Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>Car & Driver Tests<

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:03 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb >Car & Driver Tests + + +<

Hi Member's,
Which one(s) do you like/want below ?
Let us know `OK ?

INSTRUMENTED TEST

2015 BMW 428i xDriveCoupe de BMWville.
RON SESSIONS | APRIL 2015
Read Full Story

INSTRUMENTED TEST

2015 Audi A3 Cabriolet 1.8TKappa Kappa Gamma, this one's for you.
DAVEY G. JOHNSON | APRIL 2015
Read Full Story

INSTRUMENTED TEST

2015 GMC Canyon V-6 4x4 Crew CabProof that smaller is not the same as small.
TONY SWAN | APRIL 2015
Read Full Story

INSTRUMENTED TEST

Ferrari LaFerrari Tested: Yes, It's Hellaciously QuickBut the numbers only tell part of the story.
TONY QUIROGA | APRIL 2015
Read Full Story

FIRST DRIVE REVIEW

2015 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 4x4We didn't see any bears, wolves, or moose—but we did experience off-road vannin'.
ALEXANDER STOKLOSA | MARCH 2015
Read Full Story

FIRST DRIVE REVIEW

2015 Honda S660 Mid-Engine RoadsterA good thing in a (very) small package.
PETER LYON | MARCH 2015
Read Full Story

FIRST DRIVE REVIEW

2016 Mercedes-Benz C350e Plug-In HybridA green machine with real-car credentials.
DAVEY G. JOHNSON | MARCH 2015
Read Full Story

COMPARISON TESTS

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-13-2015 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Of course, I want the the 2015 Corvette Z06!

Old 04-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Talking Of course I have the same wish 4>Sure

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Of course, I want the the 2015 Corvette Z06!

OK Mod `Michael, I sent your wish 2 Santa (Be Good)>

Old 04-09-2015, 09:11 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

2015 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 4x4We didn't see any bears, wolves, or moose—but we did experience off-road vannin'.
SERIOUSLY???? That's just too funny!!
I would have to go with the Corvette just because it is a Chevy but I really don't like any of them...lol

Old 04-09-2015, 09:28 AM

Thanks Barbara for your post & sharing...
I like the BMW coupe 4 what it is!

& the Mercedes would make a great party/surf ride

And `if I had a extra Million & a half, I'd like the below

<H3 abp="504">The Results: Apply an Asterisk as You Deem Fit

0 to 60 mph: 2.5 sec
0 to 100 mph: 4.8 sec
0 to 150 mph: 9.8 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 9.8 sec @ 150 mph
</H3>

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-09-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:38 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would go with the sprinter of course. I would probably get the BMW cause it would be quick but still a good daily driver.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by crazyzach722
I would go with the sprinter of course. I would probably get the BMW cause it would be quick but still a good daily driver.

Hi `Zach, Good Choices...I like coupes & there's not many out there that I could afford....I like BMW's, but they are also expensive & the one above is AWD and you can't get it with a manual trans

For $10K less, I would pick the Caddy ATS Coupe with a six spd manual like below

2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe 2.0T Manual

This car should wear laurels.
Instrumented Test
If an automaker’s success really were just about the cars, as the industry shibboleth has it, Cadillac would be riding high. Take the object of this test, the new-for-2015 ATS coupe. It proved itself a worthy entry-luxury sports coupe by just about every measure imaginable, and it’s one of the most modest Cadillacs you can buy, packing a 2.0-liter turbo four with a six-speed manual gearbox in a compact two-door. Delightful to drive, well appointed, and properly built, it joins the CTS sedan (one of our 10Best Cars winners) as a world-class contender.
And yet, headline after headline is about how Cadillac is “struggling,” its sales volumes down, its leaders stirring new controversies with every pronouncement about how they’re going to “fix” things by moving the marketing team to New York, stripping the wreath from the crest on the badge, changing the naming scheme, pursuing an ambitious higher-price strategy, and investing heavily to expand the range of products. If the secret sauce is good cars, then what’s all that fuss about?
About the Car

On the evidence of the ATS, Cadillac is making really good cars. Some great ones, even. Aside from its drivetrain, this example was no stripper: It arrived at the test track wearing the range-topping Premium trim, which lifts the MSRP from the base $38,990 to $48,090. Aside from the usual abundance of creature comforts and showy technologies that come with such a designation and another 91 Benjamins, the Premium trim brings GM’s Magnetic Ride Control variable suspension and a limited-slip differential, both useful contributors to the ATS’s superb handling and over-the-road performance.

At the track, the turbo-four/manual combo delivered a 0-to-­60-mph run of 5.7 seconds, just 0.3 longer than achieved by the previously tested V-6/automatic ATS coupe, and finished the quarter-mile sprint in 14.1 seconds while doing 101 mph. Good numbers. It surrenders a half-second to 60 mph but finishes the quarter-mile in a dead heat with the BMW 428i that is the most direct competitor. And this ATS handily beat Munich’s base coupe in deceleration and roadholding by braking from 70 mph in only 156 feet and clawing the skidpad at 0.92 g.
When we pitted the 2.0-liter/manual-gearbox Cadillac and BMW sedans against one another in a comparison test, the BMW won but the Detroit entry’s engine has since been recalibrated and delivers a lot more torque earlier in the rev band. It still can’t match the easy-spinning eager personality of the BMW’s mill, but it lands a stronger punch. This coupe was but 2 pounds heavier than the sedan with the same drivetrain in that comparo and 86 pounds lighter than the V-6 ATS coupe. It all seems to have come off the front axle, as the balance shifts rearward from 52.0/48.0 percent with the six to 50.7/49.3 in this car.
And the coupe expands on the “fun to drive” elements we found most appealing in the sedan. It has a sweetly balanced, light and lively character with crisp turn-in response, a precise shifter that’s fun to use, brakes that are not only strong but reassuringly easy to modulate, and a controlled ride free of the excesses of roll, pitch, or head-toss.

No car is perfect, of course, and this one might have drawn more attention if the two-door looked a little less like the sedan, bolder and more daring. No one looks at a 4-series or an Audi A5 and says, “That looks just like the sedan without the rear doors.” Some say that about the ATS coupe, noting that the previous-generation CTS coupe was far more distinctive. It was also harder to see out of and the expressive design didn’t result in many sales, so this more conservative approach with the ATS is understandable. It might look better without a B-pillar, but so might the 4-series and the Lexus RC, and those, too, had to yield to the need for structural rigidity and side-impact safety.
Aspirations and Prices

There was only one extracost option on this example (the manual is a no-cost choice over the standard six-speed automatic): $1295 for the upgraded Kona brown leather with jet-black accents that dressed up the cabin. We liked it, but the standard cabin trimmings already meet high standards for materials and fit. The bottom line falling just shy of $50K reflects Cadillac’s conviction that premium-grade cars should wear premium-grade stickers. Some of us have opined that this strategy is a tad ambitious—or just plain too much. In this case, we spec’d out a 428i with equivalent equipment and rang up a $53,000 tab. No further comment.
Cadillac already builds cars as good as (or better than) those from German and Japanese luxury marques. Yes, it could stand for that accolade to spread across a wider range of its products, particularly in the crossover segment, but the past few years suggest that future models in the pipeline should do fine. And yet, there’s all that ill news in the wind. Success must not be only about the cars. If Cadillac has to pay more attention to dealers and marketing and brand-building, okay, so long as it keeps building cars like this ATS. Because making great cars is where it begins, and Cadillac has a strong running start.
View PhotosView Photos

Old 04-10-2015, 03:07 PM

I was going to order one like below, but they put the steering wheel on the right side... I really like this one 4>Sure...
Can anyone loan me some $'s 2 get it ? (Thanks in advance)
DRIVEN: World Exclusive: At the Wheel of the Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6

April 6, 2015

By: Georg Kacher | Photography by

Berlin, Germany – By midafternoon, the last rain clouds pass over the imposing semi-circular building complex that once was West Berlin’s Tempelhof airport. Half an hour later, the vast stretch of tarmac has dried up and the Bentley boys are ready to roll out the EXP 10 Speed 6, the star of the 2015 Geneva Motor Show. We’re about to go for a drive.
The Bentley EXP 10 was designed by Sang Yup Lee -- best known for the exterior of the fifth-generation Chevrolet Camaro -- under the direction of Luc Donckerwolke. They’ve managed to link the car visually to its Bentley brethren, even if there are some Aston Martin and Jaguar elements, too. We hear the next Continental GT will grow bigger, roomier, and more comfortable. The EXP 10 caters to a more adventurous crowd. First of all, it’s smaller -- closer in proportion to a Jaguar F-Type than the current Continental. It sits closer to the ground and is lower slung overall. It also dares a more aggressive front end and has lascivious rear fenders. Kudos to Lee for using sculpture rather than bling to convey a sporting message.

The Bentley concept was completed just in time for last year’s Paris Show, but at the 11th hour the bosses pulled the pin, claiming the car still needed styling tweaks and more attention to detail. We are not familiar with the scope of changes made, but we can assure you that the EXP 10 is now a fantastic-looking car that conveys the proper sense of occasion.
The swan-wing door swings up on a massive single hinge, inviting exploration of its lavish interior. There is not a single synthetic item in sight. The dominant material is leather, dyed saddle brown and contrasting dark green. Also laid out in abundance is polished metal, mostly chrome with copper accents. There’s plenty of wood, too, but instead of the traditional high-gloss timber, designers chose an open-pore cherry veneer for the double-decker dashboard. The door panels are milled from solid wood, with a diamond pattern mimicking the stitching of the seats. A tall but slim center console rises in Porsche Carrera GT fashion and houses a round mode selector, a gear lever, and a large touchscreen. Perhaps the most exotic detail is the main display, which consists of four analog gauges on the left and a digital screen on the right. The entire cluster rises from a horizontal sleeping position to an upright angle when the car is turned on. The interior is, in short, exquisite.

Kevin Baker, head of design modeling for Bentley and one of the babysitters on hand today, looks down at the tall man who has just folded himself into a surprisingly relaxed Z-position behind the wheel. “Now let me show you how to operate this valuable one-off.”
The ignition button, it turns out, is but a glistening dummy, as is the beautifully finished gear lever. The controls that kick the Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 into action are housed in a small, leather-wrapped box hidden under the dashboard. First, flip the toggle switch to turn on the ignition. Next, stab a small black rubber button to fire up the engine. Wait a couple of seconds before selecting drive or reverse by pushing the appropriate lit symbol.

Although this concept is clearly not a production car, it’s also no fake. Rather than electric motors or hamsters, the Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 gets power from a naturally aspirated 4.2-liter V-8, the same one we know and love from the Audi R8 and RS5. It breathes through a custom exhaust that no legal authority in the world would approve. Just above idle speed, the V-8 tattoos the concrete slabs of the old airfield with a wild and angry noise very much unlike that of a typical Bentley. With a subtle confirmation jolt, the seven-speed automatic, also sourced from an RS5, duly engages first gear. We’re off.
The steering, lifted from an R8, responds promptly and accurately, but the maximum permitted steering angle, half a turn, is only just enough to describe a grand arc from the departure to the arrivals terminal. The most irritating trait by far is a grinding noise emitted from the wheelhouses; there is virtually zero clearance between the 21-inch, tailor-made Pirelli slicks and the flared arches. We brought along provisional license plates, but clearly this hand-built green goddess shouldn’t be out and about in city traffic.

In the splendid isolation of a defunct airfield, however, it seems reasonably safe to speed up the action by a fraction. With Baker in the passenger seat, the EXP 10 takes off with enough momentum to eventually slip into second gear. I am, under supervision, allowed to dial in a bit more steering angle. And at the end of the hangar straight, the shiny copper calipers grab the discs (carbon-ceramic rotors courtesy of the R8) with a mix of pursed lips and sharp teeth. A production version, of course, wouldn’t be cobbled together from late-model Audi components. Instead, Bentley might look to another corporate cousin, Porsche, which is engineering a new turbocharged 4.0-liter V-8. Or perhaps Bentley could adopt a twin-turbo V-6 from the corporate parts bin, which would make for a closer tie to the Speed 6 of yore. We asked Bentley R&D chief Rolf Frech, formerly with Porsche, to discuss the possible engines. He did not answer the question, but his smile was so broad that anything other than a V-8 engine would be a big surprise.
Either engine could and likely would be combined with a powerful hybrid module, like the one Porsche is developing for the next Panamera. (The concept boasts two filler caps.) Combined gas-electric output is bound to be around 600 hp. According to a source from the Midlands, the unofficial goal for 0-60 mph acceleration is just under 4 seconds, and top speed aims to exceed 200 mph.

Many more Porsche bits will likely be under the skin. Bentley aspires to tap the new components set that Porsche is developing for the second-generation Panamera. The main advantages of this architecture are proportion -- it supports a mid-front engine layout -- and weight. The next Continental GT will also be based on this platform and will likely tip the scales at less than 4,000 pounds, so it’s reasonable to think the target for the smaller Speed 6 must be in the area of 3,850 to 4,000 pounds. That’s in the ballpark of an Aston Martin DB9 .
In its journey to production, we hear the Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 will get a longer wheelbase to create more head- and legroom. It will also ditch its top-hinged opening rear window for a conventional trunklid. The wild front lights must be brought in line with global legal requirements, and the grille theme is not yet final either. If early criticism voiced by Volkswagen Group bigwigs is anything to go by, the crayon masters may also be urged to modify the rear side windows and the C-pillars.

All sounds like a good starting point. But to make an impact as a purebred driver’s car and to feel sufficiently different from a Continental, the EXP 10 also needs rear-wheel drive and a strong emphasis on vehicle dynamics. Bentley might look to its GT3 racing effort for guidance .
Frech seems to understand. “EXP 10 is our vision of a powerful yet luxurious two-seater sports car. This model would not only be about traditional brand values like design and quality. It would also have to be among the very best in terms of performance, handling, and road holding.”

In the course of the last year, we asked VW Group chief Martin Winterkorn, design director Walter de Silva, and Bentley chairman Wolfgang Durheimer to name their most-hoped-for addition to the Bentley portfolio. The unanimous answer was a V-8-engined Aston fighter.
Off the record, the bosses were happy to share more far-reaching thoughts. Their list of ideas linked to the EXP 10 included a roadster, a racing version, and a lightweight special. It could also spawn a larger Porsche GT.

But that’s all in the distant future. Figure production by 2019. In the here and now, we’re having a blast in the Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 concept, putting colonies of corbies to flight with one step of the loud pedal and signing the tarmac with hand-carved Italian rubber at the words “go, go, go!” This exercise also makes it clear that some essential qualities are already in place. The visibility, for instance, is excellent, and the packaging suffices for two passengers. The low, supportive seat feels perfectly in line with Bentley’s dynamic ambitions.
The security people chase us off before sunset, but the smile on my face remains as bright as the Bentley’s LEDs until bedtime.
This project is an absolute no-brainer. The Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 concept fuses brio and technology, looks and craftsmanship. In view of these assets, the projected production of 3,000 units per year may be a crass example of false modesty.

COMMENTS

PHOTO GALLERY

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-11-2015 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:13 PM
Talking >chEAP MY aZZ

LISTS: THE 10 CHEAPEST NEW CARS WITH V-8 ENGINES * mcf member's

WHICH ONE BELOW CAN YOU AFFORD ? wANT ?
pOST & LET US KNOW `ok >tHANKS<
APRIL 10, 2015

As the inexorable march toward eco-friendliness continues, our beloved V-8 engines are being pushed to the wayside as smaller forced-induction engines take the lead. To see the incredible progress the automotive industry has made, you need only recall that GM’s optional 7.4-liter V-8 available in 1974 made just 215 hp, while today Chevrolet offers a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder with 260 hp.
What if you're not ready to let go of the tried-and-true V-8? New cars with V-8s are getting rarer and rarer, but there are still a few affordable options available to enjoy that eight-cylinder rumble on a budget. We compiled a list of the cheapest entries into new V-8 ownership. For fairness, each particular engine makes the list just once; The Dodge Charger R/T’s 5.7-liter Hemi didn’t make the cut because you can get the same engine more cheaply in a Ram, for instance. Take a look at the entries below, and let us know your favorite V-8 from the list.

2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Tradesman, 5.7-liter V-8, 383 hp/400 lb-ft, $25,365

You might think the stripped-down, $27,420 Ram Express is the go-to pickup for cheap power, rugged capability, and no nonsense. The heart and soul of that brutally basic pickup is the iconic 5.7-liter Hemi V-8, but there’s actually an even cheaper route to get the Hemi. Opt instead for the Ram 1500 Tradesman and tick the box for the 395-hp Hemi with 407 lb-ft of torque, and you’ll walk out the door paying $690 less than you would for a Ram 1500 Tradesman with a V-6. The secret is that the Hemi can be paired with an old-school six-speed auto; it undercuts the cost of the newfangled eight-speed automatic, which is included as standard on the V-6 to eke out every last MPG. More power, less money. What more do you want? -Eric Weiner

2015 Ford F-150 XL, 5.0 V-8, 385 hp/387 lb-ft, $28,210

The cheapest way to get a V-8 engine in the new, aluminum-bodied 2015 Ford F-150 pickup is in a regular-cab, short-bed XL model with rear-wheel drive. The 5.0-liter V-8 itself costs $1,595 over the base 3.5-liter V-6, meaning that it slots in between the F-150’s two Ecoboost V-6 engine options, price-wise. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard, but not much else—the bare-bones XL does without a CD player, power windows and locks, and cruise control, making for a no-nonsense work truck with old-school V-8 power (385 hp to be specific). -Joey Capparella

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 WT, 5.3 liter Ecotec3 V-8, 355 hp/383 lb-ft, $28,495

While the genes of the Chevrolet smallblock can also trace its roots all the way back to the cam-in-block architecture first debuted in 1955, the available 5.3-liter V-8 in the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado originally debuted in its first generation in 1992. All of this automotive history can be yours for $28,495 in the 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 with the regular cab, standard box, and rear-wheel drive. In standard trim, the 5.3-liter Ecotec3 V-8 pushes out a healthy 355 hp. Sure, bigger and more powerful V-8s are available at additional cost, but this is the competition for cheapest V-8, so the well-seasoned 5.3-liter will have to do. -Conner Golden

2015 Nissan NV2500HD, 5.6-liter V-8, 317 hp/385 lb-ft, $29,435

It lacks the sporting pedigree of some other cars on this list, but the 2015 Nissan NV2500HD cargo van does pack a V-8 for a reasonable price. Also available in a passenger-van configuration with up to 12 seats, the NV2500HD uses Nissan's 5.6-liter V-8 and a five-speed automatic transmission, with 317 hp and 385 lb-ft directed to the rear wheels. Given that this is a cargo van, interior accoutrements are sparse; options include two roof heights, various interior tie-down points, underseat storage drawers, navigation, a backup camera, and more. So while it's not the sportiest affordable V-8-powered vehicle, it may be the most versatile. –Jake Holmes

2015 Toyota Tundra SR, 4.6-liter V-8, 310 hp/327 lb-ft, $29,610

Toyota offers two V-8 engines in the Tundra. The smaller and marginally cheaper of the two is a 4.6-liter engine, making 310 hp and 327 lb-lft. The larger 5.7-liter engine has more power, more torque, and can be had for $30,315, but it returns slightly worse fuel economy than the 4.6-liter V-8. Available only in Double Cab versions of the Tundra, the 4.6-liter engine is rated for 15/19/16 mpg (city/highway/combined), which despite its larger size bests the Regular Cab Tundra with the 5.7-liter, which returns 13/18/15 mpg. It’s mated to a six-speed automatic transmission as standard. -EW

2015 Chevrolet Express Cargo, 4.8 liter Vortec V-8, 285 hp/295 lb-ft, $30,550

Just as the 5.3-liter V-8 in the Silverado has been uprated and somewhat modernized over time, the 4.8-liter Vortec V-8 in the 2015 Chevrolet Express Cargo has added variable valve timing and numerous other updates since its introduction. In this utilitarian application, the 4.8-liter V-8 pushes out 285 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque, enough to get the massive bulk moving safely. The cheapest buy-in to this engine is through the standard wheelbase, standard cab Express van. -CG

2015 Ford Mustang GT, 5.0 liter V-8, 435 hp/400 lb-ft, $33,125

There’s been a lot of buzz about the 2015 Ford Mustang’s new EcoBoost four-cylinder turbo engine, but America’s original pony car still comes with a honkin’ V-8 engine to please traditionalists. The cheapest Mustang V-8 is a base GT, which comes standard with the 435-hp 5.0-liter Coyote engine and a six-speed manual transmission. This 2015 AUTOMOBILE All-Star winner comes decently equipped to start, with features like HID headlights, a backup camera, and Ford Sync as standard, but at this price you’ll miss out on the appealing GT Performance Package ($2,495) that gives the ‘Stang a tighter suspension, better brakes, and upgraded wheels and tires. -JC

2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS, 6.2 liter V-8, 426 hp/420 lb-ft, $34,500

GM’s muscle car finds its way onto a list of cheapest V-8s, rounding out Chevrolet’s three entries with its mighty 426-hp, 6.2-liter LS3 V-8. The fifth-generation of Camaro came to us in 2010, and has been one of the main contenders in the revitalized muscle car wars. Its sharp, retro styling and strong performance keep the Camaro on pace with the 435-hp Ford Mustang GT and the 375-hp Dodge Challenger R/T. -CG

2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack, 6.4-liter V-8, 485 hp/475 lb-ft, $39,490

People tend to lose their minds over the 707-hp Challenger Hellcat, but the real gem of Dodge’s muscle-car lineup is the Challenger R/T Scat Pack. Reviving a 45 year-old package, the R/T Scat Pack brings the monstrous 6.4-liter naturally aspirated V-8 from the $46,990 Challenger SRT 392 into sub-$40k territory. With 485 hp and a swift 4.1-second sprint from 0-60 mph, it combines the affordability of the R/T line and the performance of the SRT line. Take your pick of either the standard Tremec six-speed manual or the optional, $1,400 eight-speed automatic, and leave your opponents in the dust. The R/T Scat Pack would be even cheaper if it weren’t for Uncle Sam, who takes a $1,000 bite out of your wallet for the gas guzzler tax. -EW

2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0, 5.0 liter V-8, 420 hp/383 lb-ft, $51,500

The new 2015 Hyundai Genesis is significantly improved over the last version of the Korean luxury sedan, with interior quality and driving performance close to par with German and Japanese rivals, but for significantly less money. While we think the standard 311-hp, 3.8-liter V-6 is plenty of motivation for the 2015 Hyundai Genesis, stepping up to the 5.0-liter gives drivers 420 hp with which to blast pass more pedestrian sedans. While the V-6 can be equipped with all-wheel drive, the 5.0-liter Genesis directs its power only to the rear wheels, by way of an eight-speed automatic transmission. –JH

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-10-2015 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Talking

NEWS: GM gives the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro the blue pill & is 28 Percent Stiffer Than its Predecessor

April 9, 2015

We’ve got one more number to add to your growing list of statistics about the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro leading up to its debut next month: 28 percent. That’s how much stiffer the new model’s structure is compared to its predecessor.
Camaro engineers say that this stiffer structure allows for more precise tuning of chassis elements like the steering and suspension, making for a more “responsive” and “nimble” driving experience. The new car also reduces its unsprung weight, as the wheels, tires, and brakes (pictured) are scaled down to correspond with the car’s claimed weight loss thanks to the use of aluminum in the structure and various chassis elements. This should all make for sharper overall dynamics from the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, or, as chief engineer Jim Karlavage says, the new car will “reward the driver with satisfying feelings of responsiveness and control.”

Other tidbits that Chevy has released about the 2016 Camaro include this supposed “more than 200 pound” weight loss, its new LT1, 6.2-liter V-8 engine in the Camaro SS, and its official debut date of May 16. We also know that the redesigned musclecar will offer a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine as a new engine option, and that the 3.6-liter V-6 is likely to carry over from the current Camaro.
Stay tuned for more news about the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro as we near its debut in Detroit next month.

PHOTO GALLERY

Quick Reply: >Car & Driver Tests<