Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

car shows

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005
Default car shows

what do they do with all the super tricked out cars that they make for display cars??? i mean they run but do they let people drive them after the show

Old 06-01-2005, 05:20 AM
Default RE: car shows

nost of those cars you see that are really done up are trailer queens and they go from show to show, after that some of them will be drove others will be tore apart and have thier parts reused on something elses and others will end up on display some where , But most of the time it depnds on who owns the car a privet owner will most of the time drive it unless they have the cash to build another one from scratch and not worry about it.

Old 06-01-2005, 11:17 AM

It muct be nice to build a show car and not drive it.

If I were able to build one I would drive it.

TVW

Old 06-01-2005, 12:52 PM

hey i drive mine LOL

ther eis no way im going to leave it sit in the gradge and never touch it could not let it do it.
would driv me nuts LOL

Old 06-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

i was watching rides and they had this alpine bmw and i was like i hope they dont just let it sit there if yall saw it you would know why. the system was crazy

Old 06-02-2005, 03:56 AM

ORIGINAL: big green dog

what do they do with all the super tricked out cars that they make for display cars??? i mean they run but do they let people drive them after the show
This made me cry when I heard this. On that show "Trucks" that comes on on the weekends, manufacturers like Chevy or whoever, donates a vehicle for them to build. After the build is done and they are done w/the vehicle, they scrap em! The manufacturer won't allow the vehicles to be sold for liability reasons. I am not 100% sure, but I would imagine the same would hold true for these.

Old 06-02-2005, 11:01 AM

After the build is done and they are done w/the vehicle, they scrap em!

No way........ What a waste of a perfectly good vehicle...

TVW

Old 06-02-2005, 11:57 AM

thnyou would really hate to know that they do the same thing with all the cars they "donate" to colleges to learn how to work on them they are tore apart fixed and then when the new ones come in they tear them apart and cut them up they even go as far as slahing the sets and dash all up they have a set of things they have to do to the car to make them so no one will take the parts oout of the dumpster

then get this they get the tax write off as a donation to a school
and they can chock it up to a loss to

Old 06-02-2005, 12:05 PM

my national racing series has a car show that accompanies it as well, and there are cars like 1970 plymouth hemi barracudas that are literally priceless...and the guys drive them all over the country. i trailer my car because if i break something at the track, i dont want to be stranded.

Old 06-02-2005, 05:46 PM

LOL I hear ya nothing like living all day long on a ht track then drive home and it breaks down on ya
I have had that one happen once LOL
Sucks!

Quick Reply: car shows