Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Would you buy/drive a SuperSonic ?
Yes, I like the SuperSonic
12.50%
No, ~> No Way would I buy one
62.50%
Maybe `if the cost of gas get's over $5 a gallon
25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

The Bowtie Boys go super-Sonic ? LOL

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 07:08 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default The Bowtie Boys go super-Sonic ? LOL

Chevrolet Sonic Z-Spec Series - 2011 SEMA Show

The Bowtie Boys go super-Sonic at SEMA.~>
Member's, is the SONIC GM"s Future ?
Would you buy one ?

By Matt DeLorenzo / Photos by Chris Cantle
October 25, 2011
<!-- auto show is false why is this showing --><!-- use auto show template in this case -->Photos » Videos »

<!-- test output end: --><!-- the article, at a glance, downloads, top competitors, from buying guide --><!-- left column -->As part of its program to promote its line of dealer-installed performance accessories, Chevrolet is offering up three versions of its 2012 Sonic subcompact with special packages at SEMA.
The #1 is a 5-door version of the car dressed up with ground effects, a spoiler, unique grille and a graphics package. Painted torch red, the Sonic Z-Spec #1 is fitted with 18-in. wheels, a cobalt red interior with perforated black suede seat inserts, a Z-Spec sport pedal kit, sport shift **** and flat-bottom steering wheel. Functional bits include beefed-up brakes with 4-piston calipers, a new high-flow exhaust system and performance suspension parts.

2012 Chevrolet Sonic Z-Spec Hatchback

Moving up the performance scale, the 2012 Chevrolet Sonic Z-Spec #2 is the visual opposite of the Spec #1 with a flat white exterior offset by torch red accents. This 5-door hatch sports a more aggressive ground effects package, rear spoiler, custom grille and graphics. In addition to the sport shift **** and flat-bottom steering wheel, the Z-Spec #2 has full custom racing seats with the Z-Spec logo. It also retains the stock 1.4-liter turbo four mated to a 6-speed manual that benefits from a custom high-flow exhaust. Brakes are uprated to include 4-piston calipers and the suspension features sport-tuned components.

2012 Chevrolet Sonic Z-Spec Hatchback

The 2012 Sonic Z-Spec 4D Concept is based on the more formal 3-box sedan layout and is done up like a European touring car. Painted a metallic gray, the 4D Concept is equipped with Z-Spec ground effects, a rear spoiler, revised grille, Chevrolet graphics and 18-in. wheels. The interior is also retrimmed with sport pedals, aluminum sport shift **** and a flat-bottom steering wheel. Like the hatches, the 1.4-liter four with 6-speed manual has a larger exhaust and the brakes features 4-piston calipers to go with the tauter sport suspension.

2012 Chevrolet Sonic Z-Spec Concept2

While it’s not formally part of the Z-Spec series, the Sonic Dusk concept uses some these components like the shift ****, sport pedals and steering wheel. Much more subtle in execution, the Dusk is painted Berline blue with a mild ground effects package, unique grille and 18-in. concept wheels pained dark silver. The lights also feature a blue tint, adding to the car’s sophisticated look. The interior is trimmed in Mojave leather with custom seat inserts and features a high-output audio system. Other upgrades include 4-piston brake calipers and a stiffer sport suspension.

2012 Chevrolet Sonic Z-Spec Concept2

Old 11-16-2011, 07:13 AM

2012 Chevrolet Sonic Z-Spec Concept

<CENTER>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="99%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(201,201,201) 1px solid"></TD><TD vAlign=bottom><TABLE id=tab_1 class=b_on cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR><TD id=td_1 class=b_fo noWrap><CENTER>Review </CENTER>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(201,201,201) 1px solid"></TD><TD vAlign=bottom><TABLE id=tab_2 class=b_off cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR><TD id=td_2 class=b_fo noWrap><CENTER>Picture Gallery </CENTER>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(201,201,201) 1px solid"></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(201,201,201) 1px solid" vAlign=bottom width="100%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER><TABLE class=keywords_top width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Posted on 01.10.2011 11:00 by Simona
Filed under: Chevrolet | concept cars | Detroit Auto Show | hatchback | Chevrolet Sonic
</TD><TD width=45> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- usefull comment for cache_differe: empty blocs stop process -->
Chevrolet first used the Z-Spec name at the 2010 SEMA Show where they revealed the Volt Z-Spec, the Spark Z-Spec, and the Cruze Z-Spec. Continuing their use of the name at the Detroit Auto Show comes the new Sonic Z-Spec Concept. Not many details have been revealed on the concept as of yet, but Chevrolet has confirmed that it showcases a family of factory-engineered accessories and the best of the aftermarket under a single design theme.
The concept’s exterior is distinguished by a massive rear-deck spoiler, an orange paint scheme, and eighteen-inch multi-spoke BBS wheels. The interior is also defined by the same orange color scheme, as well as new Recaro seats covered in tan leather. Other minor adjustments for the inside include a billet shift **** and flat-bottom steering wheel cap.
The powertrain for the concept is still being kept under wraps, but we expect it to carry the same 1.4L turbo engine with maybe some tweaks here and there. We do know that Chevrolet has added a new K&N filter and Borla exhaust to help bump up whatever output the concept is ?

Picture Gallery (7)

<TABLE class=specs2><TBODY><TR><TD class=white_right>year:</TD><TD class=white_left>2012</TD></TR><TR><TD class=blue_right>Engine:</TD><TD class=blue_left>four-cylinder</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<STYLE type=text/css>DIV.nxBoxLight TABLE.npagelist { MARGIN-BOTTOM: 20px; MARGIN-LEFT: -20px}TABLE.npagelist UL { PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 11px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: none}TABLE.npagelist UL LI { PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 11px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: none}TABLE.npagelist UL LI { PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; FLOAT: left; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDTH: 253px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; }TABLE.npagelist UL LI H3 { PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 13px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 15px}TABLE.npagelist UL LI P { PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; COLOR: #000; PADDING-TOP: 0px; HEIGHT: 45px}</STYLE>Full story Chevrolet Sonic
<TABLE class=npagelist border=0 cellSpacing=10 cellPadding=10 width="90%" bgColor=#e2ebee><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#f8f9fa vAlign=top></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=10 cellPadding=10 width="95%" bgColor=#e2ebee><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#f8f9fa vAlign=top>Chevrolet Sonic Pictures
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- usefull comment for cache_differe: empty blocs stop process --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> GA_googleFillSlotWithSize("ca-pub-4875171553795813", "AS_TS_300x250B", 300, 250); </SCRIPT>

Old 11-16-2011, 10:40 AM

Really just the Aveo5 with a few tweeks. Like the front end better doesn't look quite like a retarded puppy now with the smaller grille and blacked headlights. GF has an 09 Aveo5... rode in it once, shes had it for about 2 years, guess that says something about if I would buy one or not, eh? :-P Seriously for an around the town grocery getter fine but... Don't really know what GM is doing as far as the concept car but a v6 turbo or supercharger might change my mind.... nah! no it won't.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:09 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I'd nvr buy one I hate lil econo box cars even if there fast

Old 11-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

that thing would be like riding in a roller skate

Old 11-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Wink

No way would I ever drive a car the size of my quad

Old 11-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Need something substantial enough. I wouldn't buy anything smaller than the Cruze, which I actually like. I'm not a hatchback person. Never liked how they look. I mean, the Sonic 4-door sedan looks okay, especially the LTZ trim, but I would not drive something that small. Definitely an improvement over the Aveo though.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry but no.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

It would be fun to drive. I'd drive it like a rally car.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd run around in the white one. I wouldn't want to PAY for it, but I would drive it lol

Quick Reply: The Bowtie Boys go super-Sonic ? LOL