Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

bye bye GM Job

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Default bye bye GM Job

well i took a job today to do framing with my buddy. it pays alot more then what i'm making here at the dealership. and well the people i work with are arrogant and backstabbers. lots of talking behind peoples backs too.

so IF you guys need part numbers, or diagrams from the parts catalogue you got till the 6th of march (my last day). so if ya need something, send me a PM

Old 02-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Default RE: bye bye GM Job

Hey `Chad,
Wish you good Luck on your new `job.
"I'd rather work for less $'s, & be `Happy,
then get paid more, & not `be"
`Space

Old 02-23-2008, 02:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

When you say framing, do you mean framing houses? Thats gonna be a big change from working inside with a lot of people to working outside with just a few of the same people. My father and I build a large garage by ourselves, and it can be a fun job if you were the kind of person that enjoyed playing with legos and lincoln logs as a child. I personally enjoyed it for I built my fair share of lego mansions when I was younger. Lol. Good luck with the job. I dont know about up there in canada, but down here most of the carpenters and laborers are laid off during the winter. Id imagine in canada its pretty much cold up there alot of the year. Do would you guys work year round or close to year round? Are we even talking about the same kind of framing at all? lol.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:05 PM

yea it will building houses, condos, apartments, etc.etc. we pretty much do it year round here. i'm going to be doing an apartment building for the first 2 months on the job so i'll be inside at least. then it'll be pretty much summertime.

i have done framing before as well with a friend of mine so i know the basics. and i'm going to be working with my buddy Shane i've known since grade 10 so it'll be alot more fun work enviroment.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Thats good, you always seem to be in a better mood when you like your job. I noticed this when I quit giant eagle and started working in the body shop.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:46 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Too bad you find a lot of backstabbing and talking behind other's backs in a lot of jobs.

Good luck with your new one.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:20 AM

I have worked in 3 different Chevrolet dealers over the span of 30+ years. Each one had their arrogant and back stabbing employeesthat you had to deal with. The current one is probably the worst.Being the shop foreman I feel that all I do on some days is babysit grown men.Good luck with the new deal,sounds like quite a change!!!

Old 02-24-2008, 09:44 AM

[align=center]Hi `Chad,[/align][align=center]You have already made you decision to make a[/align][align=center]change, & move on. I wish you good luck on[/align][align=center]your new employment adventure.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below information is for member's reading this[/align][align=center]that don't have the opportunity to make a change[/align][align=center]in their employment.[/align][align=center]Hope it helps someone.[/align][align=center]Good Luck 2 the reader : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]WorkWorries.com
Help With People Problems At Work[/align][align=center]
Key Books
[:-]
[/align]

Old 02-24-2008, 12:40 PM

I can see alot of backstabbing at the dealership position. Usually in construction there isn't so much... unless someone is trying to become foreman. In that case it is just best to keep learning the job and gaining experience.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:38 AM

Man good luck with your new job!!! Backstabbing sux!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: bye bye GM Job