were broke along with my sonoma. I have a gmc safari van but its topless and too much troble to get out of the shed I built around it. All I had to drive was this old chrysler town & country that was being used as a shed for my 3wheelers. As a person allowed to his own opinion, I Hate front wheel drive. However I do like to play in the snow. Being raised in northern wisconsin and learning to drive on the ice covered lakes with my grampa, and now living in southern Il. where I gotta look like a fool doin a snow dance just to make my road slick I will drive anything that will slide.
Getting back on track now! I got the van charged up and running. There was not one vehicle that drove past the whole time I was getting that van ready. Wouldnt you know it, here comes my friend in his moms car. That turned out kinda good since I made him sit at the end of the road and block traffic. Anyway I got my van on the road and started to let the reverse dayo's rip. I about spun myself silly and pulled back in the yard. My friend pulled up and thought that was the coolest thing he ever saw. He couldnt shut up about it. A day or so has passed since then and last nite he came over with his wifes 02 or something like that grand am. Again, he couldt shut up about them reverse dayo's, except this time he was tellin me how hes been tryin and cant figure out how I done them. After hearing C'mon Bobb show me how to do a reverse dayo for the 100th time I agree'd but told him if something got tore up I didnt want any part of it. Being a smart *** I even showed him how to start the car and put it in reverse. I also showed him that just a little gas would get us spinning just fine and we didnt have to hold the pedle to the floor and over rev the engine. After about the 6th or 7th spin we parked the car without any problems.
The next day, which turned out to be brite and early at 5am today I got woke up by my friends wife callin and telling me she cant turn her steering wheel and shes about to be late for work. I was tryin to brush her off but my ol lady made me go see what was wrong and try and help. Well so much for not wanting any part of it. Now I got the car sandwiched between the Monte and a truck I just painted in the garage. After poping the hood I seen exactly what got broke. Called around today for parts but one of them wont be here till tuesday. So far I dont think she knows about the dayo's. But then again I aint seen my friend around much today.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:35 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Lol nice....

Old 01-10-2010, 09:53 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

lol that was nice

Old 01-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yikes.

It doesn't take much to break something on those 99-05 Grand Am's. I had one.

They look like miniature Grand Prix's, but no where near as reliable. Mine was a money pit for major repairs. Just before I traded it in, I had to replace the entire steering system. Rack and everything. And no, I didn't do any reverse dayo's. :p

Old 01-11-2010, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Yikes.

It doesn't take much to break something on those 99-05 Grand Am's. I had one.

They look like miniature Grand Prix's, but no where near as reliable. Mine was a money pit for major repairs. Just before I traded it in, I had to replace the entire steering system. Rack and everything. And no, I didn't do any reverse dayo's. :p
I hear what your saying. Im not a fan of grand ams either. Have you ever heard of blowing a power steering hose? Im sure that happens from time to time maybe! How about breaking the shaft in the power steering pump that holds the pully on? I got the new pump but no hose till tuesday.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

LOL...Good story! haha!

The V6 Grand Am's are the one's with all the problems...My uncle owned a 99 with the 2.4L and had 209,000 miles on it when he sold it. Zero probelms, and he did not take care of the car at all (we are talking never serviced the cooling or tranny, and changed the oil about every 20-30K using the cheapest crap Jiffy Lube put in). And I know the Ecotec in the newer 4cyl models is a reliable power plant.