Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

ChibiBlackSheep made me some MCF business cards.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ChibiBlackSheep made me some MCF business cards.

I've been thinking of doing this for a very long time and I finally got around to getting some MCF business cards made up with a little info about the forum, my name and some car details. You're probably wondering why I did this? I did it so if I see other Monte owners out while driving or at some upcoming car shows/meets I could give them some info about the MCF and my member name with some details. It is just something I thought would be kinda cool! Let me know if you think this is cool or just a little bit off the deep end, or maybe even something that other members would do also to maybe try and promote/talk about our forum to other monte owners that you come in contact with, thanks

here are the front and back pics of the card, made for me by member ChibiBlackSheep (Mike) The cards are made with some very heavy card stock and have a very slick feel to them. I know the edge car pics are kinda cutoff but I guess that is the way they had to be done (I'm not complaing either) because I think they truned out very nice

Front: old MCF banner created by member (JJsRYD) JJ

Back: kinda plain, I thought would be kinda cool because I was/am a very big Dale Sr fan.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I took your card and made a slight change. Cars are not cut off, and lettering moved to left side.

Yes I know you already have yours printed up. Just got creative.

I'll try to make a quick mock up of one based on the new banner.

Besides, the new banner has the colors that Dale Sr is more known for.

Edit: The one I made is better quality than what appears here in my post. Forum automatically lowers the resolution when you upload pics.

Attached Thumbnails ChibiBlackSheep made me some MCF business cards.-business-card-monte-carlo-3831-v2-copy.jpg  
Old 04-07-2010, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member

TAZ, are you and Mike in business together? now I need to buy more with all the cars showing up in the pic, gee thanks

actually I am completely satisfied with the ones Mike made, they look great!

edit: feel free to make a mock up with new banner, I would like to see how it looks. thanks

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 04-07-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: edit: added more info..
Old 04-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Here's two versions.

I thought the script would look better than it really does. Don't really like the script version.

Attached Thumbnails ChibiBlackSheep made me some MCF business cards.-business-card-monte-carlo-3831-v3-5-copy.jpg   ChibiBlackSheep made me some MCF business cards.-business-card-monte-carlo-3831-v3-copy.jpg  
Old 04-07-2010, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member

thanks TAZ, I have 200 cards of the one I posted, so I guess I'm good for now! maybe if other members here like your front mock up then they could just use their info for the ones you made. they do look very nice, might be the next order I get from Mike?

Old 04-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I have all the versions I made saved on my computer in photoshop format as well as jpg. So if you ever need a higher quality copy, I have it.

The 200 that Mike made you should last a while though.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member

thanks, you have it saved, maybe other members might be interested in them also with the set-up that you made with the new banner with their name etc? by the way, I asked a question in the original thread. do you think they look ok or am I a little off the deep end with these?? thanks TAZ for everything. I have them saved as well..

Old 04-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I think Mike did a great job. He usually does.

We can pick apart all the little details like the cars getting cut off and such. But what for? The cards look nice. I just happened to have a larger selection of old screen shots and such to work with.

I think ideas for other people's cards might be to include some other info. Like monte of the month wins, mods to your car, etc... I'm sure everyone will have an opinion on what "the ideal" MCF business card would look like.

The back of your cards are a nice touch also.

Another idea for the back would be a picture of your car.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member

thanks TAZ, go to bed and enjoy your vaca time, see ya

Old 04-08-2010, 08:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

It sucks but sometimes you have to give the cards a lot of bleed room, and unfortunately they went very liberal with that.

I'm glad you like them though, and when you run out and want another run, I'm sure I can put that one into production too lol

Quick Reply: ChibiBlackSheep made me some MCF business cards.