Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Cam-Am Spyder + CarTech09 + more : )

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Cam-Am Spyder + CarTech09 + more : )

[align=center][:-]From MCF `SpaceReporter [:-]For those that have read
everything else on the MCF. Filling the `Void : )

This Week on MSN Autos[/align][align=center]

[:-]
First Ride: BRP Can-Am Spyder[/b]

This 3-wheeler looks like nothing else on the road and offers a blend of performance and safety. Read Article

[/align][align=center]

Collision Avoidance
Watch out for `Space : )
He`s out there ZomePlace[:-]

[:-]Contains some super electronic devices. Future [/align][/align][align=center]cars that will drive themselves : ) (Thats no `fun : )[/align][align=center]Internet 4 your Monte ?[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][:-]Click below [:-]
New Car Tech for 2009[/b]

The latest auto technology for the 2009 model year features new options to enhance our lives. Read Article

[:-]Check out Cheap Thrills : ) below link : )
Industry Insider: Cheap Thrills

Lawrence Ulrich chooses 10 fun-to-drive cars that real people can afford. Read Article

[:-]
First Drive: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V 0-60 in 3.9sec.1/4 in 12 Flat
[/align][align=center]WOW~ WOW
Cadillac’s new sport sedan delivers a refined driving experience beyond the muscle. Read Article[/align]

Old 09-26-2008, 05:32 AM
Default RE: Cam-Am Spyder + CarTech09 + more : )

[align=center]First Drive: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V[/align][align=center][:-]
Caddy's new sport sedan shows refinement beyond the muscle.
ByMarc LachapelleofMSN autos[/align][align=center]Click to see more pictures
The exclusive new Monticello Motor Club was the perfect venue to explore the outer reaches of the CTS-V's higher horsepower and limits.With its supercharged, 556-horsepower 6.2-liter V8 engine, the 2009 CTS-V is the most powerful Cadillac ever. Also the quickest and fastest, it has a claimed 0-60 mph time of 3.9 seconds and a 193 mph top speed. Yet on the road or track this thoroughly American sport sedan is most impressive for the refined driving experience it provides, where the original CTS-V always felt like the hot rod it was.

Cadillac says with either transmission the CTS-V will get to 60 mph in a scant 3.9 seconds, and cover the quarter mile in 12 seconds flat. The car's top speed is quoted at 175 mph for the automatic and about 193 mph with the manual gearbox.
[:-]Way 2 `Go GM, I wanta `Drive one 4-$ure [:-]

Can`t afford one, but dreams are still `free, are`nt they ? [/align]

Old 09-26-2008, 06:48 AM

[align=center]No Gas ?[/align][align=center](Eat @ TacoBell : )[/align][align=center]Going `Green ? Use the Planet `Sun 4 Power[/align][align=center]It`s a SpaceThing [/align][align=center][:-][/align]

zero to sixty depending on how bright the `Sun is
[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/F0FFC782322D4EE794122B9054C2AE58.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-26-2008, 09:48 AM

I saw the Can-Am 3-Wheeler up-close during the Fathers Day Bike meet at Loudin, NH. I didn't get to actually test drive the thing, but those who did said it was a riot to drive and zoom-around on. It's an odd-looker, for sure, but they really packed a shopping list of technology into the thing. Paddle shifting, ABS, Stability control ... just to name a few.
I don't know who's buying them, but they say sales are brisk. I need my motorcycle fix during the Summer. But, I don't have huge money to invest in a toy like that.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:33 PM

Saw one in Rapid City at the beginning of the summer, asked the guy about it said they were wanting about 16k for it. That's what my Monte cost. Looks sick and feels sweet, never did drive it though.

During the Sturgis rally there was a parking lot coned off with a truck and like 20-30 Spyders sitting around the lot, think the were renting them for the week/day as I saw tons on the road.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:40 PM

Hey I saw one of the those 3 wheel thingys the other day on the road, I was like what the f isI thought the guy made it himself. Very interesting.

The 09 CTS V is bad ***. All cts v are bad ***. I rather be driving a V rather than a BMW or a benzI think they look better.

I had the pleasure to ride shotgun the other day in a 05 Maggied V.we got to stomp on achallenger an atwin turbo 335i bmw.
And that was all at a business lunch. LOL

Old 09-27-2008, 08:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

We seen a Can Am Spyder up close while at the Tail of the Dragon at the Smokey Mountains this summer, with the Solstice Sky group. Gotta say, I'm not a fan of the looks. HOWEVER, If it's a Can Am, you KNOW it's good! They DO handle great, and are powerful, just DIFFERENT!

While on the subject of 3 wheel bikes, while we were at the Tail of the Dragon, there was an accident there. We didn't see it, but the sheriff, ambulance, and rollback went by us heading the other way. A 67 year old on a Harley trike went over into the rock wall. Killed him right there. You can't lean a trike into a curve, so when they go over, it's bad.

At least the Spyder is stable, unlike the trikes.

If I was to get a bike, it would be a Buell 1125R. Made in America sport bike.