Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Who's is your favorite "Parking Structures" photo?
Mel SS
9.09%
06mistreSS
72.73%
JuniorCar
0%
drivernumber3
0%
ZIPPY02
18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Bi-Monthly Themed Photo Contest "Parking Structures" Voting

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 07:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Name:  DSC_74682_zps924511fe.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  55.7 KB

Gotta say, this sharp pic really reminds me of a rare song from the '80s:
"Black Cars (Look Better In The Shade)".
(Gino Vannelli)

Old 02-22-2017, 07:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the win Matt. Nice submission, real classy shot.

I actually thought Junior Car would pull the win, I felt the vegetation's color really pulled in the cars limited yellow accents.

My shot sucked in that the parking lot stripes were all peeled up and nasty looking. Really distracted from a clean composition.

I will also vote for myself, it's not like a gross violation. I think while it is competition, it's also about the best picture winning, best MOM, pride in your car.

Like Gen. Patton (George C. Scott) said in the movie "I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for someone who lost and laughed about it" And I always remembered that all these years. Do all you can do to win, and if you lose, redouble your efforts and be victorious in your battles. I believe there is something we have witnessed from our human history that throughout the ages the human spirit seeks or is put into competition and desires the satisfaction of a victory from their struggles and efforts. So the one vote you cast for yourself may have given you a win over a loss because you did not stand up and fight for yourself. If this makes sense or not to everyone I do not know.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Congrats on the win Matt. Nice submission, real classy shot.

I actually thought Junior Car would pull the win, I felt the vegetation's color really pulled in the cars limited yellow accents.

My shot sucked in that the parking lot stripes were all peeled up and nasty looking. Really distracted from a clean composition.

I will also vote for myself, it's not like a gross violation. I think while it is competition, it's also about the best picture winning, best MOM, pride in your car.

Like Gen. Patton (George C. Scott) said in the movie "I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for someone who lost and laughed about it" And I always remembered that all these years. Do all you can do to win, and if you lose, redouble your efforts and be victorious in your battles. I believe there is something we have witnessed from our human history that throughout the ages the human spirit seeks or is put into competition and desires the satisfaction of a victory from their struggles and efforts. So the one vote you cast for yourself may have given you a win over a loss because you did not stand up and fight for yourself. If this makes sense or not to everyone I do not know.

But I voted for one of the other entries?

My vote for myself was the entry otherwise I wouldn't play along.

Patton sent his men out in front of him too! what was it they said Our blood and our guts, but he was a great General It would have been an Honor to have served under his command.

Like Gen. Patton (George C. Scott) said in the movie "I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for someone who lost and laughed about it"

That probably hold true when you are in control? One vote kind of sets the limits.

But in this case even 2nd place is the still the first looser!!

But if your on the Track if your between me and the Checker flag you will wish you weren't. D.E. 2000. Or you could be on the range and wonder why did he get all those in the 10 ring?
Anyway I enjoy it gives me something to do when I am hundreds to thousands of miles from home 10 months of the year. But should be a major change to that shortly I will retire.