Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

- Car Tech Articles/Subjects/Infor -

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 07:52 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb - Car Tech Articles/Subjects/Infor -

Hi Member's,
Below are several Tech Subjects that you may be interested in ? ? On the MCF we like to provide you with subjects to check `out on your visit...Please let us know if you liked any of them & make a post...EnJoy your time on the MCF 4-Sure...

Car Tech Index

Last edited by Space; 03-05-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

That's quite a list, 'Space...it'll probably take me a month of Sundays to read through it all. I just read the 'useless car technologies' article and don't really agree with all the items on the list. Granted some are pretty useless but I don't think that paddle shifters, interlocked seatbelt/starter, map lights, proximity warning systems, or touch screens are 'useless' but that's just my opinion. I'm sure that list contains a wealth of information - thanks for posting it.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

3 Cylinder Car eh??? Maybe Chevy will bring it back...

The Useless Car Tech one.

The paddle-shifters they are talking about are stupid. These ones, the computer does all the thinking for you, so you can't actually shift it yourself. You just kind of say... I would like a shift here, and the computer thinks about it for a minute, decides if it is okay or not, and then allows it haha.

The rain-sensing wipers... I have driven an Audi with those. IT WAS TERRIBLE. On the highway, I was constantly fighting with that system (it was my boss' car, I didn't know how to turn it off) and whenever an 18-wheeler would drive near me, the wipers would go CRAZY. It was terrible.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:14 AM

Thanks Seattle `Mike & Mod `Mike, for your posts/comments & for adding acitivity to the MCF

I don't expect everyone to click every link, but it does fill up some empty space on our forum & it's better then seeing the same old threads/posts & just maybe some of our member's will enjoy....It sure would be a boring forum, if all we seen when we logged on were old post or How do I change my tire ? LOL

I like the link about my relative(s)
Smarter Crash Test Dummies
Today's crash test dummies are smarter than ever before & smarter then many Space Aliens What ?

Smarter Crash Test Dummies <~

Attached Thumbnails - Car Tech Articles/Subjects/Infor --crash-space-dummies.jpg  
Old 03-05-2012, 10:07 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

The Paddle Shifters on my EDGE shift when you tap it, dont matter if its up or down when your in manual mode it does what u want & will not shift if u redline i like it

Old 03-05-2012, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
The Paddle Shifters on my EDGE shift when you tap it, dont matter if its up or down when your in manual mode it does what u want & will not shift if u redline i like it

Thanks `Mike for your post...I'd loved to try a paddle shifter.
I still like a manual, but I have not driven a paddle shifting car yet ? I do like the new double clutch ones on Audi's, VW's, etc.
Below from Ford on their's:

The new engine is mated to a six-speed SelectShift Automatic transmission with upgraded, class-exclusive paddle shift activation inspired by sports cars.
“For 2011, the paddle shift activation for the Edge Sport is ‘live in drive,’ which means the customer doesn’t have to shift to ‘M’ or manual mode,” said Rich Kreder, vehicle engineering manager. “Instead, while in Drive, the driver can pull the ‘+’ paddle on the right side of the steering wheel or ‘-’ paddle on the left side of the steering wheel to shift up or down gears. It’s a much more engaging and intuitive experience.”
This execution, available on the 2011 Edge Sport only, allows the driver to shift gears quickly while keeping both hands on the steering wheel. The transmission reverts to automatic mode and upshifts or downshifts as needed when driven at a steady speed.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Good articles. I just skimmed through a few of them. I like the outrageous options on luxury cars article. Stuff like whale leather, teak decking and pop up speakers.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:50 AM

Hi `Lou,
I haven't checked that link out yet, but some of the links are crazy, and some are informative on what's going on out there in the automotive world...

When I checked out "Driving-In Theater" I was surprised with all the rides that have a TV in them...

or

I think it would be fun to go to a real outdoor theater..
I have no desire to have a TV in my ride, but I know that many are putting them in2 their rides...Do any of our Member's have TV in their Monte's ? ? ? (Pic's Please)...'
I guess they would be good if one has kids, but I would want them to view the country as they travel...Kids get enough T.V. & games @ home....I think they should be shut off & communicate with their families...Guess, I'm old school ~> LOL....
ps. I guess a TV would be great in a traffic jam & you couldn't move anywhere ? for a long time ?
Thanks everyone for your posts & words

Last edited by Space; 03-05-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There used to be a drive-in near my Parents'. It was fun, it was right next to a cemetery, and on Halloween they used to have scary movie specials and stuff. It was a lot of fun, and then they closed it down and it became a Ford dealership

Old 03-05-2012, 11:06 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Theres 2 drive ins close to me, i goto ome every now and than its fun to goto

Quick Reply: - Car Tech Articles/Subjects/Infor -