Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Boys In Blue

Old 04-23-2007, 03:18 AM
Default Boys In Blue

Another speeding ticket....

speed trap.....56 in a 40.....

life isnt fair.....neither is the law.....

did i mention that it was at midnight with no one else on the road??

baby doesnt think its fair either....

Old 04-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Default RE: Boys In Blue

ORIGINAL: HaRvArDaLe

Another speeding ticket....

speed trap.....156 in a 40.....

life isnt fair.....neither is .....

did i mention that it was at midnight with no one else on the road??
Dale, yes there was some else on the road : ( .......a Boy in Blue : (
[X(]
Dale, sorry 4 you [X(], I can relate [X(]The cost of speed sure can
delete the mod fund : ( Get a radar detector 0r slow down : (
We live & hopefully we learn.....Life isn't fair sometimes.
But, we still live to correct the problems & have it
so much better then the majority in our World.
I wish you better days
Peace Out
`Space

Old 04-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

man that sux! thats quiete a bit over too...i think its time to slow down a little..lol..i know its hard in the monte cuz its such a fast car...but i thinkits time to slow down a bit

Old 04-23-2007, 01:15 PM

man....if my monte could do 156 i wouldnt have a license right now....

its probably a good thing that i cant get past 110

Old 04-23-2007, 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Get a radar detector 0r slow down : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=left]I still haven't found a radar detector that works. About 15 years ago in a points reduction class we had an officer tell us that the same company that make the radar guns also make the detectors. We did some testing and everytime the radar caught us the detector went off. There simply isn't enough reaction time to get yourself down to speed. We did this with around 6 to 8 models including some top of the line $450 models. [/align]

Old 04-25-2007, 12:27 AM

thing is that the detector is more for when your in traffic or when they are hittign you from a distance and you can hopefully get bounce or some warrnign as they hit the cars in front of you.
Other wise the best radar detector is still teh C.B. Radio and channel 19 talking to the pro. drivers out there will get you all kinds of info if ya know how to ask LOL

But the ticket here.

the speed limit dont know what time of day it is or how many cars are on the road it just know this is wha they think is Safe on this road in this area.

Not always far but look at it this way how many times have you gotten away with it and not getten pulled over?

yes i agreee it sux!! I dont like tickets eitehr and belive me i have had my fare share of B.S. tickets in my life tiem.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:18 PM

i have one of the Cobra detectors like $200 from best buy and it has saved me well over $400 in tickets. On the highway up to chicago there will be at least one speed trap and every time it will go off 1-2 miles before the overpass. Also in town it has saved ne a couple of times. hey i still dont have a ticket (knock on wood)

I hate when there are cops out at12 or later and they will find any reason to pull you over. just bad luck man

Old 04-26-2007, 03:02 AM

I can understand nailing people for speeding on busy roads too, but when your the only person for a mile in both directions and a clear line of sight.... seriously what is the point of pulling you over.

I need to move to one of those states where the speed limit is like 90 or something.... I heard Montana or some western states have this.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i think they should make an autoban here in canada and the states, i heard they're setting a speed limit on the autoban though...i know that when that highway has their accidents they're bad, but isn't there a lot less accidents on it?? and probably less road rage

Old 04-26-2007, 08:36 PM

Wiz .. .I'd love to see them raise that speed limit on the 401!!! I've been lucky as of late... travel the darn road every day!! There still working on the 3 lanes here!! Can't wait until that's done.... gonna have to open er' up then!! LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boys In Blue