Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Burn out

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Default RE: Burn out

I just prefer RWD myself as I learned to drive on RWD vehicles. In fact, my Monte is the only vehicle that I've ever driven that's FWD. I personally don't find FWD to always be better for snow, but then again, I know how to pull out of a slide with a RWD car, and have yet to figure out how to do it with FWD as it's always my front wheels that break loose. I don't mind the torque steering that much, it's not like it's enough to move the steering wheel if I've got a semi-decent grip on the wheel.

As for a daily driver, it depends on preference and that's about it. I like to have some fun with any car that I drive, and that fun usually comes in the form of RWD. The best thing about my Monte being FWD is the fact that I can't do some of the stuff that I did with my dad's Camaro, which means a lot less chances to get a ticket.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:53 PM

RWD would be a lot better, but if you don't care about potentially damaging your car you can have fun with a FWD too. Here's me and my buddy having a small burnout contest on our cell phone cameras. Damn Trans am's... lol

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x...3071144-00.flv

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x...3071138-00.flv

Old 12-10-2007, 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Taz

ORIGINAL: scc24540

hmm i thought a member here was saying his was rwd but after researching its not, that is a huge dissapointment to drop that nice v8 into a car and make it fwd. but leave it to chevy to do something that stuipd
I agree, but why should Chevy redesign the drivetrain when they were discontinuing the car?
i wondered that when they redesigned the looks in 06, if your gonna discontinue it why even bother changing the look? and another reason i HATE fwd is because even the most simplistic things are a pain in the ***. things like a tuneup or a thermostat replacement are just ridiculously difficult to do. not to mention i doubt a fwd tranny can handle anywhere near as much as a rwd one not to mention those cheezy front axels

Old 12-10-2007, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: 88ss408

the new 07 monte is fwd that why i did not get one fwd sucks it,s no fun but that is just me

yeah I and I would have to say you are wrong...FWD does not suck..its good in the snow...and what makes it no fun? The car is more than fun

Old 12-10-2007, 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

hm all montes b4 the 5th gen was rwd, the 07ss with the 5.3 is rwd.
Pretty sure they're still FWD. Big disappointment to have a V8 that was FWD.
Yes the new monte's are FWD...and no it is not a big disappoointment...sorry the car is very nice...and there are no problems with it being FWD...

Old 12-10-2007, 06:13 PM

Donuts? Very precise donuts can be accomplished in a FWD car - even without snow! For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPRsr...eature=related

Old 12-10-2007, 06:29 PM

hahahaha tray sliding.... put mcdonalds trays under your rear tires ina fwd car and lock the ebrake and u can slide!

hahaa ive done it before.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:03 PM

ORIGINAL: 07MonteSS

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

hm all montes b4 the 5th gen was rwd, the 07ss with the 5.3 is rwd.
Pretty sure they're still FWD. Big disappointment to have a V8 that was FWD.
Yes the new monte's are FWD...and no it is not a big disappoointment...sorry the car is very nice...and there are no problems with it being FWD...
Oh, I have no problems with the car itself, it's just that I prefer my V8's to be RWD is all, so it was disappointing to me when I read that even the SS's were FWD.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:18 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What is the all the hoopla about RWD. Yea Yea, I know with FWD, you get a certain amount of torque steer under hard acceleration, but up here in the Great White North, the FWD will go through almost anything. (Snow)

I believe the experts are now saying after all this time RWD is better in snow that FWD is. Why.......... beats me?

I do know that it is possible to get FWD stuck in snow. I had to push my father's FWD car out once when he got stuck in the driveway.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:29 PM

I also wanna know what torque steer under hard acceleration you are talking about...I have stomped on the gas and still get none!

Quick Reply: Burn out