Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

CARS & Men : )

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default CARS & Men : )

[align=center][:-]Romance betweenCARS&Men [:-][/align][align=center]

They say that men and cars have a special kind of bonding on par with the kind shared among the best of friends. This is a bonding whose foundations are built on the basis of love and camaraderie which even time fails to decay. It won't be too wrong to say that cars are a man's best friend just like the way a diamond is a woman's. They have this strange affinity towards cars which no woman has been able to decipher so far. Men are like kids when it comes to cars and one can just see a twinkle in the eyes at the mere mention of their cars name. Romance is the word many people would like to associate between cars and men and very rightly so. Cars, I sincerely believe have got a therapeutic feel to it, after a long day of work just sitting behind the wheel of your car, turning on the music and just going for a drive just makes one feel that this is as good as it gets. Especially if you are driving a Monte Carlo : )

When there is a group of men together you can rest to sure that the topic of cars will crop up sooner or later and once this happens there is bound to be non-stop babbling and also a few arguments. What is this thing between cars and men I often ask myself? Being a man myself, the only plausible conclusion I could come up with is that men by nature are prone to be adrenaline junkies and the sheer speed and thrill of sitting behind a wheel and letting care go to the wind are what they find absolutely addictive. On second thought, the reason for the affinity between cars and men can also be due to the fact that men long for a sort of companionship on whom they can freely confide in.
[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]

I am yet to meet a man who doesn't swear by his car and dreams about owning a glorious automobile, I am a dreamer and I too dream of owning my dream car. Romance knows no bounds when cars come into the picture and never will one find a man so talkative when he is talking about his car, sometimes it almost seems as if he is talking about his wife or beloved one and that's what exactly cars are to men.
[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]What is the difference between a Car & a lady ? A car has a key to shut it off.[/align][align=left][/align][align=center][]Female members, please feel free to express your comments or opinions. Freedom of Speak.....Are you look'in forthe key to shut me off : ) [/align][align=left][/align][align=center]Post your thoughts : )[/align][align=center]Peace Out, `Space[/align][align=right]ps. I know my g/f is going[/align][align=right]to slap me when she reads this post [X(][/align][align=center]

[/align]

Old 03-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: CARS & MEN : )

lol...i like your difference between a car and lady...!!! lol

that is true though...all guys...well 99% of guys out there love cars! i always have...

my dream car is a 32 deuce coupe 5 wnidow

Old 03-12-2007, 03:51 PM

Moderator Wiz Kidd,
- Josh-
That Yellow 32 Deuce Coupe is awesome.
I wish I had the tools, abilities to build one.
I've seen some beautiful ones at car shows and would
love to drive one : )
That's a great dream...Hope it comes true 4 U.
[:-]Click below link 2 dream [:-]
[:-]More : ) [:-]
'32 FORD - 3 WINDOW COUPE
ROLLING PACKAGE

I
ncludes Assembled Body on Rolling Chassis,
with Power Windows, Door Glass, Radiator
Shell and Installed Dash.

Now $14,365
The 1932 Ford is an American classic design and cultural icon. Immortalized by the Beach Boys in the song Little Deuce Coupe and in the film American Graffiti, it was a prominent model in the development of hot rods and hot rodding. It joined apple pie and baseball as a major part of Americana with weekends spent tooling around in one's garage and backyard in order to carry on the rugged individualistic tradition of the American.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yah, they're crazy expensive to do one of those cars, but i have to have the 5 window coupe because of my height, i'd have to do the inside with the seat all the way to the back wall

Old 03-12-2007, 06:21 PM

[align=center]MCF Female Members[/align][align=center]My post was not made to offend anyone...I hope you were not offended.[/align][align=center]I'm sorry if you were [X(]that's not my intent.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men (Hard-cover)
by Shaunti Feldhahn (Author)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]One way to make your man Super/Happy is to buy him his dream car[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thank You Sweetie4 the car...I'm really, really`happy[/align][align=center]Oh, I love U 2 : )[/align][align=center][sm=happy046.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Sorry Honey, I got 2 go meet the guys[/align][align=center]Remember, I luv ya[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][sm=gears.gif][/align][align=center]Be Back [/align][align=center]Later [/align]

Old 03-12-2007, 10:35 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Do I have a connection with cars? Why no? Why would anyone think that?

Wiz Kidd,
A guy I grew up with, his grandfather bought a '32 B-model new. This guy's father still owns the car. For the most part it's 100% original.

My dream car is owning a nice '57 Chevy.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:11 PM

Definately True Space! I still check up on my very first car, a 95 Beretta. The guy who originally bought it gave it to his daughter, so she's driving it around now. He put in a new head gasket (which I told him it was going to need) for the price of the gasket, because the lucky SOB knows a mechanic. I had to pay nearly a grand to put it in when I had to replace it. So it always makes me feel good to know that it's still on the road.

My 2003 LS is still sitting at the dealership, which makes me sad. But I know it's soon to find a great owner that treats it as well as I did. I wouldn't have gotten rid of it except for the fact that I have the means to get a car with a warranty.

I'm already getting to know my 2006 LT 3LT. The 3.9 motor is a pleasure every time I start it up, and this weekend I just did my first wash and wax. I'll be putting pictures up in the new members forum soon. I'll be ordering an LOC to install my subwoofers soon, and installing a K&N Drop-in air filter soon.
Unfortunately I found many flaws in the paint, and they're sure to keep me busy this summer. From scuffs to terrible overspray, I definately will be doing a Clay barring and some polishing soon. I'll keep everyone posted on what I did, and some pics of the results.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:19 PM

No offense taken here SPACE
Of course it's pretty hard to offend me!!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 12:00 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: fwoggybaby

No offense taken here SPACE
Of course it's pretty hard to offend me!!!!
[/align][align=center]Thanks Jennifer for your post & words. It's refreshing to read your words & understanding. Your post reflects your Open-Mind [/align][align=center]about life.[/align][align=center]o·pen-mind·ed (pn-mndd) [/align]
adj.
[/align]
Having or showing receptiveness to new and different ideas or the opinions of others. See Synonyms at broad-minded.
[/align]
[:-]Below is zomething 4 your Mind [:-]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[:-]Jump `in & take a Mind Ride
[/align]
[/align]
Wish U a `Happy,
[align=center][/align]
`Space
[/align]