Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Bi-Monthly Themed Photo COntest "At The Pumps"

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 12:18 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Bi-Monthly Themed Photo COntest "At The Pumps"

The theme for this contest will be
"At The Pumps"

Get out there and have fun taking pics of your Monte at the pumps!!
As usual, photos must not be more than 3 months old and NO editing (except cropping) is allowed with this contest.

Ready, Set, GO!!!

Submissions will be accepted through this Saturday, November 12, 2016. This will give everyone a chance to get out there with their Monte

RULES: Bi-Monthly Themed Monte Photo Competition

Take extra pictures while you are out there so you will be able to submit things during the winter. I will alter the rules for winter for the age of the photo. because many do not have their Montes out during the winter months. Drivernumber3 has posted some really good ideas
for future themes so try to go get pics that will fit into those categories. Some of the contests will also have editing allowed so we can have a bit more fun with our photos.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Where did the dinosaurs go?

Attached Thumbnails Bi-Monthly Themed Photo COntest "At The Pumps"-dsc01619.jpg  
Old 11-07-2016, 08:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Here's a dinosaur check out I-80

Attached Thumbnails Bi-Monthly Themed Photo COntest "At The Pumps"-untitled.jpg  
Old 11-09-2016, 09:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Too bad the dino isn't at a pump.

Man, I have a terrible time trying to get photos off anymore. I don't know if I ever mentioned it or if anyone ever noticed, but if you look closely you'll see that one or both of my kids are always in the back seat of the car in my pics. I don't get any time away from them (when I'm not at work at least) and they are usually stressin' me out! I have to get the shots off in seconds, not minutes, because the littlest one is often having a melt down. Today was such a day and I was out there trying to get extra pics to cover the next 4 months because there is a good chance I'll be packing the car in this weekend.

I couldn't get a great shot for "At the pumps", but not every hit can be a home run right? I had a better idea, but it fell through and now, for the sake of submitting, I submit this:

Name:  IMG_6247.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  203.3 KB

Who's next?

Old 11-09-2016, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

Well that's what children are supposed to do. I had similar events when I was younger. But now when I am a grandparent I can give the kids a treat and it will be like sweet revenge for my Daughter who has to deal with them at bed time. LOL
But more Dinosaurs this TRex was a display along the Interstate where they had a museum.
Here is one of a Bobcat trying to catch the Trex and then check my Granddaughter offering her toy horse to one inside the museum.
Fun stuff. She never said a thing because she knew I was there to save the day.

Attached Thumbnails Bi-Monthly Themed Photo COntest "At The Pumps"-dscf6239.jpg   Bi-Monthly Themed Photo COntest "At The Pumps"-dscf6242.jpg   Bi-Monthly Themed Photo COntest "At The Pumps"-2155.jpg  
Old 11-09-2016, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Here is a Gas Station that is in a small town south of where I live Geneva,NE this station was active back in the 90's and then closed. The Chamber of Commerce has it now. My son was the Project Manager on this one for the restoration project. Check the price of the Gas on the old pumps (17 cents).
I have taken a photo by this one before and this is a current photo as you can see the Red stripe on the Headlight covers.
Took this photo when I was on the Barn hunt.

Attached Thumbnails Bi-Monthly Themed Photo COntest "At The Pumps"-pumps.jpg   Bi-Monthly Themed Photo COntest "At The Pumps"-img_2484.jpg  
Old 11-12-2016, 12:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My 8 old year old would **** a chicken if I tried going anywhere near that giant T-Rex with her. She is very cowardly. The 2 year old would climb in it's mouth. It looks amazing!

Those are some b!tchin' lookin' pumps. I don't know of anything like that around these parts. I love America

Old 11-12-2016, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
My 8 old year old would **** a chicken if I tried going anywhere near that giant T-Rex with her. She is very cowardly. The 2 year old would climb in it's mouth. It looks amazing!

Those are some b!tchin' lookin' pumps. I don't know of anything like that around these parts. I love America
That was my Granddaughter back in 2010, I was on a baby sitting duty for my daughter. Who went on Vacation with her son and husband to Hawaii.
So I had to drive to Colorado, pick the little one up and we drove back, she knew me but not real good.
So Mc Donald's fries helped the 500 mile trip pass.
So she was up for the dino museum and they had a bunch of interactive stuff there pretty cool. She wasn't afraid.

So now we flash forward to this Spring of 2016 and they went back to Hawaii and this time she gets to go along and does a cartwheel on the Hotels grounds and breaks her arm.
Open fracture and they had to pin the thing from the elbow almost to the wrist.
She still didn't really put up a fuss.
She is tougher than her Mom who is a real Candy A**.

My son called me several times when he was building this project and restoring the building.
He was asking about that era?
I can't recall ever seeing these style pumps in use, but my Father did. (you would pump the fuel into the glassed top and measure the amount and then drain it into the Cars fuel tank.)

I remember back in the 50's and 60's when gads was less than 30 cents a gallon and they were having gas wars.
The stations were full service, so they would Pump the gas, Clean the windshields, and Check the Oil, and usually 2 or more would do this.

I also remember doing that job, girls would come into the station and they would purposely hike up there skirts as you washed the windshield. Very naughty girls for sure.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2016
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
That was my Granddaughter back in 2010, I was on a baby sitting duty for my daughter. Who went on Vacation with her son and husband to Hawaii.
So I had to drive to Colorado, pick the little one up and we drove back, she knew me but not real good.
So Mc Donald's fries helped the 500 mile trip pass.
So she was up for the dino museum and they had a bunch of interactive stuff there pretty cool. She wasn't afraid.

So now we flash forward to this Spring of 2016 and they went back to Hawaii and this time she gets to go along and does a cartwheel on the Hotels grounds and breaks her arm.
Open fracture and they had to pin the thing from the elbow almost to the wrist.
She still didn't really put up a fuss.
She is tougher than her Mom who is a real Candy A**.

My son called me several times when he was building this project and restoring the building.
He was asking about that era?
I can't recall ever seeing these style pumps in use, but my Father did. (you would pump the fuel into the glassed top and measure the amount and then drain it into the Cars fuel tank.)

I remember back in the 50's and 60's when gads was less than 30 cents a gallon and they were having gas wars.
The stations were full service, so they would Pump the gas, Clean the windshields, and Check the Oil, and usually 2 or more would do this.

I also remember doing that job, girls would come into the station and they would purposely hike up there skirts as you washed the windshield. Very naughty girls for sure.
.30 a gallon still exists, in metals value. three silver dimes is about 3.00 so up 10 vs the FRN but rules say I am not allowed to get political here. so I should not go this road here